• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I love League of Legends that an enemy trundle added me to insult me :')

I fucked up an engage on bot lane level 2 (Poppy Support) and what ended up happening was that Trundle TP'd, so I had to bust out summoners. But Trundle greeded and stuck around, I E, Q'd him and my Caitlyn got first blood.

We snowballed after that and our Azir got a pentakill. Trundle blamed Sivir when really, it was Trundle's fault that Sivir lost lane because of that first blood.

Then he called me a retard and said to 'fuck my mum', then spout stuff in another language.

I LOVE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS SO MUCH.

Nekofrog

Banned
Dead man's is one of my favorite item additions in recent league memory. Right out of the gate it was a fantastic item that could use nerfs but didn't absolutely require them, and post nerfs is still great. One of leagues healthiest additions to the game.

I find it funny that several of them appear to be old as hell and look nothing like his current model.

Nothing beats Commando Garen's splash, though. His face always cracks me up whenever somebody picks him.
It's so stupid how those Brand and Yi splashes were updated a couple of months ago when there are far more urgent ones that need doing like Trundle's or Sion's. It's not that some of them are bad, it's just they're not exactly representative of the product being sold. I wish That there was some sort of little button you could hover over on each skin's store page to get a quick look at it and its animations.

Is anyone else struggling to get top lane as their role in this new queue? Over the past two days, 90% of the time I select top lane, I keep getting thrown into a game as my secondary pick. I realized I never played the new Fiora, and now I gotta deal with this new draft mode making it to where I cant spam her easily...

Team Builder, get back here.

Hard

Banned
Is anyone else struggling to get top lane as their role in this new queue? Over the past two days, 90% of the time I select top lane, I keep getting thrown into a game as my secondary pick. I realized I never played the new Fiora, and now I gotta deal with this new draft mode making it to where I cant spam her easily...

Team Builder, get back here.

Yep. I've gotten my secondary like 3 games in a row. I picked Mid as my secondary just to keep this from happening, and I still get mid.

Dynamic Queue for Ranked, Team Builder for Normals.

Tizoc

Dead man's is one of my favorite item additions in recent league memory. Right out of the gate it was a fantastic item that could use nerfs but didn't absolutely require them, and post nerfs is still great. One of leagues healthiest additions to the game.
I rather agree it has been my go to armor with tanks lately

JulianImp

It's so stupid how those Brand and Yi splashes were updated a couple of months ago when there are far more urgent ones that need doing like Trundle's or Sion's. It's not that some of them are bad, it's just they're not exactly representative of the product being sold. I wish That there was some sort of little button you could hover over on each skin's store page to get a quick look at it and its animations.

I'd be okay with even just getting the character's model rotating automatically like a turntable render while it does random animations like in Smash Bros 64, or even just having the champion's idle animation would be okay. But like 90% of things in the game, it looks like the best (read: only) way to look it up is through external sources.

For example I used to think koi Nami was only a minor texture change, but once I noticed she had little carps added to all her abilities I actually warmed up to the skin and decided to buy it. On the other hand and while there were several legacy skins that I sort of liked during the winter event, I was put off of buying any of them since they'd cost the same as koi nami (or even more) and only consisted of minor texture and model swaps.

I'd be okay with even just getting the character's model rotating automatically like a turntable render while it does random animations like in Smash Bros 64, or even just having the champion's idle animation would be okay.

This is so weird I was going to say the exact same thing in my post but didn't!! The Smash 64 thing is exactly what I was thinking of, showing a 360 of the character doing random animations or just the idle. Great minds and all that.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm not sure anything makes you feel dumber than letting Poppy's ultimate charge for a second and accidentally saving your opponent when you meant to just seal their fate with the knock-up.

Tried Poppy Support twice.

First time was a lil awkward but we got through it. 2nd time was with a Jinx and it went GREAT ... for our lane in the beginning. I even got first blood on their Gangplank support. But the enemy team had Jax and Samurai fucking Jack on their team and of course they got fed and started janking everywhere, becoming unstoppable.

I like Tanking support, I feel like I'm actively DOING something other than trying to keep what could be a dumbass alive.

This is so weird I was going to say the exact same thing in my post but didn't!! The Smash 64 thing is exactly what I was thinking of, showing a 360 of the character doing random animations or just the idle. Great minds and all that.

Agreed.

I always have to youtube a skin to see what it looks like because they do visual updates and the art doesn't reflect shit a lot of the time.

Seeing the model in the store as well as the special features/ animations (if there are any) would make so much sense.

Newt

Lol, 4 man queue is dumb haha.
c32a7ed31b4e16422a2e840410e35f37.png
And got Plat on my smurf.

Tried Poppy Support twice.

First time was a lil awkward but we got through it. 2nd time was with a Jinx and it went GREAT ... for our lane in the beginning. I even got first blood on their Gangplank support. But the enemy team had Jax and Samurai fucking Jack on their team and of course they got fed and started janking everywhere, becoming unstoppable.

I like Tanking support, I feel like I'm actively DOING something other than trying to keep what could be a dumbass alive.

What do you run on her in terms of masteries and runes? I just reused the rune page and masteries I typically run for Bard (0/18/12 Thunderlords and AD Marks, Armour Quints, Health Yellows and MR per level blues) for Poppy. Works really well, plus it gives her some burst.

Moonlight

Banned
Lux is craaaazy. So good at being obnoxious in her lane with that slow field + bomb and her stasis. Had an amazing headstart in CS because I just put the fear into Ahri every time I got close enough to set up a bomb and kept her from farming that well while collecting a ton of gold at the same timel. Final Spark is also nuts, since by lateish mid-game I basically got another every thirty seconds, though I scored a lot more kills with it early, to be fair. Sniping people on the run with it is awesome, though.

What do you run on her in terms of masteries and runes? I just reused the rune page and masteries I typically run for Bard (0/18/12 Thunderlords and AD Marks, Armour Quints, Health Yellows and MR per level blues) for Poppy. Works really well, plus it gives her some burst.

Same, but I'm only level 20 so I can only do so much.

EDIT- GOD DAMN I just had a string of losses! o_O

I don't like pointing fingers or anything but fuck ... it wasn't me. I mean wow ... a Morgana sup who doesn't do shit when th enemy sneaks up on me and gets first blood at level 1. Then she tries diving them as if she's a tank instead of hugging the tower. Then she whines about it.

Had 2 games where the enemy JG was prema bot janking us and no one did anything. Like wow ... wtf? My latest one was that, I'm playing Poppy support and it's all good. We're against a Jinx and Nami. I go HAM at level 2, slam Jinx into a wall and bam, first blood for me AND I get Nami to half health. Everything's gravy. Jinx comes back and she get's put down to half health. Shaco or who ever comes in for the JG jank and I'm dead. ADC Graves is like prema low health but never backs .. so he gets offed when I'm not there. I get back there and the Clown janks again, tower diving and killing himself to kill me. This repeats on and on and our "JG" (the Notalus or w/e guy. The other blinzcrank) doesn't do shit when we beg for help. He finally does but it's too lil too late and now we're in a cycle where we can't group fight because they pop off someone before the rest get there, getting away with just a tiny bit of health. Tell them we need to be grouped because they are grouping up on us ... everyone stays in their lane to farm as this group of 4 just zerg each lane and kill us.

Been the story of my night. Play either Poppy or Trist and the enemy team or MY team does everything possible to cut us down at the knees.
Hell, had one where I was supposed to be support. So everything is good, I run to bot lane to help with the leash (I HATE doing this as I can just feel that the enemy team will get to level 2 before us when ever I have to do that. That and I know they're warding our bush ... THAT'S OUR BUSH!). The mid Lux tells me to go mid and face the Kat. I go along with it for the betterment of keeping the peace plus I was in a good mood and I know Kat has a weak early laning phase but wtf? I already have my support item and everything, I didn't build for a 1v1. And Poppy's whole THING is slaming people up against a wall ... Mid lane is NOT the best place for that. At level 2 I alllllmost get first blood on the Kat but I didn't have the def needed and she snowballs right over me and then the game.

I feel like Jg, much like fucking SUPPORT, is gonna be one of those roles I learn purely because I can't trust other people enough to do them for me.

Imma buy the Dragon Lady with my IP and try her tmr. It was just over all a bad luck day on the solo/ New Team finder :/

nbraun80

I don't like pointing fingers or anything but fuck ... it wasn't me. I mean wow ... a Morgana sup who doesn't do shit when th enemy sneaks up on me and gets first blood at level 1. Then she tries diving them as if she's a tank instead of hugging the tower. Then she whines about it.

Had 2 games where the enemy JG was prema bot janking us and no one did anything. Like wow ... wtf? My latest one was that, I'm playing Poppy support and it's all good. We're against a Jinx and Nami. I go HAM at level 2, slam Jinx into a wall and bam, first blood for me AND I get Nami to half health. Everything's gravy. Jinx comes back and she get's put down to half health. Shaco or who ever comes in for the JG jank and I'm dead. ADC Graves is like prema low health but never backs .. so he gets offed when I'm not there. I get back there and the Clown janks again, tower diving and killing himself to kill me. This repeats on and on and our "JG" (the Notalus or w/e guy. The other blinzcrank) doesn't do shit when we beg for help. He finally does but it's too lil too late and now we're in a cycle where we can't group fight because they pop off someone before the rest get there, getting away with just a tiny bit of health. Tell them we need to be grouped because they are grouping up on us ... everyone stays in their lane to farm as this group of 4 just zerg each lane and kill us.

Been the story of my night. Play either Poppy or Trist and the enemy team or MY team does everything possible to cut us down at the knees.
Hell, had one where I was supposed to be support. So everything is good, I run to bot lane to help with the leash (I HATE doing this as I can just feel that the enemy team will get to level 2 before us when ever I have to do that. That and I know they're warding our bush ... THAT'S OUR BUSH!). The mid Lux tells me to go mid and face the Kat. I go along with it for the betterment of keeping the peace plus I was in a good mood and I know Kat has a weak early laning phase but wtf? I already have my support item and everything, I didn't build for a 1v1. And Poppy's whole THING is slaming people up against a wall ... Mid lane is NOT the best place for that. At level 2 I alllllmost get first blood on the Kat but I didn't have the def needed and she snowballs right over me and then the game.

I feel like Jg, much like fucking SUPPORT, is gonna be one of those roles I learn purely because I can't trust other people enough to do them for me.

Imma buy the Dragon Lady with my IP and try her tmr. It was just over all a bad luck day on the solo/ New Team finder :/
firstly, Ganks, not Janks. lol Have you jungled before? I don't know if Shyvanna is the best for your first time doing it, her clear is fine but her ganks are crap pre-6. Pre-level 30 picked junglers with good cc or early ganks often wins games because of the stuff you mentioned happening to you, they gank a lane, get a kill and help snowball. Good ones I think to try are Vi, Gragas, J4, Zac, Pantheon, rek sai.

On another note, I now have at least lvl 1 mastery in all champs, and 8 wins away from 1k normal wins.

I finally stop playing terrible this weekend, i just started spamming Diana and she is good right now. Once you get 6 you can just start destroying, and roaming is very easily.

JulianImp

You've got to remember that some champions are better at early ganks while others only get rolling once they hit level six. Shaco is a prime example of an early ganking jungler, which is exactly why you've got to play carefully right from the start when he's in the enemy team, unlike some of the slower junglers such as Warwick, Master Yi and Amumu. Another friendly tip for stopping Shaco and any of those annoying champions that can become invisible in their tracks is to keep a pink ward on you and drop it anywhere as soon as they turn invisible; the strategy does take up an item slot and ends up placing your pink in weird places, but it's a very good way to save your team from surprise kills or to cut down the enemy's escape route in a pinch.

While I'm kind of indifferent with changing positions if a teammate instalocks or asks for a swap, I'm never going to swap lanes after the game has begun and I've bought my items. Even then, I'd never even humor the thought of swapping mid with a Lux if I've a champion that clearly doesn't synergize well with that lane.

I'd also suggest that you try out Nautilus as a tanky support sometime, since its abilities are a bit more varied and can be used in different situations rather than Blitzcrank and its ridiculously linear QERW ability strings. Ulting people and watching them panic and getting their teammates caught up on the shockwaves as well is priceless, but I guess that shouldn't happen at all against better opponents.

Balthuk

Tried out bard for a couple of games. Seemed very interesting, a whole lot of things to keep track of. Thinking of getting him instead of Lucian which was my previous pick.
And I'm back on my losing streak.

After reading a series of posts in r/summonerschool, I am determined to make what will probably be a series of bad decisions jungling today. I intend to find the viability of:

Zyra
Morgana

I already play twisted fate and karthus pretty frequently already, but I am open to any "off-meta(read:troll)jungle suggestions.

After reading a series of posts in r/summonerschool, I am determined to make what will probably be a series of bad decisions jungling today. I intend to find the viability of:

Zyra
Morgana

I already play twisted fate and karthus pretty frequently already, but I am open to any "off-meta(read:troll)jungle suggestions.
Oh god. Tell us how it goes.
If i jungling against any of those i would invade so hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm pretty sure karma, zyra and morg jungle are pretty legit, probably even more with new runeglaive

ryze probably not

try viktor, cmon!

pigeon

Banned
There was an amazing Syndra jungle in one of Dyrus's streamed games. The funniest part was that the better the Syndra did (she was on his team) the more disgusted he became with the whole game. Like, how can you get crushed by Syndra jungle?

Welp, just tried karma jungle. Overall not that bad, but our thresh threw a the 45 minute mark. Fairly well clear, and okish ganks. WOuld probably try again in the future.

Onto Zyra.

drawkcaB

If you can get past first clear Zyra jungle is actually quite good. That first clear though, good god it's rough with a hard leash.

EDIT: I take that back. With the new monster agro system in place it's actually easy. Slow, but easy...hmmm, I think I just found a new AP jungler.

EDIT 2: Holy shit this actually feels great. I need to start playing again and get a feel for jungling again then bring out jungle Zyra.

