• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Careful of them duelists owning your ass when your long cds are down

If you max W first and have some CDR, you have plenty of room to space out your abilities. Q them if they get aggressive on you, then W them away. If they walk up for some CS like a canon minion, then just W them away.

I say Alistar Top can't really play against ranged match-ups. Against melee match-ups with some exception, he's pretty much a huge annoyance.

I remember Krepo mentioning in the EU LCS Analyst Desk that Alistar Top is becoming a thing, though no one picked it yet.

Because his damage was gutted two years ago so current meta tops will eat you for breakfast and you're one lane swap away from being irrelevant.

He's probably decent enough for solo Q thanks to Thunderlords, I guess?

I dunno bro, I was in this one game with Alistar mid who rekt us all, well he had damage coming out the ass. Our mid lane felt like killing himself lol, dude did a billion damage after a full combo.

Edit: Been itching to say this all day since I was flying, I can confirm that buff to Khazix did him wonders. Also, very glad to see that it's not league of thunderlords anymore.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Tried the new and slightly improved Khazix. His early game is still terrible but his late game is still bombastic. Sadly he's not good enough for me to want to play again.

Tried the new and slightly improved Khazix. His early game is still terrible but his late game is still bombastic. Sadly he's not good enough for me to want to play again.

When Preseason had just rolled in, I had tried him and my first clear was abysmal, I think this was a couple games, but I dunno, recently whenever I played him, my first and second clears all ended with 3/4 of my health bar. Btw, new Death's Dance is worth.

The biggest thing that killed Alistar top was the removal of W-Auto, which allowed him to proc Spellblade and repel the enemy at the same time. Not sure how he's supposed to be better this season. Maybe Thunderlord procs his passive? No idea.

Another game, another 40 minute throw. Zyra jungle has an even better clear than karma, but is super fragile early tanks. Being camped by an aggressive regard didn't do me any favors either. Will do again for sure. Now onto the true test of my jungling skill: ryze

I'm thinking about putting Iceborn Gauntlet's on Trist sometime in Mid to Late game.

I mean, I often times don't know what to buy late game after I have my Boots-IE-RFC-BT. The mana seems unimportant the way I play Trist and I'm not sure if I even need more CDR but the armor sounds nice and the slow can help charge up my E when people try to run away.

That or Seeker's Armguard/ Zeke's Harbinger.

Most builds list of def items for her don't appeal to me.

I'm thinking about putting Iceborn Gauntlet's on Trist sometime in Mid to Late game.

I mean, I often times don't know what to buy late game after I have my Boots-IE-RFC-BT. The mana seems unimportant the way I play Trist and I'm not sure if I even need more CDR but the armor sounds nice and the slow can help charge up my E when people try to run away.

Raw armor on ADCs is meaningless and as for the slow that's what your W slow is for so you're basically wasting 2700 gold. Same goes for Zeke's, the passive is the only thing you want from it so just ask your support to get one instead.

Balthuk

If you want something defensive and get caught maybe try GA/Mercurial Scimitar. Plus build some armor pen with Lord Dominik's Regards.

kenbo

If you want tankiness as an ADC get steraks gage

Seriously, it protects you against around 900 damage worth of burst and gives you a decent amount of ad too

Newt

Steraks is good but usually QSS is better. But yeah if it's something like Talon and QSS doesn't matter go steraks.

Nekofrog

Banned
UrAXmkO.jpg

riot pls

ghost died because of that

it ulted me to zed in base

Tizoc

Consider the following
A defensive item like spirit massage or banshee
Wit's end so her passive deals extra damage to her target
Guinsoo
Youmuu

Edit: steram sounds good now that i think about it

Moonlight

Banned
Why am I seeing so much Cho'Gath in bot support? Is there something I'm missing here, because he doesn't strike me as a support character.

pigeon

Banned
Why am I seeing so much Cho'Gath in bot support? Is there something I'm missing here, because he doesn't strike me as a support character.

Cho'Gath has insanely good CC in teamfights and Feast is 1) a bunch of free health 2) an objective control tool 3) a big fat true damage attack. So a tank who is pretty good at killing other tanks, very appropriate for this meta.

Also, there's nothing worse than finally getting that solo kill on your top laner and stealing that 12 minute turret only to realize that your bot lane is already 0-4 and your mid lane 0-2 while you were doing all of that. I feel like Leblanc should not get dumped on that hard by Heimerdinger.

Raw armor on ADCs is meaningless and as for the slow that's what your W slow is for so you're basically wasting 2700 gold. Same goes for Zeke's, the passive is the only thing you want from it so just ask your support to get one instead.

If you want something defensive and get caught maybe try GA/Mercurial Scimitar. Plus build some armor pen with Lord Dominik's Regards.

If you want tankiness as an ADC get steraks gage

Seriously, it protects you against around 900 damage worth of burst and gives you a decent amount of ad too

Steraks is good but usually QSS is better. But yeah if it's something like Talon and QSS doesn't matter go steraks.

Yep. Sterak's on ADCs vs. burst champions is becoming more frequent.

