• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: PlayStation 5 scheduled to be released in October 2020

bitbydeath

Update: Was an error.

Release date leaked in a job listing.

Job content
■ We will handle the trial purchasing of PlayStation hardware products. Domestic
Selects the best supplier from overseas parts partners and specifies hardware parts
Coordinating the capacity of adjustment and production with the design department and the quality assurance department,
We will make PlayStation 5 scheduled to be released in October 2020. Also, from development to mass production
Responsible for cost reduction based on cost analysis and process verification / improvement in line process
I will. [Charm] Aiming for stable supply and improvement of quality of new PlayStation
, Maximize the creativity of game developers,
Users around the world can enjoy by accelerating the creation of new gaming experiences
.. This is a very important position for us.

Last edited:
Wish we stopped with these rumor topics over and over and over. We have a dedicated topic for rumors.

bitbydeath

Wish we stopped with these rumor topics over and over and over. We have a dedicated topic for rumors.

This is more leak than rumour, I only applied the tag because it hasn’t come straight from Sonys mouth.

Also big information like this deserves its own thread.

Last edited:

FranXico

I agree. Let's discuss this at the relevant thread.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
200.gif

oldergamer

I don't think that is official. No hiring manager or HR department is going to know when playstation 5 will ship before Sony announces it officially.

Also if Sony was going to release a console this year, it would need to be before thanksgiving as its the biggest shopping day of the year. So A release in october makes sense and would be a good educated guess if that is what it is.

Jayjayhd34

Technically i could on any job listing site advertise for development of XXX. It would weird way trolling though i cant understand you possibly find this.

bitbydeath

Technically i could on any job listing site advertise for development of XXX. It would weird way trolling though i cant understand you possibly find this.

I would have thought you’d need to be part of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. to use their business as the advertiser. Unless you’re suggesting their account was hacked?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
if this is true sony is in full fucking panic mode.
like sega was with their idiotic saturn launch

I would have thought you’d need to be part of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. to use their business as the advertiser. Unless you’re suggesting their account was hacked?
From other site credit of marsipan:

On the Easy Allies podcast, Daniel Bloodworth talked about the press release / press email that Codemasters had sent out. In the mail it said that Dirt 5 will have its Next gen release on PS5 in October. I believe it was this weeks podcast where this was stated.

They all thought it was a mistake or a PR miss, but joked about the fact that it COULD be the PS5 launch

U can add it to op if u want

This is more leak than rumour, I only applied the tag because it hasn’t come straight from Sonys mouth.

Also big information like this deserves its own thread.

It's not official, we don't know if its the truth so how do you know it's big? we've had "big leaks" before. New topics should be for official stuff regarding this specific discussion. We had enough of these over the last months.

Spukc

and why the hell would you put this in a job listing :pie_roffles:

Hmm, how so? What's wrong with an October release?

why don't release TLOU2 as a launch game then? Like nintendo did with botw.
They are launching it sooner on ps4. This makes no sense. Too early to let people double dip like red dead redemption 2.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Now that's weird............ don't want this to be true cant wait that long

edit what dumb fuck iam thought it was revel event

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

and why the hell would you put this in a job listing :pie_roffles:

They are launching it sooner on ps4. This makes no sense. Too early to let people double dip like red dead redemption 2.

Would not make difference if upgrades free there will be shit storm if Sony charge for an upgrade

Well it would be a launch game for the platform?
It's not only about getting new customers on ps5, you also want to keep the ps4 folks happy so they don't make the "wrong" decision once they are willing to invest into a new platform. Especially when you're already limited in production for ps5.

Don't know, doesn't seem desperate or chaotic to me at all.

Spukc

Ps5 will be sold out regardless and ps4 is pure profit for sony and ps5 is pure loss . Why would they not promote the pure making profit machine first and make some profit ?
People with a ps4 that want it will wait anyway. I honestly think this was Sony's plan originally. But due to the "LEAKS" it fucked that plan and forced them to release. I can't imagine any other reason for them to do this with TLOU2 anyway.

Jayjayhd34

I think that'site potentially a scam or something just went navigate it and i came up with load iTunes crap deffo not my PC I've not had virus since i was kid I'm mega careful

People with a ps4 that want it will wait anyway. I honestly think this was Sony's plan originally. But due to the "LEAKS" it fucked that plan and forced them to release. I can't imagine any other reason for them to do this with TLOU2 anyway.
Last of us 2 had release date of Feb 19 2020 . It definitely was not sony plan to release ot with ps5 release .

Jayjayhd34

You cant change two release dates less 24 hours.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
OCTOBER!?

Are you fucking kidding me? Pump the brakes on this shit, can't you see Sony is screaming in panic mode right now, about to hit their head in concrete full frontal!

Light up the fucking Kotaku-signal and tell them to don their capes and write a hitpiece on how Sony is a bunch of wankers who overworks their staff just to meet this deadline from hell.

I mean, what kind of world do we live in when we get two AAA-titles and a brand new next gen console in the span of a couple of months? Sony is probably dead from the inside out, whipped to little pieces of brimstones by Satan himself. Is there no justice anymore?

Last edited:
Top Bottom