• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz64

Son of Godzilla said:
The concept of "seasons" just screams "We want a reason to nuke your investments"... I do not want to lose my summoner level again, much less anything else.

Although seasons have not been finalize yet, My understanding is you don't lose your summoner level. It will always be level 30, just like your World of Warcraft guy will always be level 60.

What will reset is the rank play/ladder/tournament which is not enabled currently. When you click matchmaking right now, rank play is on the right which is not enabled.

I think the top 50 players in rank play might get a prize at the end of a season, then it gets reset so everyone can participate in the tournament again.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I want to know more about this rotating champions thing and how long it'll take for me to get the points i need to permanently unlock Annie.

Just patched and it seems like things were broken that worked fine. Some people have problems joining queue now. Teemo's new passive doesn't seem to work. The launcher runs sluggish now and requires more resources.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=24433&page=13

PVP.Net 30.10

* PVP.net Help System: If you see a “?” button anywhere in the PVP.net client, click on it to bring up the help system. This system is designed to give you some basic information about various aspects of the PVP.net client.
* The PVP.net client has been significantly optimized for performance. Users will have a slightly longer loading and login time, while transitions and loading in the rest of the client are up to 5x faster in some areas.
* Summoner Runebooks have been significantly optimized and should perform much better.
* Fixed an issue with Maestro that would cause users to see errors at various points.
* Fixed a typo on the Masteries page in the Summoner Profile.
* Changed the primary font in the PVP.net client to Fritz Quadrata.
* Fixed various Localization Issues

League of Legends 1.0.0.52 (displays as 1.0.0.1)
Amumu

* Tantrum Damage modified from 115/130/145/160/175 to 100/120/140/160/180
* Curse of the Sad Mummy Duration reduced from 3 to 2.5

Blitzcrank

* Static Field Damage increased from 200/300/400 to 250/375/500

Cho'Gath

* Feral Scream Cooldown reduced from 17 to 16
* Feral Scream Range increased from 615 to 650
* Rupture Range increased from 900 to 1000

Dr Mundo

* Burning Agony AoE range increased from 300 to 325
* Burning Agony Movement Impairment Reduction increased from 20/25/30/35/40% to 25/30/35/40/45%
* Masochism cooldown reduced from 8 to 7
* Stats: Increased Attack Speed per Level from 2 to 2.3

Janna

* Eye of the Storm Mana Cost reduced from 70/90/110/130/150 to 70/85/100/115/130
* Adjusted the selection radius to match her size

Karthus

* Lay Waste Ability Power Ration is now correct
* Fixed a bug with Wall of Pain where it was slowing units 2 second after the particle had faded

Katarina

* Shunpo Ability Power Ratio reduced from .8 to .75
* Shunpo Cooldown reduced from 9/8/7/6/5 to 10/9/8/7/6
* Death Lotus Ability Power Ratio reduced from .4 to .35

Malphite

* Seismic Shard now steals the amount of Movement Speed that the target has lost instead of increasing Malphite’s Movement Speed by the equivalent percentage lost
* Unstoppable Force Stun Duration reduced from 1.5/2/2.5 to 1.5/1.75/2
* Unstoppable Force Cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 140/120/100

Morgana

* Black Shield Cooldown increased from 15 to 17
* Black Shield will now no longer dispell debuffs when cast. It will still block incoming debuffs.

Nasus

* Spirit Fire Cooldown increased from 11 to 12
* Spirit Fire Mana Cost increased from 60/75/90/105/120 to 70/85/100/115/130

Nunu

* Blood Boil Attack Speed increased from 20/30/40/50/60% to 25/35/45/55/65%
* Absolute Zero Damage increased from 400/600/800 to 500/700/900
* Absolute Zero Attack Speed Slow per second increased from 15% to 25%
* Absolute Zero Range increased from 525 to 575

Rammus

* Increased base Health from 400 to 420 and Health per level from 76 to 86
* Tremors damage increased from 55/110/165 to 65/130/195

