• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Marketing Agreement for RE8 Forces Parity and Blocks the Game From GamePass

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I thought DF said PS5 was already native 4k? Where could MS even improve on anything?

Just not sure this makes a difference. Also, I can guarantee you that many companies have parity in mind when they start development. Think of all the ps2 games that didn't get enhanced on xbox or gamecube.
EA Sports on Xbox ran at 60 fps. PS2 was barely 30.

Kangx

yep. i didnt see this screenshot in your OP. where is this from?
EzdPF4BWEAA4x1A

Pretty crazy if true. I have always said that forced parity is a real thing and it's good to see this in writing.

i wonder if the xbox one x version will be paired back as well despite the 40% advantage. this is going to be fascinating to visit when the DF comparisons release.
Again, people need to read 'subject to material platform limitations'. What it mean in that paragraph is get the ps5 verson as best as possible. It does not limit any platform for having a better performance. Also, if this was the case with Capcom and sony marketing deal, take a look at DMC, it was better on series x.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The subsection is literally called "feature, content and technical parity", it's not just about content.

In what world does technical parity refer to content?

If would help if you guys kept reading.

Publisher will not (i) release the Game or any DLC on any Competitive Platform or PC/Mobile Platform on an exclusive basis, or (ii) offer any additional content or any additional features or benefits to the end users of the Game on any competitive Platform or PC/Mobile Platforms on an exclusive basis'

ManaByte

Again, people need to read 'subject to material platform limitations'. What it mean in that paragraph is get the ps5 verson as best as possible. It does not limit any platform for having a better performance. Also, if this was the case with Capcom and sony marketing deal, take a look at DMC, it was better on series x.
MS had the DMC marketing deal. They revealed it at the MS E3 conf.

Back then there were lead platforms and most of the time that was the PS2. In the age of x86 consoles, PC is the lead platform.
On ps3 and 360 there was parity in some games, forced. Or think of games that are 1080p on both xbox one and ps4. Clearly the ps4 isn't being pushed as hard. Assassins creed 900p for unity and syndicate on both.

Just saying, parity happens. Not defending it, don't want to seem like I am.
EA Sports on Xbox ran at 60 fps. PS2 was barely 30.
Not saying you never saw differences, just a lot of the time you didn't.

Last edited:

Krizalidx11

Banned
What heat? Ps5 is the fastest selling console of all time up until this point. It’s still available on PS4/and Xbox one too. Capcom knows where 80 percent of the sales will come from.

Yeah no wonder Ebay is full of PS5s since scalpers bought all the stock, it's nowhere to be found in Japanese gamers hands in Japan which is why PS5 games/hardware are way down compared to Switch

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No wonder MS bought Bethesda. They just said fuck this and these exclusivity deals Sony pays for. We'll just spend some cash and buy people out so it can be on Xbox and PC, and no Sony money hat will touch games going forward.

The most obvious one I remember is Diablo 3. Activision didn't officially recognize and show videos of Diablo 3 for Xbox until a month before launch. The rest of the years worth of previews were PS only.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
yeah, i dont know what to make of that part. Sony had marketing rights to re2 and re3 and yet xbox versions had better resolutions. famously in the case of re3 since they pushed the resolution too high and couldnt even do 50 fps at native 4k forcing them to bring the resolution down to ps4 pro levels weeks after the game launched.

like i said in the earlier post, if that paragraph means forced parity then the last gen versions will be the same resolution despite the much larger gap in specs between the pro and x1x. not to mention the can of worms it will open up with the pc version if everyone is forced to run the game at 4kcb lol

Mr Moose

On ps3 and 360 there was parity in some games, forced. Or think of games that are 1080p on both xbox one and ps4. Clearly the ps4 isn't being pushed as hard.

Just saying, parity happens.
*Cough Assassin's Creed Unity *cough*
"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff"
This, at least to me, just looks like features/DLC, there won't be any exclusive stuff on other platforms.

Dabaus

Banned
Hard to believe people are leaking contracts for corporations that have an agreement but this is what desperation looks like. Talking about a consoles battery life 15 years from now. Talking about what former director of a game you don’t even like said when he left the studio awhile ago. For people so sure Xbox is the future you sure do seem concerned that Sony is quiet and “complacent.”

If would help if you guys kept reading.
Uhh, no the section is called feature, content and technical parity; the section you are quoting talks about features and content, and the very first section literally talks about maintaining technical parity, subject to the material platform capabilities.
So no, it's not "just about content"

GHG

Well people wanted a fight so what's the problem?

They were lax with their contacts for MLB and this is the opposite.

Reading the responses from certain people here it makes me wonder what they actually want.

Jim Ryan to Xbox fans:

Last edited:
Man, some of you are so dramatic. How do you guys live a normal life like this?!? :messenger_tears_of_joy: The world must be falling apart every few hours. Bethesda games were suppose to come to PS, but they no longer will cause a deal was made. Tough shit for any PS guys who really loved Bethesda. But, you know what... that Series S is a pretty good deal. You're a big fan of RE? Buy it.

Kangx

yeah, i dont know what to make of that part. Sony had marketing rights to re2 and re3 and yet xbox versions had better resolutions. famously in the case of re3 since they pushed the resolution too high and couldnt even do 50 fps at native 4k forcing them to bring the resolution down to ps4 pro levels weeks after the game launched.

like i said in the earlier post, if that paragraph means forced parity then the last gen versions will be the same resolution despite the much larger gap in specs between the pro and x1x. not to mention the can of worms it will open up with the pc version if everyone is forced to run the game at 4kcb lol
And people just forget the bigger fish like Avenger and Hitman. These 2 games have big marketing deal with sony and look how that turn now. This is nothing bugger, I don't believe in force parity deal, either MS or Sony.

Last edited:
*Cough Assassin's Creed Unity *cough*
"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff"
This, at least to me, just looks like features/DLC, there won't be any exclusive stuff on other platforms.
Yep edited the post with Unity as an example. That was a shit show lol.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Uhh, no the section is called feature, content and technical parity; the section you are quoting talks about features and content, and the very first section literally talks about maintaining technical parity, subject to the material platform capabilities.
So no, it's not "just about content"
Uhh, it's the same section under technical parity. Based on your interpretation, The PlayStation 5 version is going to be better than the PC version.

But it's not, right?

This means it's not referring to resolution.

Shi11

Banned
Well people wanted a fight so what's the problem?

They were lax with their contacts for MLB and this is the opposite.

Reading the responses from certain people here it makes me wonder what they actually want.

Jim Ryan to Xbox fans:

Difference between paying for something to get it on your platform and paying to gimp it on another platform. Nice try tho

Last edited:

GHG

Difference between paying for something to get it on your platform and paying for something to gimp it on another platform. Nice try tho

Preventing the game from being on Gamepass as part of a marketing deal is "gimping" now?

Do games taste better because they are on gamepass?

Lanrutcon

Man, if true then I guess we know what Sony's strategy this gen is.

If your horse is struggling, then pay to interfere with the other horses I guess.

Last edited:

Shi11

Banned
Preventing the game from being on Gamepass as part of a marketing deal is "gimping" now?

Do games taste better because they are on gamepass?
I'm referring to the claims that Sony are paying so they cant run it at a higher resolution , not gamepass.

Gamerguy84

Is that a random twitter or some well known enployee? All I know is every one of their tweets is anti playstation, so whoever they are that is the purpose of that account.

Also the parity and res thing doesn't make sense. These consoles aren't that far apart. I've seen Sony have marketing deals and the game end up higher resolution on Xbox one x.

Top Bottom