• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Bacon

I just wanted to play Varus mid but some tool in my lobby starts calling me dumb for no reason (probably because he wanted mid but got his secondary role of jungle) and he banned Varus so I couldn't play him.

:/

Yeah the potential for lobby trolling is even higher with the new draft

Are we in the ranked 2016 season now as I'm still classified as down in the doldrums of Corki's Archangels on EUW.

Also, I wish there was an option for the launcher to rotate between the various log-in screens.

patchday

wish they could speed up new queue system. I really like it but its taking forever to get into a match. someone always forgets to pick a champ (or rather not locked in) and then we have to find another team

My friend and I readied up for a match and the queue time took 20 minutes. We managed to get in two matches of hearthstone before saying screw it, and quitting for the night. And we are in silver.

Moonlight

Banned
Had another match against Trynd (as Poppy) and did waaaay better this time around now. He's a lot less scary when you bait out the Undying Rage effect. And of course, when you can lock him down with Poppy's stunning dash, which ranks pretty highly as one of the most satisfying things to nail in the game for me. Especially when you come in from behind to gank and push them up against the turret.

Had another match against Trynd (as Poppy) and did waaaay better this time around now. He's a lot less scary when you bait out the Undying Rage effect. And of course, when you can lock him down with Poppy's stunning dash, which ranks pretty highly as one of the most satisfying things to nail in the game for me. Especially when you come in from behind to gank and push them up against the turret.

Thinking about doing Poppy Support.

Seems like it could be good fun picking on the soft champs with a cute, tiny melee tank.
Plus she was cheap so it didn't take much thought when I was deciding what to use my IP on.

zkylon

zkylewd
pKNqbfJ.jpg

so WANT

Moonlight

Banned

Seems like it could be good fun picking on the soft champs with a cute, tiny melee tank.
Plus she was cheap so it didn't take much thought when I was deciding what to use my IP on.
I couldn't tell you how well she works in support, since I've just been playing top with her, but as someone who's spent the past while flipping between squishies like Ahri, Orianna, Soraka, and recently Lux, I'm finding it really fun to crash parties in other lanes with her and tank a whole lot of punishment along the way. She's really enjoyable.

PSqueak

Banned

Guess she basically would work like a non healing Alistar?

Bet you could get a lot of millage when facing ADCs like Graves and Lucian.

Banzai

I can't decide on the right Sejuani runes and masteries.

For runes Hybrid Pen or Magic Pen marks? Feels like Hybrid would be better for clears.
Flat Armor or Scaling Health seals? Her W does scale with health...
CDR or MR Glyphs?
MS, AP or Armor quints?

Feels like anything and everything sorta works.

With Masteries I'm switching back and forth between 6/6/18 and 0/12/18.

Any advice at all? I really like playing her in the jungle for all the CC.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Attack speed reds, armor yellows, MR or CDR/lvl blues and AP quints

Penetration runes aren't really good for jungling
Attack speed is not desirable on many tank junglers anymore because they usually won't be taking Machete first. Mpen is fine. Otherwise just take flat AP or AD.

drawkcaB

Attack speed is not desirable on many tank junglers anymore because they usually won't be taking Machete first. Mpen is fine. Otherwise just take flat AP or AD.

Just to expand on this, the jungle tanks where AS marks are still the better option are the few who have on-hit effects (e.g. Nautilus).

I can't decide on the right Sejuani runes and masteries.

For runes Hybrid Pen or Magic Pen marks? Feels like Hybrid would be better for clears.
Flat Armor or Scaling Health seals? Her W does scale with health...
CDR or MR Glyphs?
MS, AP or Armor quints?

Feels like anything and everything sorta works.

With Masteries I'm switching back and forth between 6/6/18 and 0/12/18.

Any advice at all? I really like playing her in the jungle for all the CC.

Everything you've written down is fine. If you happen to be doing better with X than Y runes despite what other players recommend and what the data shows then stick with that.