Shaco

* Deceive Cooldown increased from 9 to 10
* Deceive Mana Cost increased from 80/70/60/50/40 to 90/80/70/60/50
* Deceive Duration reduced from 5 to 4
* Deceive Range reduced from 575 to 500
* Two-Shiv Poison Mana Cost increased from 75 to 80
* Jack in the Box Fear Range reduced from 450 to 400
* Jack in the Box Base Health reduced from 200 to 150
* Jack in the Boxes are no longer magic immune, but instead have 50 Magic Resist

Sivir

* On the Hunt Attack Speed increase for allies should now be properly reduced in half for allies

Teemo

* New Passive: Lie in Wait: Teemo will now stealth after standing still for 6 seconds without taking an action (damage will break this effect). Moving or taking actions will break Teemo out of stealth.

Tristana

* Increased auto attack missile speed from 1450 to 2250
* Rapid Fire Mana Cost decreased from 100 to 80
* Rocket Jump Mana Cost decreased from 100 to 80
* Exploding Shot passive explosion damage increased from 30/50/70/90/110 to 50/75/100/125/150
* Exploding Shot active component now will tick damage every second as opposed to every half second
* Buster Shot Mana Cost from decreased from 150 to 140
* Buster Shot pushback radius increased from 150 to 175

Twisted Fate

* PAX Skin will now properly display in game
* Gate now has the proper team color indicators
* Gate will no longer create a vision bubble at the target location

Veigar

* Primordial Burst Base Damage increased from 100/250/400 to 200/300/400
* Dark Matter Cooldown reduced from 13 to 12
* Dark Matter Mana Cost modified from 90/105/120/135/150 to 100/110/120/130/140

Summoner Spells

* Clairvoyance Cooldown reduced from 60 to 55
* Heal: A debuff is now placed on Champions healed by Summoner Heal for 25 seconds. Subsequent Summoner Heals will have their effect dimished by 50% on allies with the debuff. Your Champion will still receive the full amount of the heal if cast by your Summoner.
* Ignite: Fixed an issue that prevented ignite from being cast while silenced

Items

* Guardian Angel Health / Mana Restored on Respawn reduced from 50% to 40%
* You can no longer teleport while being revived by Guardian Angel
* Oracles Crystal Cost Reduced from 450 to 400
* Malady Attack Speed increased from 40% to 50%
* NEW ITEM: Void Staff: Mid Tier Ability Power/Mana Item: Gives your spells 40% Magic Resist Penetration
* UPDATED ITEM: Sorcerer’s Shoes: Changed to flat 15 Magic Resist Penetration.

General

* Fixed a bug causing some spells or characters to not preload properly.
* Tutorial text altered to reference proper default key bindings.
* Melee minion gold per kill increased from 18 to 20 on three lane maps and from 22 to 24 on two lane maps.
* Increased base gold per kill from 250 to 300
* Decreased max kill streak multiplier from 4 to 3.333 (effectively 1000 to 999.9 gold)
* Decreased gold pool for assists from 70% of base to 58.3% of base (no effective change)
* Decreased kill stream bonus multiplier per kill from .2 to .166 (no effective change)
* Decreased minimum death stream penalty from .35 to .3 (no effective change)
* Mender's Faith now provides 10 x level bonus HP on Summoner Heal from 75 flat bonus HP and 10 seconds of cooldown reduction.
* Fixed some brush visibility issues where you can see one user from another patch of grass or from certain angles
* Fixed a bug for chain missiles disappearing when a unit dies / goes out of range
* Fixed a large amount of server and game crashes (About 15 different types of crashes)
* Improved minion turning when they appear from fog of war
* Fixed a bug with bots always spawning in middle of platform
* Fixed the illusion of “loss of health” when moving the camera around distant units
* Fixed a bug related to disappearing and reappearing particles
* Fixed a bug where a player under rare circumstances could reconnect as another player and have full vision of the map

Turrets

* Turret damage scaling changed to 85% to 155% at 10% increments on hit resetting to 125% when switching champions from 75% to 200% at 25% increments on hit resetting to 150% when switching champions.
* Turret backdoor bonus decreased from 250 to 200.
* Turret armor and magic resistance growth decreased from 2.5 to 1.5.
* Turret armor and magic resistance decay decreased from 5 to 3.
* Second turret base armor decreased from 42.5 to 37.5
* Inhibitor turret base armor decreased from 55 to 47.5

Baron Nashor

* Reduced Mana Regen from 25 Mana per 5 to 17.5 Mana per 5
* Reduced Health Regen from 5% per 5 to 3.5% per 5

Twisted Treeline

* Reduced Inhibitor Health from 3600 to 3000
* Reduced Crest of Flowing Water's Movement Speed Buff from 50% to 45%
* Increased Respawn Time from 18-35 to 20-37
* Adjusted Crest of Crushing Wrath (The dragon buff) to increase damage by 1% per level.
* Adjusted Crest of Nature's Fury (The wolf buff) to increase attack speed by 20% and reduce cooldowns by 10%.
* Decreased the range of the vision sentry in the middle, such that you cannot see into the lanes above and below the jungle.
* The nexus should now have only one turret instead of two.
* Increased the health of Super Minions by 200 and their damage by 20.
* Cooldown reduction should now be properly capped at 40% on Twisted Treeline.
* Fixed minion pathfinding

/mourn Shaco. That 1 seconds reduction on stealth is killer. You could just barely make it from some bushes to the next before, now that's gonna be gone :L

But eh, the hero was complete bullshit, so whatever. Hopefully they'll make his ult not suck ass next patch. Also the turret change is a bit scary. Malphite and Yi and a few others are just going to eat them alive.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I hate to be a broken record in this topic, but have they said anything about when they plan to release random draft or any other modes besides blind-pick?

Darklord

Banned
Well...after the patch I found corki to be literally unstoppable able to kill 2 or 3 other heroes by himself with ease.

Also after that 1 game...my game totally broke and I can't play it anymore.

gg.

Darklord said:
Well...after the patch I found corki to be literally unstoppable able to kill 2 or 3 other heroes by himself with ease.

Also after that 1 game...my game totally broke and I can't play it anymore.

gg.

He could do that before patch. They didn't change anything this patch. They did add an item that cuts through 40% of your magic resistance. he might have had that.

bistromathics said:
I hate to be a broken record in this topic, but have they said anything about when they plan to release random draft or any other modes besides blind-pick?

Nope not yet. It's coming though.

eznark

Banned
Does it seem retarded to anyone else that GameSpot would review only the premium, collectors edition of a free to play game?

It would be like reviewing only the most expensive collectors edition of Halo 3, then docking the score because it wasn't worth the price you paid for it. Strange.

Of course, if could just be that I think VanOrd is an obnoxious moron....

so I was in beta for this and I couldnt even last a match because I thought it was so bad, tried this out last night and wow they really went to work on it. I mean its like night and day. Its pretty good and will be played along side HoN.

b.e.r.g

Lima Beans said:
As Blitz said, and I can confirm, levels will not reset for seasons.
So I assume you keep you unlocked champs aswell?

Also; stupid patch! Fix the damn Amumu ulti before you nerf it! And nerf Ryze already!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Teknopathetic said:
Morgana nerf makes me cry.
yeah, it sucks. the increased cooldown isn't the kicker, it's that it no longer dispells debuffs. :(

was it really necessary to do BOTH?

put the cooldown back to what it was (or even reduce it) if you're going to stop it from removing debuffs.

or have it that it still dispels debuffs, but increase the cooldown.

both is a bit much imo.

b.e.r.g

Mister_Mingi said:
Whats broken about his ult?
Well it's a channeled spell that cancels when you move, and he will automatically move for any enemy within it's range when used, so it cancels the same second you start it. Doesn't happen every time, but often.

b.e.r.g said:
Well it's a channeled spell that cancels when you move, and he will automatically move for any enemy within it's range when used, so it cancels the same second you start it. Doesn't happen every time, but often.

It's not a channeled spell.

b.e.r.g said:
But it cancels when he moves?

Not for me...

Sometimes the visual effect doesn't display properly but they are always snared for me for the duration. It is just a snare though not a stun... I think...

b.e.r.g

Mister_Mingi said:
Not for me...

Sometimes the visual effect doesn't display properly but they are always snared for me for the duration. It is just a snare though not a stun... I think...
Yeah you're probably right, and I guess if people have any kind of spell/snare immunity they are just unaffected.

BTW, what you guys think of the turret nerf? I hate it :( I see that they want the games to be faster, but I don't think this is the way to do it. The games aren't faster, their just more champion focused. Old lure close to turret + snare tactics barely work now. I've even been ganked from behind when protecting my turret. This makes solo defense really hard, and champ unbalance an even bigger issue.

eznark

Banned
Anyone want to try and get a GAF match going this evening? Around 6 est?

Visual effects not displaying are crippling in some instances. Not having that graphical representation of the invuln bubble has gotten me turret killed more than once.

eznark

Banned
I see LoL is now available on Steam.

Anyone know if you can register your CE serial with Steam to get it integrated?

Tetsuo9

I would play, add walras if anyone is interesed.

b.e.r.g said:
Yeah you're probably right, and I guess if people have any kind of spell/snare immunity they are just unaffected.

BTW, what you guys think of the turret nerf? I hate it :( I see that they want the games to be faster, but I don't think this is the way to do it. The games aren't faster, their just more champion focused. Old lure close to turret + snare tactics barely work now. I've even been ganked from behind when protecting my turret. This makes solo defense really hard, and champ unbalance an even bigger issue.

Yeah I feel the same. I was playing with Dr. Mundo and I can take towers alone if I have good gear at mid-end game.

sohois

Tetsuo9 said:
I would play, add walras if anyone is interesed.

Yeah I feel the same. I was playing with Dr. Mundo and I can take towers alone if I have good gear at mid-end game.

Ill add you, sohois is the name

also, tower soloing used to happen plenty in dota, its not a huge prob. The problem would be if they could destroy one while being attacked by champions, like could happen in dota, but LoL doesn't have as powerful items so there's no danger of that

eznark

Banned
CapitalPwnishment

Do not play with that nimrod. Slurs, insults, and purpose feeding. Great experience with that idiot.

sohois said:

also, tower soloing used to happen plenty in dota, its not a huge prob. The problem would be if they could destroy one while being attacked by champions, like could happen in dota, but LoL doesn't have as powerful items so there's no danger of that

I wish this were true now but after the last patch towers are so much softer now and easier to solo. Trynd, Alistar, Master Yi, and some more can take down towers very quickly while solo and even BDing. A second pill then walk or a teleport are still to slow for one to port then defend. But it does add to defense strats so one needs to just adapt and play accordingly.

Do you have to be online (connected to internet) in order to play this one with bots? Am really constrained with bandwidth so I don't want to download the game to find out

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Melhisedek said:
Do you have to be online (connected to internet) in order to play this one with bots? Am really constrained with bandwidth so I don't want to download the game to find out
i believe the game can't even be signed into without having an internet connection.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Getting used to the game now. Been playing it most of the night.

What's the deal with people jumping around? Is it just lag on my end or something?

b.e.r.g

sohois said:

Well, the problem is that they can just sneak around, gank you from behind (within turret range) and then kill the tower before you return. Especially id f you don't have teleport. I guess I could just adapt by playing a more offensive champion, but that would render support/def champs useless. They need to eigther reboost the turrets or boost support characters. Gank oriented champs are too powerful when you can't hide behind towers!

Downloaded and played my first game last night. Fuuuck there's a lot to wrap the brain around. :) Lots of fun, first match was a victory but I still have a crapload to learn so obviously I wasn't top of the scoreboard.