EDIT 3: Drive-by clearing camps by putting down two plants and sprouting them with Q is funny as shit.

If the lane already started, there's really nothing a support Morgana can do except exhaust. They all start with W.
I'm sure she can at least stay by the tower instead of throwing herself at them like a melee fighter.

firstly, Ganks, not Janks. lol Have you jungled before? I don't know if Shyvanna is the best for your first time doing it, her clear is fine but her ganks are crap pre-6. Pre-level 30 picked junglers with good cc or early ganks often wins games because of the stuff you mentioned happening to you, they gank a lane, get a kill and help snowball. Good ones I think to try are Vi, Gragas, J4, Zac, Pantheon, rek sai.

On another note, I now have at least lvl 1 mastery in all champs, and 8 wins away from 1k normal wins.

Oh, my terms are still messed up. I figured it was "janking" as in "jumping" (slang for using a number advantage to surprise your enemy and start a fight that's in your favor)

I want Vi but I have just enough for Shyvanna, not enough for Vi. If I keep this up it's gonna be a struggle to get the lp needed for Vi :/

You've got to remember that some champions are better at early ganks while others only get rolling once they hit level six. Shaco is a prime example of an early ganking jungler, which is exactly why you've got to play carefully right from the start when he's in the enemy team, unlike some of the slower junglers such as Warwick, Master Yi and Amumu. Another friendly tip for stopping Shaco and any of those annoying champions that can become invisible in their tracks is to keep a pink ward on you and drop it anywhere as soon as they turn invisible; the strategy does take up an item slot and ends up placing your pink in weird places, but it's a very good way to save your team from surprise kills or to cut down the enemy's escape route in a pinch.

While I'm kind of indifferent with changing positions if a teammate instalocks or asks for a swap, I'm never going to swap lanes after the game has begun and I've bought my items. Even then, I'd never even humor the thought of swapping mid with a Lux if I've a champion that clearly doesn't synergize well with that lane.

I'd also suggest that you try out Nautilus as a tanky support sometime, since its abilities are a bit more varied and can be used in different situations rather than Blitzcrank and its ridiculously linear QERW ability strings. Ulting people and watching them panic and getting their teammates caught up on the shockwaves as well is priceless, but I guess that shouldn't happen at all against better opponents.
Live and learn.

Not letting that shit happen again >_>

If you can get past first clear Zyra jungle is actually quite good. That first clear though, good god it's rough with a hard leash.

Seen it. I've seen people clear one side with all three pots used. Back and then clear the other side and back again. Once you get the plants though, pretty amazing.

Last game I played with a devourer vi. I'm not going to blame her for our loss, bot and mid lost an awful lot, I am going to blame her for not helping things with her choices.

Devourer on vi doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Vi is all about the combo. Not the sustain dmg. The only time I've seen it work was with a god like vi that then went almost full tank and got in 10 mins. Also vi is a great jungler early and mid. Going devouer makes no sense to me as your cutting your power in the hopes for a spike in late that won't help very much.

Second thing Vi did wrong. Vi kept ganking the wrong lanes and from the wrong positions. Vi ganked mid and bot a lot. Bot was losing though, They kept opening themselves up to ganks. Playing too aggressive without vision. VI kept comin via mid lane. She opened herself up to repeated counter ganks. In mid she had more success, but she kept going from the bot river side. Their nid was able to not just counter gank but also counter jungle. She was also trying to gank for a yasuo who only once landed his Q. Meanwhile I'm sitting top with one of the best ults in the game, just waiting for a gank so I can all in this Ekko who had pushed to my tower for the first 15 mins of the game.

Fourth she never gave a kill to anyone. Don't get me wrong. In solo q you have to carry. Take all the kills you need, but don't flash for it.

Fith and final. Map awareness. Not just her, the whole team. I pinged and chatted and pinged some more. My whole team just ignored it.

Sigh...I know this is a rant and I know perfectly well, there are a few things I could have done better. Used my tp more aggressively, roamed mid, started with a ruby crystal -> cinder hulk, so I could have an easier time against Ekko. Not one person is to blame for a game's loss, but in writing this I realised why, I enjoy jungling so much and why the jungler gets so much blame.

In a game where most of you team are 1v1ing. Either dealing with counters, or bad lane partners, the impact of a jungler is not something to under appreciated. The sheer presence of one on the minimap could change the whole team strategy. These days I am tempted to say a jungler is the most impactful role on the team. Not the strongest, or the most supporting, but definatley the most impactful.

Just set the client to repair mode.

Little late for a response but I tried this, and pretty much everything else I can think of, and I still cant get the game to run. Still hit with the same lolclient.exe error thing. Super annoying. Thought I'd give it a few days since I was away for a wedding but sadly got the same message trying now. Sad face

Top Bottom