Consider the following
A defensive item like spirit massage or banshee
Wit's end so her passive deals extra damage to her target
Guinsoo
Youmuu

Edit: steram sounds good now that i think about it
Thank you all for the feed back, updated my item list. Tried using it earlier today but I didn't get a chance cause the match was over by level 13.

That the thing about playing Trist for me ... either the match ends before I can get my full build or it goes so far south I can't even get to the point where I can buy BT before we eat it. Very rarely do things get to "end game" where everyone is 17-18. Might be because I go after towers and structures over partaking in team fights ... feel like I should change that. I mean, I look at the graph and I'm doing the most "Damage" by a good bit but I'm doing very lil to champs.

Gonna try Ashe out because I wanna learn more about her and be more flexible with my ADC picks. Might try Vaiyn if she's not replaced tmr.

FYI - League has a bug if you play in full screen mode that crashes the game.

If you are using an adapter of some sort, noted more with USB to HDMI than others, the game will crash if the game is full screen.

This has been reported to Riot but no fix is currently planned. Play in windowed mode to get around this.

garath

So I'm digging the new champ select. On average it seems like it goes much quicker as long as everyone does their bans. The preselect champ and the preselect roles makes it go smoothly. Half the time the person just locks their preselect champ and it all continues.

Normals have more dodges than ever though. What the hell. Also I'm not even sure what was up with it but I had jungle primary and bot secondary and through 5 dodges I was marksman every single time.

Now either marksman is by far the least popular role ever now or the system has a little "smart pick" logic. I was duoing with Achtius and he was support primary so maybe the system assumed we would like duo bot. Maybe.

I think if I'm solo I'll just do jungle/mid. That should get me jungle every time.

Speaking of marksman. Have the offensive tree mastery changes made any difference or is it still league of thunderlords? I tried the fervor one on lucian and wasnt a huge fan. The opposing jinx did the crit heal one and was getting little heal bursts all the time. At least that one seems decent.

Lot easier to dodge when you know what kind of stupid shit your team wants to pick. As for ADCs being scarce, no one under plat wants to play bot lane

Fervor is good again and totes viable on ADCs, Warlords I dunno, it being weaker for most of the game doesn't sound worth it at all.

garath

Lot easier to dodge when you know what kind of stupid shit your team wants to pick. As for ADCs being scarce, no one under plat wants to play bot lane

Fervor is good again and totes viable on ADCs, Warlords not so much

Everyone is going to be fighting for it once Jhin comes out at least.

Hard

Banned
Banning that shit immediately once that drops in Ranked.

Always ban champs the first 2 weeks after release, I always say. It's as much to protect your team from themselves, especially being an immobile ADC like Jhin is.

garath

Banning that shit immediately once that drops in Ranked.

Always ban champs the first 2 weeks after release, I always say. It's as much to protect your team from themselves, especially being an immobile ADC like Jhin is.

I can't wait for him. My bread and butter has largely been immobile adcs. From what I've seen of jhin on the pbe he's right up my alley.

But yeah, he's going to be banned like crazy and I'll never get to play him with the new queue and no team builder.

Everyone is going to be fighting for it once Jhin comes out at least.
Yeah, for like 3 days until they figure out immobile ADCs are hard to play.

It's times like this that I'll miss Team Builder, not even gonna bother buying Jhin because I won't be playing him anytime soon since everything is draft and I'd rather uninstall than play blnd pick by myself

garath

Yeah, for like 3 days until they figure out immobile ADCs are hard to play.

It's times like this that I'll miss Team Builder, not even gonna bother buying Jhin because I won't be playing him anytime soon since everything is draft and I'd rather uninstall than play blnd pick by myself

Yeah. I'm going to sorely missed teambuilder for jhin release. You're right. Almost no point in buying him the first couple weeks.

I've tried blind pick for new champs here and there and it's chaos. People typing instantly to "call" roles then raging at each other because the chat looks like a different order on their screen. One game I had a team completely troll me for that. Taking my jungle camps, walking away from ganks and such because they were punishing me for sitting on a jungle champ when someone else called it first.

Yeah im becoming a diana main this season. She so good, once you hit six you just start snowballing so hard. After you get nashors you take towers so quick because of her passive and the buff that ap does more damage to towers.
The two games i lost where because my internet was being weird and i as getting a crazy high ping, the second was because there top laner snowballed super hard.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah im becoming a diana main this season. She so good, once you hit six you just start snowballing so hard. After you get nashors you take towers so quick because of her passive and the buff that ap does more damage to towers.

The two games i lost where because my internet was being weird and i as getting a crazy high ping, the second was because there top laner snowballed super hard.

i was just about to say

played my first game on diana as jg today and actually had fun as a jungler, with blue buff you can just keep bursting and bursting enemy champs down in seconds, it was great

garath

I'm going to give her another shot midlane. She was responsible for all my elo back in season 3? The seasons blend together in my head.

She seems to be back in a small way with the new meta.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been playing a few Corki games lately - I never see anyone build magic pen outside of sorc shoes, but every game a good 60-70% of my dmg is magic. I want to try void staff or liandry's as a late game item but I dunno if it's any good. In theory, that pen combined with my magic crits should be insane.

Top Bottom