Feel free to add me to your FL if you like, name is the same as mine here. Only tried one match so far, but I wouldn't mind teaming up with some gaffers while I learn the ropes.

sohois

b.e.r.g said:
Well, the problem is that they can just sneak around, gank you from behind (within turret range) and then kill the tower before you return. Especially id f you don't have teleport. I guess I could just adapt by playing a more offensive champion, but that would render support/def champs useless. They need to eigther reboost the turrets or boost support characters. Gank oriented champs are too powerful when you can't hide behind towers!

What youre describing is just backdooring; its considered cheating in Dota, and i guess in LoL as well. I've not played with anyone whos done that and you should block anyone that does it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
sohois said:
What youre describing is just backdooring; its considered cheating in Dota, and i guess in LoL as well. I've not played with anyone whos done that and you should block anyone that does it.
i don't consider backdooring as cheating. i won't argue the case for or against in DotA (haven't played it), but I see it as a legit strategy in in LoL. developers haven't designed it out of the game, so it's currently "by design". there are strategies to counter it, so you just need to be on your game.

sohois said:
Backdooring isn't cheating. And that's not even backdooring. Backdooring is attacking a turret while your creeps aren't there. There are tons of ways to die while supposedly safe. A guy running up to you and smacking you in the face isn't even close to the lamest.

sohois said:

Backdooring was ONCE considered cheating in DotA. Once upon a time in DotA, you were able to kill the tower in the base and kill the barracks while the other 2 towers in the lane still stood. That was considered cheating. BUT since then those towers and barracks have been made invulnerable if the tower before them is still still standing.

The backdooring that is today isn't the same. Now backdooring is attacking a tower when creeps aren't there.

TheExodu5

Banned
They should never have released the game in it's current state. I won't compare it gameplay wise to HoN, since they're both for different audiences, but HoN is far more feature complete in it's beta stages.

blitz64

LoL has more features than Demigod 6 months after release. It has auto matchmaking which I think is the hardest of all the features. Auto matchmaking still missing from HoN and broken in Demigod (pantheon).

I think LoL was ready for release. It is Riot's first game so they don't have the budget of S2 or Stardock. I'm surprise they didn't have the store ready but imho it's not that bad. The game is still there for everyone to play.

I wonder if they will get 1 million register users in the first month like Battlefield Heroes.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
My friend and I are still playing this. He's got a killer Nasus (though he plays a lot of other champions too) and I play a good Morgana, if I do say so myself.

We're usually on every night between 21:00 and 01:00 Eastern time. Add "Oldats" and "bunrs" if you want to play some pre-made Normal or Practice games with us. We're actually trying to find 3 others we could get along with for a full 5-man team.

Riot said they're delaying the store opening till this Friday.

eznark

Banned
blitz64 said:
LoL has more features than Demigod 6 months after release. It has auto matchmaking which I think is the hardest of all the features. Auto matchmaking still missing from HoN and broken in Demigod (pantheon).

I think LoL was ready for release. It is Riot's first game so they don't have the budget of S2 or Stardock. I'm surprise they didn't have the store ready but imho it's not that bad. The game is still there for everyone to play.

I wonder if they will get 1 million register users in the first month like Battlefield Heroes.
It's also free. It didn't need to be feature complete on release, because you don't have to pay $30 for it. Heroes of Newerth is expecting a larger investment initially, so it has to (or risk a dismal launch like Demigod) release essentially finished.

ProfessorLobo said:
How balanced is this game?

How much is it based on memorization?

Play it. It's free. See for yourself.

It's fairly balanced. There are some champs that do extremely well in what they are built for and need a nerf but it's a work in progress.

A decent amount requires memory. You need to know what the opponent's champ can and can't do, and what items do. But that is about the majority of the memorizing.

BTW new date for the store is Friday.

TheExodu5

Banned
eznark said:
It's also free. It didn't need to be feature complete on release, because you don't have to pay $30 for it. Heroes of Newerth is expecting a larger investment initially, so it has to (or risk a dismal launch like Demigod) release essentially finished.

True.

I'll also give it the fact that it is a hell of a lot better than Demigod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom