• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Marketing Agreement for RE8 Forces Parity and Blocks the Game From GamePass

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

EzdQOd9XMAMvJDt

EzdQQD1XEAE6g6O

which part lists forced parity?

Dabaus

Banned
If Sony didn't want Xbox gamers having it they shoulda just bought Capcom or paid more money to keep it off Xbox. Also, we are still supporting developers when we play their game on Game Pass because a deal was made to get their game onto Game Pass. As for Microsoft first party games, they have no issue with everybody who wants to play the games playing them via game pass. It's what they want.
You. Can. Still. Buy. It. Nothing is being kept from you. The reason Sony is able to make these deals at least with Japanese developers is because y’all never bought their games to begin with.

Krizalidx11

Banned
This. No one seems to get this, it's like such simple logic is too much for them to handle.

If people want to blame someone for this, they would be better off blaming Capcom for entering into this agreement, they chose to do this.

Sony didn't force them to do anything.

Technically Sony can muscle Capcom if they want (hopefully they didn't), think of the Capcom movies published by Sony which goes a long way and Capcom could give Sony that privilege because of the overall relations between the 2 companies

Same goes with Square-enix locking 2 major (numbered) FF games on Playstation FF7R/FF16

I'd like to see how this works with the PC version of the game. Will we not be able to use native 4k?
I guess "technical" parity can be interpreted in many different ways, here it could just mean that the pc version can't have things that are -completely- unavailable in the PS5 version.
So you could have more precise particle effects on pc, but not a particle effect that's completely absent on ps5.

*shrug*

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
That just says no extra DLC and stuff for other platforms, doesn't it? No one is getting a "better" version with extra DLC shit.

Wouldn't that fall under the term "content parity" and not "technical parity". They specifically separate the two in that paragraph.

Last edited:

Kangx

Is this real big if true.
This is nothing really. A game is as big as Resident Evil with marketing deal with Sony, and of course Sony would not let this go on game pass date and date or anytime soon. Imagine this or never imagine and take a look at MLB The Show. Sony is a laughing stock for MLB fiasco.

As for technical parity. Read again and pay attention to 'subject to material platform limitations'. This does not constraint Capcom to have the same frame rate and resolution, and it certainly not forbid the better platforms to have better performance.

longdi

Banned
was this signed before or after the dusk golem leak?
seems sony is afraid of not just GPU but also showing weaker hardware too early.

while it is fine in my books to spend the money playing defensive, imma not sure if it is wise thing to fight MS on money hats... 🤷‍♀️

Dabaus

Banned
Technically Sony can muscle Capcom if they want (hopefully they didn't), think of the Capcom movies published by Sony which goes a long way and Capcom could give Sony that privilege because of the overall relations between the 2 companies

Same goes with Square-enix locking 2 major (numbered) FF games on Playstation FF7R/FF16
There was a big sales leak about capcom games and some their financials are public. I’m not exaggerating when I say this, less than 15 percent of their revenue comes from the xbox platform.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It says “feature and technical parity“.
yep. i didnt see this screenshot in your OP. where is this from?
EzdPF4BWEAA4x1A

Pretty crazy if true. I have always said that forced parity is a real thing and it's good to see this in writing.

i wonder if the xbox one x version will be paired back as well despite the 40% advantage. this is going to be fascinating to visit when the DF comparisons release.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
It only mentions DLC stuff and features (which is probably what the technical part is about) below it, or do you think PC will be stuck with PS5 settings?

Wouldn't be surprised in regards to the raytracing features on PC having parity with the PS5 version. When they could offer greater resolution settings for raytraced reflections( the resolution the console version is using are shit just like DMC V) or better more demanding raytraced diffuse lighting.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Wouldn't be surprised in regards to the raytracing features on PC having parity with the PS5 version. When they could offer greater resolution settings for raytraced reflections or better more demanding raytraced diffuse lighting.
The RT is pretty meh on console, I would hope PC has at least higher res RT reflections. Isn't there a demo on PC now (or soon)?

You. Can. Still. Buy. It. Nothing is being kept from you. The reason Sony is able to make these deals at least with Japanese developers is because y’all never bought their games to begin with.

lol I'm not saying anybody is keeping anything from anyone. Chill out. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom