• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Marketing Agreement for RE8 Forces Parity and Blocks the Game From GamePass

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
A74F95B4B21572CEBDC65E8083BF0F4513E7A95D

How the hell did you manage to get all of this out of my post?

You must have misquoted someone. I literally said Microsoft have done the same thing.

You weren't around when Microsoft made all these deals, and everyone hated Microsoft for it? Microsoft were the bad guys for buying the industry.

Also "you people". Everyone who's against shit Sony does like this is somehow pro GP and pro Microsoft. Even if you call out Microsoft.

StarWars-RevengeoftheSith-10.jpg

Calling out
A74F95B4B21572CEBDC65E8083BF0F4513E7A95D

How the hell did you manage to get all of this out of my post?

You must have misquoted someone. I literally said Microsoft have done the same thing.

You weren't around when Microsoft made all these deals, and everyone hated Microsoft for it? Microsoft were the bad guys for buying the industry.

Also "you people". Everyone who's against shit Sony does like this is somehow pro GP and pro Microsoft. Even if you call out Microsoft.

StarWars-RevengeoftheSith-10.jpg

Calling out both companies somehow makes you a GP shill. Not surprised.

Well with GP, i think MS is doing it even more then ever right now. It’s not like MS is not doing this anymore.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
If true I guess this confirms that XSX is stronger? That deal, lmao!
If this was true, why aren't other marketing deals similar?

Both modes run at 4K CB. Do you think somehow the Xbox Series X can run at Native 4K but Sony forced MS to have the game run at 4K CB?

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
The one where Gamepass is scaring them, it seems.
You tell me which is scarier the one with game pass or the other with record breaking sales? So scary in fact that Nintendo is twiddling their thumbs in the corner counting their money while watching in the sidelines.

Sheesh.

Look, I know gamepass is great for some of you but it’s not the always the reason and the answer for everything that’s happening in the industry.

Last edited:

silent head

“[Occasionally], the level of parity in the game needs to be identical, therefore you reduce quality to ensure that everything looks of equal quality,” my source explains. “On The Division, Xbox had a deal with Ubisoft, and part of that deal was to ensure that the PS4 version did not look better than it. The resolution, frame rates, and density of assets could have been higher on PS4, but this was vetoed to prevent issues with Microsoft.”

killatopak

Gold Member
According to Sony: the one with Gamepass.

Otherwise they wouldn't be paying Capcom to stay from it with their "record breaking sales", would they?
This is what you sound like.

HeaoSd5.jpg

it seems every exclusivity for you is in response of someone being scared. Not to mention we don’t even know if it’s real or if it’s what you think is happening not just another normal marketing that had happened hundreds of times in the past.

To give an example, do you think Sony was scared by something when they had exclusive map packs on COD for a year pre gamepass days? You don‘t think it’s just another financial decision to keep the playerbase predominantly Sony centric which Resident Evil is? Maybe a much more recent example would be FF7 Remake?

Fredrik

I personally am not in favor of a game running a higher resolution at the cost of performance.
Me neither but when stuff like this happens every other version won’t get the chance to be the best it could be, going by the document even PC is held back by PS5 here. For 7 years.
I just hope modders will smash up Sony’s party here. This is a super shitty move.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Dusk Golem lied about PlayStation 5 version struggling to run at 1080p 60fps and now he's saying there was parity between Resident Evil 7 on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version?

This is such bullshit considering Xbox One X version was improved in many ways over the PlayStation 4 Pro? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

lol yes

Also, why are we listening to DuskGolem again after he was proven wrong?

Lanrutcon

it seems every exclusivity for you is in response of someone being scared.

Doubtful, but you're making assumptions.

Sony would be real foolish not to be concerned about Gamepass. That's just common sense. And if the leak is real, then Gamepass is certainly on their radar.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
lol yes

Also, why are we listening to DuskGolem again after he was proven wrong?

Last year he said PS5 version will run at a lower res and now he's backing the parity claim.

It's just funny to see how much this guy spreads FUD now lol

The example he put is simply content and feature parity, nothing about technical parity. I don’t think that’s comparable?

killatopak

Gold Member
Doubtful, but you're making assumptions.

Sony would be real foolish not to be concerned about Gamepass. That's just common sense. And if the leak is real, then Gamepass is certainly on their radar.
Of course, I can concede that Gamepass is affecting their business decisions to some extent but it’s not the end all be all. There are multitude of reasons Sony could be making a marketing deal with Capcom but you can’t boil it down to just gamepass alone is what I’m saying.

I dunno just off the top of my head, maybe they think Ratchet is the only first party game they could release this year so they’re racking up multiple marketing deals since Halo Infinite is coming out as well. Maybe Capcom is the one who approached for this marketing deal. Maybe they plan on releasing this on PS Now so they‘re making preparations for it not to come on game pass first.

The fact is there’s only so much we can know about the reasonings a company may have decided on something without speaking to the people who make these decisions or those same people talking about it themselves.

Look, I hate exclusivity deals as much as the rest when games become unobtainable to my console of choice as I’m sure both sides has felt either via Sony buying Insomniac or MS buying Bethesda but this is still at the rumor phase and we have no substantial evidence that this isn’t just standard marketing contract which is why I suggest waiting for the PC and Xbox demo to release on May 1.

We can all complain about it then and you’ll definitely see me complaining with you. Game releases on May 7 or 8 which is a week long enough for refunds especially so on the Xbox and Steam marketplace where they have great refund service unlike PSN.

skit_data

Look at the whole sentence, this is specifically in the context of « software title feature updates post commercial release ». It means you can’t release e.g. a HDR patch on a competing platform and not release it on Xbox.
It also says ”optimize performance and technical capability on Xbox consoles in parity with the Console Game version on the competative platform”.

Funny, didn’t some of the games that had an Xbox marketing deal actually perform worse post-patch on PS5?

For the post release support, not for the game itself - that’s my point.

By the way I’m not saying it doesn’t exist (I’m sure it does), just that the example shown doesn’t work to demonstrate what it tries to demonstrate.

It litterally states "technical capability of Xbox Console versions in parity with the Console Version video game on the Competitive Platform"

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It also says ”optimize performance and technical capability on Xbox consoles in parity with the Console Game version on the competative platform”.

Funny, didn’t some of the games that had an Xbox marketing deal actually perform worse post-patch on PS5?

AC Valhalla says hi.

PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368. PS5 in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series X in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160 and drops in resolution down to 1920x1080 seem to be uncommon.

ZywyPL

Banned
This should end the debate and this thread now.

I think those kind of contracts are more like a gentleman's agreement than something that actually can be brought to court - the games look the same in terms of polygons, textures, visual effects, animations etc., they have the same maximum framerate cap, the same maximum resolution cap, which all technically fulfills the said parity agreement from the devs perspective, but the elephant in the room is the non-regulated, non-controlled minimum values - the framedrops, or the resolution drops if DRS is being used. So on paper both versions are identical, the same 4K, the same 60FPS, RT, DSR and what's not, but in reality when the consoles are not able to maintain the targeted level of performance this is where the differences will inevitably start to surface, which the devs have absolutely no control over how much FPS or resolution a given console will lose in a particular scene/scenario.

ToadMan

MLB on Gamepass was completely out of Sony's hands.

If you believe this leak it proves the opposite.

Either Sony got paid directly by MS for the Gamepass deal or the MLB fronted up enough cash to buy Sony’s limitation off so they could negotiate with MS. Either way, Sony knew exactly where The Show may end up on Xbox.

If you believe this thread that is .... it proves Sony is well aware of Gamepass and didn’t sleep walk into letting The Show go there.

Top Bottom