• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

Raven77

Jul 4, 2012
Looks like Battlefront. Can anyone explain to me what in this gameplay looks different from the first one?

Don't get me wrong, looks good, very beautiful but trying to start keeping my hype in check, burned too many times.

Slixshot

Banned
Jun 21, 2013
Somebody's in trouble lol

It looks like heroes aren't as powerful (thank god). They can still take some hits but they were just unstoppable in the first game. Took me out of the experience.

Shin

Feb 4, 2013
Damn the sound effects are banana's, lighting is amazing and the sabre marks on the pillars is just crazy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009
I hope there is a hero only mode. I wanna have some awesome lightsaber duels.

Bishop89

May 13, 2013
Looks like Battlefront. Can anyone explain to me what in this gameplay looks different from the first one?

Don't get me wrong, looks good, very beautiful but trying to start keeping my hype in check, burned too many times.
The gameplay was fine. It was the lack of variety, customisation and barebones progression system that made it boring

sleepr

Jun 12, 2016
Lisbon, Portugal
Graphically speaking it looks a ton better than the first (at least from what I remember). The hero movements also seem to be more fluid.

Do you need to pre-order to play the beta?

sgs2008

Mar 10, 2013
Graphically speaking it looks a ton better than the first (at least from what I remember). The hero movements also seem to be more fluid.

Doubt it, i think preordering prob gets you 1-2 day head start on the beta.

Raide

Oct 29, 2007
Can't wait to play this on Scorpio
Yuppers!

Lighting looks really good, even from the footage shown. Need to see some more open maps to judge. Also, not a huge fan of Hero modes but I guess that's their thing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009
BAH, the video ends when he would finally start playing as a stormtropper....

Theorry

Dec 4, 2014

You make it sound like that the first one looked bad haha.:D

blakep267

Dec 9, 2013

Sign ywah. It's beautiful but I really really didn't like the actual gameplay of the first one.

Carlius

Banned
May 29, 2014
what am i missing here? i see a terrible quality video and ppl claiming its the best looking game theyve seen. i see frostbite being frostbite and wonky animations. will still buy it but ya...

meppi

May 15, 2005
The graphics are gorgeous but the gameplay looks so damn bland.
Was hoping they would build upon the first game but it seems not.
The first one didn't grab me for this reason, so this one will get a pass as well. Shame.

Nov 30, 2011
Looks amazing but so did Battlefront. Definitely holding off at launch if it's anything like Battlefront 1. That's the one game I've gotten at launch in the past few years and played for maybe a couple hours, admired the audio/visual aspects and had no real desire to play after that. Probably burned out by playing the Beta a bunch and the gameplay feeling pretty bare bones.

Sep 15, 2016
The graphics are gorgeous but the gameplay looks so damn bland.
Was hoping they would build upon the first game but it seems not.
The first one didn't grab me for this reason, so this one will get a pass as well. Shame.
Same boat for me but if I was a huge star wars fan I'd still be excited.

darkinstinct

Jul 24, 2015
Switzerland

You are all crazy. Are you watching this on your cell phone?

This is the first game running on PC.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/star-wars-battlefront-vader-shakes-fist.jpg

And you compare that to a blurry 720p video (actual resolution is far below that) and make statements about graphics improvements? Really? BF2 will look stunning, no doubt about that, but this video is proof of the opposite if anything.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Apr 23, 2010
Looks pretty different to Battlefront 1 actually with all the leaping and different abilities.

Can already see there needs to be punishment for people hanging out in menus waiting to spawn as their precious heroes.