• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

20 Mastery Pagees on PBE.

I hope it's not some RP pack thing; I need money for Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 (and TTT2 and DOA5).

Ken

I wish they added an optional way to tie your champions with masteries and runes, so you can skip doing it manually every match if you want. I keep forgetting which masteries pages I have...

Except you can have multiple mastery pages for the same champion to help against certain matchups.

zkylon

zkylewd
Except you can have multiple mastery pages for the same champion to help against certain matchups.
Not saying you shouldn't be able to change it in champion selection, just that it sets itself up automatically, maybe saving the last rune/masteries/spells combination you used with that champ or something.

I also wish you could easily show other players what champions you own, and maybe be able to favorite them so you can easily get a grasp of what roles the other players can fill in draft pick (I don't think people could grief harder than they do now with it anyways).

I'm full with ideas!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What do you guys build on Jayce?

Triforce? BT? I have no idea.
Phage first, then pick up the rest of the Triforce. Guardian Angel, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Randuin's stuff like that. Some kind of defensive boots situationally based on enemy team comp.

scy

If you're doing well in lane, I like Brutalizer before starting the Triforce. But, otherwise, it's basically a Triforce/GA/BT/LW build.

dimb

If you're doing well in lane, I like Brutalizer before starting the Triforce. But, otherwise, it's basically a Triforce/GA/BT/LW build.
Brutalizer builds into nothing that Jayce wants, so you're only setting yourself back with it.

scy

Brutalizer builds into nothing that Jayce wants, so you're only setting yourself back with it.

It's a cheap source of AD, CDR, and ArPen to keep the lane yours. It's not a terrible item for what it does, especially if you're already ahead. This is in reference to being able to skip the early 2x Doran's for a Brutalizer, not for Doran's -> Brutalizer -> Triforce. Just quoting my own experience with him as well as what some of the 2k+ elo players run off early leads with him.

Though, I really do wish there were better AD CDR options besides Youmuu/Brutalizer. It's a really good stat for many ADs like Jayce.

dimb

It's a cheap source of AD, CDR, and ArPen to keep the lane yours. It's not a terrible item for what it does, especially if you're already ahead. This is in reference to being able to skip the early 2x Doran's for a Brutalizer, not for Doran's -> Brutalizer -> Triforce. Just quoting my own experience with him as well as what some of the 2k+ elo players run off early leads with him.

Though, I really do wish there were better AD CDR options besides Youmuu/Brutalizer. It's a really good stat for many ADs like Jayce.
I just largely see it as a gold sink that sets you back. I don't build CDR or find a high demand for it on Jayce. Instead of a Brutalizer you're probably better off buying two Doran's Blades.

scy

I just largely see it as a gold sink that sets you back. I don't build CDR or find a high demand for it on Jayce. Instead of a Brutalizer you're probably better off buying two Doran's Blades.

Generally speaking, you'll Phage->TF anyway so it's not really a big deal. Maybe use your advantage to get a HoG or something instead.

AcridMeat

Banned
|OT3| Crs Cop: Soda cop
ibuzJRAicZ1dhM.gif

Inskipp

So many streams to be watching oh god.

Wait, best of 1?
I'm actually not sure, I retuned in just as the game started.

So far the early game fights have been really entertaining. Lots of back and forth.

E: Also, epic drake- steal by Jayce.

They don't seem to like IE. Ez had TF, LW and BT. Vayne was going for BT and 2 PDs. Some pretty good moves by Vayne, like the triple kill on the bottom tower defense, plus the tumble dodge against Blitz pull.

Thailand vs Philippines up next.

dimb

They don't seem to like IE. Ez had TF, LW and BT. Vayne was going for BT and 2 PDs. Some pretty good moves by Vayne, like the triple kill on the bottom tower defense, plus the tumble dodge against Blitz pull.

Thailand vs Philippines up next.
Seems like a normal Ez build.

Blizzard

Banned
eve301x9y.png

I think that was the most fun ranked game I have played, just because of how funny everything happened. So first I got a lobby where everyone seemed to be either trolling or acting like a troll hoping for a dodge (someone dodged). Vlad jungle, the person was like "dunno never tried it before" "don't worry I'm good", and at least two other AP carries after I'd already picked AP mid as the first pick ("I just turned level 30 and clicked by accident" or whatever).

Then the next lobby it started looking normal with first pick Caitlyn, but then Sion and Alistar were like we're duo bot lane, and disaster was imminent. But then they promptly got first blood with Lee Sin, got another kill right after that with the jungler, Graves got completely shut down, and it went from there. (don't ask me why support Warwick, either) Twisted Fate kept killing with his ult (I died stupidly early on after getting ganked by Maokai), but Moakai and Twisted Fate weren't enough to save them.

End boring story, right? At any rate the thing that made it really fun/entertaining was the attitudes of everyone. I don't think Caitlyn ever typed anything, but did okay top -- didn't rage in chat, most importantly, after being forced top, and eventually took the turret. Alistar and Sion were constantly being sort of funny in chat, saying everything in silly abbreviations "den we kill dem" etc., even the Graves who was losing was kind of making fun of himself "are you TSM" and "I hut everyone" right after missing our entire team with his ult.

And our team was having weird synergy moments. Like the two bot laners working with the jungler, or at one point during a fight in the bottom jungle...Caitlyn was there. And ulted someone to kill or help kill. When does top ever come to bot enemy jungle like that?

So I got back to bronze and got win of the day and had fun. Very rare factors so it made me happy.

Arthrus

Just getting into this game now. Any recommended champions for a beginner to try out?

So far, I've had a lot of fun with Caitlyn and especially Teemo. They tend to keep a safe distance with some defensive attacks (easier for newbies like myself, but I want to try other play styles).

dimb

Just getting into this game now. Any recommended champions for a beginner to try out?

So far, I've had a lot of fun with Caitlyn and especially Teemo. They tend to keep a safe distance with some defensive attacks (easier for newbies like myself, but I want to try other play styles).
Annie, Ryze, and Sivir if you're looking for cheap ranged champs. Jax and Alistar if you're looking for something melee based. Just keep trying out free week champions for the most part.

That was a fun match to watch. Philippines lead by kills/gold, but Thailand lead with the push. Lots of back and forth. The GAs really spelled a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom