• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Marketing Agreement for RE8 Forces Parity and Blocks the Game From GamePass

Iced Arcade

Sexy Kisses GIF by Film Riot

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
No, I asked if you're dumb.

I never said it referred to resolution, I made a very specific point of what can be interpreted as technical, go back and read the thread more carefully.
My reply to you was specifically about this subsection not just talking about "content", which is factually doesn't.

No it doesn't, that's why it's defined in a legal document, because if they don't define it it creates a loophole like you are trying to create now.

This is why I asked if you are just dumb.

You tried to argue with no point whatsoever because you clearly weren't paying attention.

ManaByte responded with "feature and technical parity" in a response to Mr Moose who said "no extra DLC and stuff on other platforms".

I replied to him and said, "It's clearly (when talking about technical parity) talking about content". But of course, you had to jump in and say, 'The subsection is literally called "feature, content and technical parity", it's not just about content."

Let me show you where you failed.

I quoted this portion specially.

Publisher will not (i) release the Game or any DLC on any Competitive Platform or PC/Mobile Platform on an exclusive basis, or (ii) offer any additional content or any additional features or benefits to the end users of the Game on any competitive Platform or PC/Mobile Platforms on an exclusive basis'

I never said it just refers to content. Specifically quoted what it was referring to, and I highlighted this part for a reason. What I ALSO said is that additional features and benefits CAN include content, too.

You're arguing just to argue at this point. Fact is, it's not referring to resolution as the ManaByte first implied. Might as well move on because you started arguing with me for some dumb reason.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
suuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

As if Microsoft a trillion dollar company cant stop this from happening (if its true)

That means nothing? The "Features, Content and Technical Parity" section would need to have very clear and concise language that would read something like "No other console can have higher fidelity/visual effects, and if necessary, competing platforms will need to be adjusted as not to cause disparity between the PS5 and competing platforms" or something like that. That's me being an arm-chair-lawyer, but I've read enough contracts to know the content/context of what's being agreed to. Also, that Twitter account? don't make me laugh.

Mr Moose

It says “content, feature and technical parity”. Some people want to ignore the bolded part for some reason.
So where does it say about resolution and fps below that part? It doesn't from what I can see. It mentions features and DLC. PC going to be stuck with console res, fps and settings, can't wait to see it.

[Sigma]

I always thought that kind of parity was the norm when talking these kinds of deals. I don't think it means the XSX won't perform better. I can also see Sony not wanting it on Gamepass as part of the deal day one.

Last edited:
HoegLaw is a YouTube channel that produces videos about legal matters in the video game industry.

I know this. Let me ask you a question, What reasons, would a guy with only 4800 twitter followers, and 35K subscribers on YouTube have for even entertaining FUD like this? There are FAR more credible/reliable/established channels that would of been the more obvious choice to send these leaked documents to.

What has Sony gotten itself into this gen? They’ve been bombarded with negative story after negative story. There’s some people that really have it out for them...jeez! I personally believe the contract to be real but the language used is confusing unless you speak legal jargon. I guess we’ll find out for sure when RE8 releases.

killatopak

Gold Member
There have been PC ports of console games in the past that have had locked frame rates or settings that were “fixed” with a fan patch.
I very much doubt that for RE8.

You know all of this will be answered around May 1 when the PC Demo with XSX demo of the game gets released. It‘s very easy to jump to conclusions when hearing breaking news like this. Calm down and just wait for it to have actual proof.

You tried to argue with no point whatsoever because you clearly weren't paying attention.
Oh I'm paying all the attention.

Mr moose's reply to the entire document/section:
That just says no extra DLC and stuff for other platforms, doesn't it? No one is getting a "better" version with extra DLC shit.

Manabyte correcting by saying:
It says “feature and technical parity“.

You saying this dumb stuff:
Nothing to do with resolution. It's clearly talking about content.

Manabyte correcting you:
In what world does technical parity refer to content?

Me correcting you:
The subsection is literally called "feature, content and technical parity", it's not just about content.

And then you go on to quote section (ii) of the subsection, completely ignoring the full thing that talks about technical parity.
And finally you conjure up your own definitions, even though the legal document defines all things seperately already, which means they aren't the same thing, yet you try to group things together under "content".

Don't ever try to write your own legal documents.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Oh I'm paying all the attention.