Generally speaking, tanks have been moving towards either penetration marks (hybrid, magic, or physical) or armor marks, but lots of players still prefer attack speed. Even though it might not be the best choice damage wise, it does clean up some champions' auto attacks and makes them more user friendly, although if you stick with one or only a small handful of champions you'll eventually get to know their little idiosyncrasies such as how their AAs feel anyways.

The most general tank rune page is something to the effect of penetration marks/health seals (scaling or flat, or even a mix)/scaling CDR glyphs/armor quints. Some high level players change things up a bit. Valkrin for example likes to stack all his glyphs as flat CDR and use one CDR quint to start the game at 10% CDR.

Kenai

That dude can fight vs 4 and win

Uh, he can only realistically lock down OR save one person at a time. His multi hit potential is extremely poor. Going 1 v 4 to him and losing is being bad, he's not an assassin with burst or something.

I am fine with this nerf though, again one that is fair.

Been in too many situations where I have to sit back and wonder why was this champion allowed to happen. I mean he just does not die, but to make matters worst, he can do lots of damage. I also say this for volibear lol. Still, there are a lot of champions I feel some type of way about .. *cough* Rengar.

pigeon

Banned
What are people's thoughts on Dead Man's Plate?

Armor item choices:

* Dead Man's Plate: juggernauts (ex: Voli)
* Sunfire Cape: tanks who don't care about mana or CDR or really want to build health (ex: Mundo)
* Frozen Heart: tanks who do want mana or CDR or don't scale well with health (ex: Nasus) (Nasus not technically a tank but you know what I mean)
* Iceborn Gauntlet: bruisers with gapclosers (ex: aggro Poppy)
* Randuin's Omen: nobody is building this any more because of the nerfs I guess

yeah but I dunno I just feel like they shouldn't mess with him for some reason. He's a really well executed character

But if u guys say he needs nerfs he's probably crazy OP.

I don't want his fundamental character changed, but honestly there's no reason Tahm should be THAT tanky and THAT good at playmaking and also do THAT much damage. Like, if Tahm basically did NO damage you'd still see him in pro play occasionally just for his CC and playmaking/playstopping power. He really doesn't need to get a bunch of free mixed damage by building health.

Banzai

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll keep experimenting with Sej and see what I like best. I do plan on actually getting out of silver next season lol. I'll finally have the time to play more than 2 matches every weekend, too.

Kenai

I don't want his fundamental character changed, but honestly there's no reason Tahm should be THAT tanky and THAT good at playmaking and also do THAT much damage. Like, if Tahm basically did NO damage you'd still see him in pro play occasionally just for his CC and playmaking/playstopping power. He really doesn't need to get a bunch of free mixed damage by building health.

They nerfed his tanking and his playmaking (twice) recently though. And his winrate isn't actually very high in any of his roles (cracks the top 10 in Top lane at #10 and his winrate in jng/supp are in bottom half territory, at least according to champion.gg). Meanwhile the usual suspects bot who I actually find horribly boring to play/playt against (Janna/Sona) are ignored despite their high winrate, or are finally receiving notice that may or may not matter (Brand/Trundle/Soraka).

He also has several champs who do a good job countering him in every role, and since he a pretty slow tank with windup for almost all of his offensive maneuvers you can make plays around pretty much everything he does.

I still say he's good in spite of his winrate, but I continue to insist he is not OP. The nerfs are fine because he should have to commit to a single target (icon timer), shouldn't be able to run away so well while tanky (W when moving away) and should be able to finish his shield business in 3 seconds (E active), but people keep whining about him post nerf and I am really starting to not understand. The stats don't support it at all.

The only champion I find unacceptable right now is Rengar because of that objective and extreme lack of counterplay :x

JulianImp

Solo Q is so bad at adapting to stuff that chances are you'll win

This. So much this.

Earlier, I and my adc got owned by support Vel'Koz, of all things. One of the reasons why I want to force mid/top is because there're so many champions I don't usually face that I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do when they show up in my lane, and that's awfully frustrating. It didn't help that Vel's Qs were really on point, either.

Top Bottom