• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

NSESN

Tier 1- LZ, SKT, RNG
Tier 2- WE, TSM, IMT, C9, SSG, MSF
Tier 3- G2, AHQ
Tier 4- GAM, EDG, FB, FW
Tier 5- FNC

Fnatic look the worst.
FNC almost won against IMT tho.
Yeah, I agree with this. FB have played well considering their opponents.

FB is the worst, no other team would be able to lose that game against SSG. 2 barons and no inhibitor against a team with no tanks is a joke. FNC is close tho.

faridmon

]
FB is the worst, no other team would be able to lose that game against SSG. 2 barons and no inhibitor against a team with no tanks is a joke. FNC is close tho.

Nope, its SSG from LCK. Most teams would have either lost long time ago, considering their early aggressive team comp, or just faltered at the end ala Fnatic against Immortals.

FB showed their lack of experience that hindered them to end the game.

But considering its their first worlds (also keep in mind that the team is 1 year old) its been absolutely great to see them go toe to toe with a giant like SSG

NSESN

Nope, its SSG from LCK. Most teams would have either lost long time ago, considering their early aggressive team comp, or just faltered at the end ala Fnatic against Immortals.

FB showed their lack of experience that hindered them to end the game.

But considering its their first worlds (also keep in mind that the team is 1 year old) its been absolutely great to see them go toe to toe with a giant like SSG

SSG with Haru tho. They are a different beast with Ambition.

SSG are WAY stronger with Ambition than with Haru. It's clear that the time want to move on to Haru (maybe because Ambition wants to retire or move into a coaching role) but whenever they've swapped him in this summer they've seen a drastic drop in performance. It's what led to them getting blasted by SKT in playoffs and almost knocked out of the gauntlet by Afreeca.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think one of the most disappointing aspects of the TSM vs. MSF game was actually the way Hauntzer played. You see a Shen with no Titanic Hydra providing more pressure in the game than Renekton and it just sets off tons of question marks.

There were a couple of times when he tried to collapse on Misfits mid lane unit but couldn't find an opening and had to call it off. He should have realised once his bot lane started losing and Shen had left lane multiple times he needed to take risks and make something happen before they lost all control of the sidelanes. That could've been either splitting more aggressively or looking for collapses. Definitely think a more naturally aggressive player would've done more in that situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
loved reserved RNG

hope they get a lucky seeding at the elimination bracket, i want to see them in the finals

Sol Mori

Group D is going to ruin my pick ems, well that and EDG completely going 0-3.

This week and it looks like really good odds for two NA teams (C9 & IMT) to make it out of groups. TSM looks shaky with Sven being a liability and too passive and liftlift only looking good on Trist. Honestly with how Sven is playing this meta is perfect for him... if he was playing an ardent censor support. Besides their match vs SKT C9 has played well and should have a lock on 2nd. IMT is the luckiest of the three NA teams in that they landed in the weakest group with GAM not being great in standard and FNC collapsing (internal issues).

For EU it looks like MSF is their greatest hope due to the aforementioned collapse of FNC and G2 being in the group of death. FNC have the dubious honor of being perfect gamed with a dancing rift herald in the 3rd quickest game of any Worlds. LZ with Nasus was a perfect pick in the meta of LoL and the meme meta. G2 are now 1-2 and have an extremely tough road ahead of them if they want to make it out. If G2 win all three games next week and RNG beats SSG again then they make it out, but dropping a single game; especially against SSG, would be fatal. Group D can actually end in a three way tie if week 2 is a repeat of week 1, but MSF shouldn't roll over and die to WE next time.

For the other reigions:

• The LPL curse once again is in effect with Uzi doing Uzi things and Clearlove not doing so great.
  • The LMS is 1-5 with the FW falling off a cliff and AHQ getting a comeback win vs a struggling EDG.
  • GAM decided to play a standard meta game against IMT with a small caveat; no flash on support Lulu. Even with Olleh gifting them first blood and 4 blown flashes on his team GAM didn't gain much off of it. Also; don't give over lover's duo in draft, wtf GAM.
  • FB with the heartbreak loss vs SSG. Frozen got Jensened and SSG were able to end off of a single late game team fight.
  • Finally the LCK; SSG & SKT looking shaky and LZ staking the claim to be the best team in the world. LZ is having some of the quickest games here with their wins being 30m (IMT), 23m (GAM), 20m (FNC).

faridmon

Yeah you are right, The commentators were all saying that SSG were looking very lost with Ambition during the LCK summer split, but even with Haru, they should have dispatched teams like 1907 easily. I remain admant on the fact that Fanerbeche did very well considering the status of their opponent.

https://roadtolarissa.com/worlds-group-2017/

Neat tool on Reddit that shows advancement requirements.

Things are looking good for NA, could have 3 teams advance. That said they have been a combined 6-3 in the previous three years as well and have faltered in the second week each time. The 2015 0-10 second week still scars me to this day.

Group A plays today. So IMT has a chance to clinch in the first two games if they win against GAM and LZ beats FNC.

NSESN

IMT is the only one I would say is guaranteed. Even if they play badly their competition beyond LZ is way weaker.
C9 has good chances in paper but their adversaries are much tougher. AHQ loves to pull upsets, and EDG is paying at home so even if they are eliminated early I can see them trying hard to score a win.
TSM needs to beat WE. Losing to WE they miss a potential head-to-head win. Basically a repeat from last year.

FNC is done, nothing to say here. They needed to win that game against IMT.
G2 have more chances than it would appear. They are good enough to beat a disappointing SSG and Zven is one of the few botlanes I can see beating UZI. They just need Trick to play well for 2 games straight an then collect a free win against FNB.
MSF is a good job, basically all I said about TSM applies to them, just trade WE for TSM themselves.

Sol Mori

https://roadtolarissa.com/worlds-group-2017/

Neat tool on Reddit that shows advancement requirements.

Things are looking good for NA, could have 3 teams advance. That said they have been a combined 6-3 in the previous three years as well and have faltered in the second week each time. The 2015 0-10 second week still scars me to this day.

Group A plays today. So IMT has a chance to clinch in the first two games if they win against GAM and LZ beats FNC.

Group B, Group A is the last to play. It goes B, C, D, A, probably because B has no LPL teams in it.

Also a reminder that the games start three hours earlier this week due to the chance of tiebreakers.

remember show starts 3 hours earlier tonight, so only half an hour until the start of week 2

Yup, I'll actually stay up and watch at least the first Cloud 9 game. I'll have to catch the VODs of the other games in the morning if I can or sneak highlights at work.

zkylon

zkylewd
in a tournament where everyone plays almost the same and that is slow, safe, scaling for half the game, gam is such a fun team to watch

hopefully they'll inspire the rest of the teams

Laieon

I haven't followed League since 2014, but the fact that Fnatic has gone from a team that actually won a world championship to this is sad.

Leezard

man Soaz needs to leave league for awhile, how you 0/0/0 this late in the game

Soaz hasn't played well this Worlds, but there's not really anything wrong with him this game (yet). He has done his job in team fights, he just hasn't gotten any assists off of it. Fnatic won dragon + baron partially thanks to him earlier.

Top Bottom