• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Harry Potter game in development

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i need more Harry Potter games. i just bought some old ones recently for my PS2. i have the ps1 version of Philosopher's Stone, PS2 version of Philosopher's Stone, PS2 chamber of secrets, and Quidditch World Cup. those were my favourites although i have never played the PS2 version of PS.

the two games i would love:

1. a game that has a fully explorable Hogwarts, grounds, lake, forest, hogsmeade. it wouldn't be as big as something like say Witcher 3 or Skyrim with multiple towns but each area was just fleshed out and had insane scale. imagine being able to dive below the lake, get lost in the forest, visit hogsmeade village, wander around the grounds (visit Hagrid, Play quidditch, etc) and of course explore Hogwarts which would only be limited by the power of the engine and technology available. there are so many floors, rooms, dungeons inside it. some rooms would only appear at certain times, with certain skills, or when using the correct spell. it could feel more like a huge city nevermind just a building.

it would also be an RPG. you create your characters appearance/background, arrive at hogwarts and get sorted into a house. each year would have its own story (like the books) and each year got more difficult and you could focus on certain classes.

2. a dedicated esports game based on Quidditch. obviously it wouldn't go down the route of something FIFA which is an annual title but you could create your own team to play offline and do tournaments/worldcup or you could go only. it could be played casually or competitive.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I have seen this word before but it has now lost all its meaning...

PL9yT0o.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
I feel like that theres alot of possibilites for HP game deliver a good experience, where that putrit and disgusting mobile game failed miserabily. Here are some points:
- The fact that you can choose your house(duh), and that can affect your entire game progress
- Giving a better perspective to non Gryphindor houses.
- Take aspects of the HP houses to the game. Like, being a part of Slytherin gives you a hard time because the perception of people is that you guys are "evil". It doesn't mean you are though
- Choose part of story places tp happen and take advantage of it. Like taking place in a time before Triwizard cup wasn't banned or maybe being the last one before it was banned
- Point competition between houses
- Maybe a chance to make it like a RPG with battles? Take use of the spells to advance through areas you couldn't
- Big place to explore around Hogwarts. It doesn't mean it has to be an openworld. The game is rich in places
- Chance to create meaniful characters from other houses

Most of those points are taken from the mobile though. But the game is so terrible and so terribly made that it was a waste of ideas.

You know what? I'm feeling this atm. I'm really up for a bit of torchlit sandstone corridors with wooden furniture and magical creatures spread throughout, some good music, some of that warmth from childhood... And some cool steampunky aesthetic, and some more quidditch... Yep, I'm enthusiastic about this idea~

Kadve

Hogwarts mystery was pretty popular from what i've understood. So scaling it up to a full blown MMO kinda makes sense.

Would be great if done correctly, but i feel there are only a handful of developers who could elevate this to AAA status and they are all under playstation studios.

Top Bottom