Mr moose's reply to the entire document/section:

Manabyte correcting by saying:

You saying this dumb stuff:

Manabyte correcting you:

Me correcting you:

And then you go on to quote section (ii) of the subsection, completely ignoring the full thing that talks about technical parity.
And finally you conjure up your own definitions, even though the legal document defines all things seperately already, which means they aren't the same thing, yet you try to group things together under "content".

Don't ever try to write your own legal documents.

He never corrected me. Technical parity does in fact include CONTENT. That's what the description says. If you have content on PS5, then you need the same parity and no additional content on other platforms.

You're not paying attention. Stop lol

Alex Scott

Hopefully this clears things up.

This is normal.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I think people are making way too many assumptions about "Technical parity" and not taking into consideration "(subject to material platform limitations)". My reading of "subject to material platform limitations" wouldn't prevent more powerful platforms from higher resolutions/framerates etc., but would limit Capcom's ability to make things like controller vibration exclusive to XBox or VR exclusive to PC since Playstation supports those technologies. People are just click-baiting the narrative and everyone is falling for it.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I thought the parity thing was actually kinda normal? (As shitty as it is)
Feature parity probably is, no one wants to get a version with less shit if you're paying for marketing. I don't think this is a Unity case this time, we'll see very soon though.

No but I could believe the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro have forced parity.

It'll run better on the One X.
Or at least should.
It's a last gen game, the mode that should've been capped at 30fps should run better on the One X for sure.

Last edited:

Redlight

He never corrected me. Technical parity does in fact include CONTENT. That's what the description says. If you have content on PS5, then you need the same parity and no additional content on other platforms.

You're not paying attention. Stop lol
Technical parity and content parity are two clear and distinct things.

That said, I don't see anything unexpected in this contract? I imagine it's fairly standard for a marketing agreement.

quest

Not Banned from OT
What has Sony gotten itself into this gen? They’ve been bombarded with negative story after negative story. There’s some people that really have it out for them...jeez! I personally believe the contract to be real but the language used is confusing unless you speak legal jargon. I guess we’ll find out for sure when RE8 releases.

Just like the beginning of last generation when Microsoft was shooting itself in the foot Sony is to. All of the bad press has been self inflicted like closing the ps3-vita store non communication with fans ect. Sony only has Sony to blame. Just like in 2013 Microsoft had only Microsoft to blame.

ethomaz

Banned
I actually hope it's real because if someone spent time fabricating this then god help them.
I believe it real because it is very standard contract and there is nothing unusual like forced parity like some are trying to say.

Unless people really believes the game will have the same resolution/framerate between PC/Mobile/PS5/SeriesXS/PS4/XB1/Switch etc etc if ever released in all these.

The fact there is a “subject to platform limitations” just tell you the game can have different settings in all platforms.

Last edited:
Technical parity does in fact include CONTENT. That's what the description says.
No, it doesn't.
If it did then the subsection only has to be called "Content parity", but it isn't; legal documents don't go out of their way to define things that just mean the same thing.
The text literally says even subject to the material platform capabalities.

Again, never write your own legal documents, you'd just end up crying in court over "but I thought just saying "content" covered everything :messenger_face_screaming:".

Kangx

Actually if you read the whole thread, the lawyer seems to say the same thing as me. Basically, yes this FUD. This is just standard exclusive marketing deal. I have already explained and give games example why sony did not force parity, the same for MS too. Hitman, avanger, marketing deal with Sony, major resolution advantage to the Series x. Dirt 5 and Assasin creed, marketing deal with xbox, performance and resolution advantage for the ps5.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
No, it doesn't.
If it did then the subsection only has to be called "Content parity", but it isn't; legal documents don't go out of their way to define things that just mean the same thing.
The text literally says even subject to the material platform capabalities.

Again, never write your own legal documents, you'd just end up crying in court over "but I thought just saying "content" covered everything :messenger_face_screaming:".
You just don't get it.

No one is saying content and features = technical parity.

It's what can be considered UNDER technical parity. Features can refer to in game features. Content can refer to DLC. These two words does not indicate parity at all. The term "technical parity" can include both since the subject is about maintaining parity between all platforms.

The term "technical parity" can include both since the subject is about maintaining parity between all platforms.
No, it doesn't, that's you ignoring that it's mentioned seperately from features and content, and conjuring up your own definitions.
Legal documents don't define terms that just means one and the same thing; feature parity is one thing, content parity is one thing, and technical parity is one thing, they aren't "considered under" each other they are seperaly defined things.

So:
Technical parity does in fact include CONTENT.
No, it doesn't.

Top Bottom