• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Talents

Banned
Guys, what are they doing to teambuilder in NA. I'm in EUW and I get the ranked change but are they actually changing how teambuilder works in normals too? I love the normal teambuilder as I love getting to pick the role and champ I want instantly so I'm hoping they aren't changing normal teambuilder to the ranked version.

Newt

Guys, what are they doing to teambuilder in NA. I'm in EUW and I get the ranked change but are they actually changing how teambuilder works in normals too? I love the normal teambuilder as I love getting to pick the role and champ I want instantly so I'm hoping they aren't changing normal teambuilder to the ranked version.
Way faster than team builder.

Talents

Banned
Way faster than team builder.

I get that but is there at least a way to only pick 1 role in the normal version of teambuilder? I used to wait like 30-40 minutes get certain mid lane champs but I never cared because I enjoyed playing those champs. I don't care for having to wait maybe 3 or 4 games just to finally get mid lane, and then someone probably dodging, only to get the secondary role again.

garath

I get that but is there at least a way to only pick 1 role in the normal version of teambuilder? I used to wait like 30-40 minutes get certain mid lane champs but I never cared because I enjoyed playing those champs. I don't care for having to wait maybe 3 or 4 games just to finally get mid lane, and then someone probably dodging, only to get the secondary role again.

Nope. Teambuilder as you know it is gone.

The new queue has mandatory two role choice. It is far quicker than draft used to be but you will still get put in your secondary role on occasion.

Talents

Banned
Nope. Teambuilder as you know it is gone.

The new queue has mandatory two role choice. It is far quicker than draft used to be but you will still get put in your secondary role on occasion.

I'm pretty sure I'll get my secondary role most of the time since I only really like mid lane :/

Newt

Yeah, the way to get your role is put you role primary and then put mid secondary. Basically good for everyone other than mid players :).

If you play botlane it's like a dream come true.

garath

I'm pretty sure I'll get my secondary role most of the time since I only really like mid lane :/

Probably put jungle or top as your secondary role if you want any hopes of mid. Bot is a wasteland, devoid of any significant populace desiring to land there.

patchday

I seem to do my best work in bot lane (that's what got me to Silver) but I'm starting to think of botlane as boring and grindy. As support, all you do is stare at your adc and the enemy team during early game.

I dont have a ready solution to that beyond adding more gamemodes for casuals like myself that get tired of wasting 10 mins or whatever during early game. But they dont give a shit bout adding new fun game modes. You can just tell- even Mastery system ignores every mode except Summoner's Rift.

So when I get in the mood for rift I play. When I'm not- I play something else.

Newt

I seem to do my best work in bot lane (that's what got me to Silver) but I'm starting to think of botlane as boring and grindy. As support, all you do is stare at your adc and the enemy team during early game.

I dont have a ready solution to that beyond adding more gamemodes for casuals like myself that get tired of wasting 10 mins or whatever during early game. But they dont give a shit bout adding new fun game modes. You can just tell- even Mastery system ignores every mode except Summoner's Rift.

So when I get in the mood for rift I play. When I'm not- I play something else.
That's only true for silver level support play.

Support is the second most proactive role in the game. Stop playing every support as if you're playing Soraka and the fun will come.

pigeon

Banned

Gotta have presence! Challenge them for every CS. Watching Aphromoo's stream gave me a whole new appreciation for the "just walk up to them and auto" strategy of melee harassment.

Basically, your goal in bot lane every game is to poke the enemy team down to half health, get a big wave, push them under turret, get a jungle gank and three-man dive them for a double kill. Then get another kill on the runback, take the turret, then start trolling and lose the game for no reason because your ADC keeps trying to fight 1v3. Again, Aphromoo's stream.

Newt

Excuses. If support role was so fun it would be waayyyy more popular
You're probably posting in the wrong thread lmao.

Anyways, ADC and Supp are only really fun if your lane partner is decent. Supp also seems much more popular the higher elo you go. Back when ranked draft pick was around Ghost would have to fight for that shit. More than even I would have to fight for ADC.

Support isn't popular in lower ELOs because most supports think like you, then they're forced to play support and play as you describe, then others think that's how support is played, and so on.

