• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lazy Towns Robbie Rotten is in the final stages of cancer (Up: Cleared)

Oersted

stefan-karl-stefansson-7.07.jpg

Update 1:

A bit of a bump that I'm sure will scare a couple people into thinking the worst, but thankfully that's not the case!

It's a week old, but it seems like he's uploaded his first video since the really bad news. I'm glad to see him still smiling and enjoying life.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UDo_naq7QM8

Update 2:

https://i.redd.it/7wgs4dkiihfz.png

It's a fucking miracle. He beat terminal cancer.

Stefan Karl Stefansson was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2016

The website also translated an emotional Facebook post from Stefan’s wife (which was originally in Icelandic) which heartbreakingly revealed how it was "unbearable to tell our children that their dad would not live be an old man."

It explained: "Stefan has been hospitalised for 14 days. On June 7, three liver tumours were removed. After the operation Stefan suffered an infection which lasted a week. and afterwards, he received an infection that lasted for a week in hospital. Stephen has bile-duct cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma), a rare and little-researched disease. The disease is now advanced to stage four, and therefore, his life expectancy is unfortunately significantly reduced."

More here

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2017062740188/lazy-town-robbie-rotten-cancer-update/

Lock if old

Pein

Banned
It really sucks my niece has been watching the lazytown music video's on YT recently

For a man to bring such joy to children it sucks he's in such a bleak situation.

That's unfortunate.
He'll never see this, but I wish him all the best. That's really I can do. He's a sweet guy, too. I met him after a show he did here in Los Angeles. He played the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He even signed my window card.

kswiston

I can't even imagine going through this in your early 40s.

Dying before my daughter is really old enough to remember me is one of my fears.

sphinx

the piano man
this is hard to understand.

he's 41.... what in the world can make the body of such a young human shut down like that with a devastating cancer? I guess what I ask is...why and how??

Permanently A

Damn, he really brought a lot of joy to children and adults alike. That's a really sad way to go. Hope he knows people around the world really love him and his character.

CloudWolf

Damn, he really brought a lot of joy to children and adults alike. That's a really sad way to go. Hope he knows people around the world really love him and his character.

After the We Are Number One meme, he definitely knows. It brought up an insane amount of money for his treatment/cause. It sucks to hear that it did very little for him though, he seems like a great guy and way too young to die of cancer.

He's made a lot of people smile, through his own work or people using it as a template for something else.

Terrible things happen to great people all too often. I really thought that the wonderful support he got last year would halt this.

Fuck cancer.

It's especially heartbreaking after all help he was able to get from fans of the show and the meme.

He brought alot of happiness to my younger cousins.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
You gotta do the cookin by the book...

I hope they do an episode about where's Robbie eventually... i think they could actually pull off something respectful and potentially teach a lot of kids about life, death and how to deal with shitty real world bullshit in a positive way.

Also - reddit dankmemes has been losing it's fucking mind over this for a few days now. In a ... really surprisingly positive/not shitty way.

Kyrios

Absolutely terrible :(

You gotta do the cookin by the book...

I hope they do an episode about where's Robbie eventually... i think they could actually pull off something respectful and potentially teach a lot of kids about life, death and how to deal with shitty real world bullshit in a positive way.

Also - reddit dankmemes has been losing it's fucking mind over this for a few days now. In a ... really surprisingly positive/not shitty way.

Pretty sure the show was cancelled a few years ago, unless you mean something else.

BriGuy

he's 41.... what in the world can make the body of such a young human shut down like that with a devastating cancer? I guess what I ask is...why and how??
It's a highly metastatic form of cancer; shit goes everywhere, and for every nodule you're able to excise, there are a dozen more you can't. We lost a 16 year old patient to it last year. As for why, well, maybe some people are just that unlucky. I couldn't tell you. Never take your good health for granted.

exYle

I'm glad the We Are Number One song hit memedom lately, Steffanson seems like a good guy and he deserves the adoration in the last few months of his life

Dai101

Banned
That's unfortunate.
He'll never see this, but I wish him all the best. That's really I can do. He's a sweet guy, too. I met him after a show he did here in Los Angeles. He played the Grinch in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. He even signed my window card.

Funny. I always imagined his character as a fur-less Grinch.

The show brought me a lot of smiles to me and my nieces and nephews. Half of that was Stefan's Robbie Rotten. I guess we can just brace for the innevitable short of a miracle.

Do what you want 'cuz a pirate is free, you're a pirate

**sigh ..................

theBmZ

This sucks. I caught an episode every now and then. I still listen to "you are a pirate" every once in a while.

Steejee

My mother died at 44 from throat and neck cancer. She had smoked a lot when she was young but hadn't touched a cigarette in nearly 20 years. Cancer is like the reverse lottery - doesn't matter how old or young you are, you can always 'win'. Some things just up the odds...

So yeah, fuck cancer. My condolences to the family, and I hope he passes comfortably, something not all cancer victims are able to have.

Cancer f***ing sucks :(

Cancer happens to people of all ages.
Ever been to a children's hospital?

Vidiot

Terrible. I lost my step father to pancreatic cancer. It was devastating seeing what it did to him. :( Best wishes to him and his loved ones.

Top Bottom