It's a vicious cycle of ignorance. Most LoLGaffers are support players for a reason. They are also the highest ranking people around here. You can shit on an entire team as a support by your lonesome.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dynamic queue supps are so much better than the ones I had in the old ranked draft. Feels good to get actual support players. Makes such a difference both in lane and teamfighting.

patchday

I bet in high MMR queues they still find supports are scare. From low mmr to high- in Team builder you used to have to wait a long time for support

I bet in high MMR queues they still find supports are scare. From low mmr to high- in Team builder you used to have to wait a long time for support
no lol pretty much everyone in plat+ has dedicated support mains in their lobbies. often too many which means i get stuck playing fucking mid.

patchday

Support isn't popular in lower ELOs because most supports think like you, then they're forced to play support and play as you describe, then others think that's how support is played, and so on.

It's a vicious cycle of ignorance. Most LoLGaffers are support players for a reason. They are also the highest ranking people around here. You can shit on an entire team as a support by your lonesome.

As always, you're way off base. I -was- a support main. I know to ward, kill the enemy, etc.

Don't make this about me.

Quonny

people who are support mains are terrible people trying to balance their lives by being helpful in a videogame

fact

From low mmr to high- in Team builder you used to have to wait a long time for support

During the entire lifespan of Team Builder, my average wait time to get a team as support must have been 6 seconds. If I was stuck waiting, it was usually because I was put in a team where we were still waiting for a top laner or jungler.

Excuses. If support role was so fun it would be waayyyy more popular

I don't know about you but having fun is winning and I'd be surprised if the ELO spread of this thread doesn't heavily favour supports.
Pretty much. The only support I actually find fun is Bard. All the rest are just pretty boring.
I don't understand how being a troll-tier utility champ, one-shot champ or tank-all-the-fun out of the enemy champ is any different to the other roles in the game? The best thing about support is it's usually too late until the enemy team realises their 'at least Leo/Nami/Zyra support' got the kill and how much you actually bring to the game at all stages, not just 10 minutes either side.

Newt

I don't know about you but having fun is winning and I'd be surprised if the ELO spread of this thread doesn't heavily favour supports.
I would like to see this. Maybe people could like state their roles, the highest division they've got and then we could like put that shit in excel and see how the spread works out.

no lie smurfing in silver taught me that having a garbo support in low elo is meaningless while having a garbo support high elo costs u games 100% of the time

garath

Won't let me edit on mobile.

Gold 2 jungle

Small sample size for me though. I rarely play more than 50 games ranked per season lol. I just normal draft and get annoyed at the inconsistent games like a baddie.

patchday

I just get tired of reading elitist posts

"Oh you think that way because of your ELO"

90% of that time that argument is an excuse. I watch LoL streamers all the time and I see the same complaints and they have super high ELO

---

My point is if you have an intelligent come back then make it. Don't discount someone's opinion and hide behind your elo. Sorry I work a full time job and raise children. I dont have all day long to grind rank

faridmon

Its just that I have been using the popular Riot Channel, and while the Chinese LCK and The Korean ones are on there, it was missing EU and NA.

But cheers dudes!

90% of that time that argument is an excuse. I watch LoL streamers all the time and I see the same complaints and they have super high ELO

---

My point is if you have an intelligent come back then make it. Don't discount someone's opinion and hide behind your elo. Sorry I work a full time job and raise children. I dont have all day long to grind rank

As someone who is in a low ELO, The ones who makes stupid decsions normally are the ones who are on a higher ELO, so don't worry about ELO and just play and try to have fun however you like. I just play pretty much Sona and thats that!

And trust me, there are some good supps out there who are Bronze and Silver. At least in EU. The dumbest players are normally the ones who fight over mid, especially Yasou's.

Leezard

---

People who think supporting is just standing passive do not know how the support role actually works.

Not knowing this is typical of lower elos, but that does not matter here. What matters is that it is a misunderstanding, and we can help you get past that by telling you that's not how the support role actually works.

Elitist how though? It's very much a consciousness of the game at lower-levels that you can't do shit as support.
No one is hiding behind ELO. I gave you personal opinion on why I thought the mantra (heh) being pushed was wrong in addition to correlation between different tears on EUW and presence (and effectiveness) of supports. The data is there for you to check yourself.

pigeon

Banned
My point is if you have an intelligent come back then make it. Don't discount someone's opinion and hide behind your elo.

I mean, I feel your pain as a low ELO player myself, but, like, the conversation actually went:

You: Supports don't do anything in lane.
LOLGAF: Yes they do, they have to do all kinds of stuff in lane.
You: So why don't people like playing support?
LOLGAF: Because they bad.

So, like, I'm not suggesting that you're bad, but if you're constantly being proactive and creating lane presence then why do you start by saying you just stand around in lane doing nothing? No wonder people got confused.

Top Bottom