• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked trailer for The Acolyte (Star Wars High Republic series)

Will The Acolyte be...

• Good

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

ManaByte

At least it’s a different time period so it’s not going to be referencing the other films/shows a bunch.

the-high-republic-yoda-temple-attire-89ry23rh-768x994.jpg

(I don’t know if he’s in the show or not)

theclaw135

Banned
O my god, the ride never ends. A relentless bombardment of Star Wars trash getting dunked over you whether you want to or not.

Don't ask questions, just consume product and get ready for the next.

Fuck Star Wars.

What's the problem with this particular show? I figure it'd be interesting to find out what daily life at a Jedi academy is like.

ManaByte

What's the problem with this particular show?

I vaguely remember the same circle of RageTubers who spread the bogus Dial of Destiny plot claiming the series was cancelled and the people behind it fired. But it's done and is probably the next show after Ahsoka as they just pushed back Skeleton Crew and Andor S2 is probably delayed due to the strikes (they were filming when the strikes started).

Puscifer

O my god, the ride never ends. A relentless bombardment of Star Wars trash getting dunked over you whether you want to or not.

Don't ask questions, just consume product and get ready for the next.

Fuck Star Wars.
It's also funny to me they basically invalidated the entire extended universe only to just straight up steal every good idea from it and run it into the ground rather than retooling it to work with the canon going forward. Fuck them, seriously.

FunkMiller

All the same people who thought they’d actually do a good job with Thrawn in Ahsoka will think this is going to be good too.

There are less of those people all the time.

Sybrix

Does everyone know when all these timelines are?

I'm a fan of Star Wars and sometimes i have to think about when these shows are set.

StueyDuck

I vaguely remember the same circle of RageTubers who spread the bogus Dial of Destiny plot claiming the series was cancelled and the people behind it fired. But it's done and is probably the next show after Ahsoka as they just pushed back Skeleton Crew and Andor S2 is probably delayed due to the strikes (they were filming when the strikes started).
I don't watch ragetubers.

But I remember reading the rumors. Might of even been on gaf 🤔 and they were all 100% accurate in the final movie.

There were rumors of a different ending too that got reshot which turned out to be absolutely true as well if you watched the final movie

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks good. I skipped Mando Season 3 and Ahsoka but will be willing to give this a try along with Andor Season 2. I’m mainly interested in seeing new ships and factions, and it looks like this show will deliver. Carrie Anne Moss fits the mentor-type character like a glove. The production values also look properly decent, unlike whatever Obi Wan was.

ManaByte

and they were all 100% accurate in the final movie.
Huh? Indy didn’t die and wasn’t erased from history. Mads wasn’t playing Toht from Raiders, Helena wasn’t Brody’s daughter, and literally none of the movie was set in the 30s with old Indy meeting. Young Indy.

There were rumors of a different ending too that got reshot which turned out to be absolutely true as well if you watched the final movie

That was debunked as well when Karen Allen said she got her script six months before filming began and what she filmed was always the ending in the script.

You fell for a lie spread by a guy who runs a Neo Nazi channel on Bitchute.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
Burning down disney headquarter doesn't sound that simple.
OR just stop consuming it, I haven’t seen a single Fast and Furious movie past Tokyo Drift, they can make 2 billion of those a year and I still wouldn’t care, why do people care so much about what Star Wars thing Disney is making, just don’t consume it

GymWolf

OR just stop consuming it, I haven’t seen a single Fast and Furious movie past Tokyo Drift, they can make 2 billion of those a year and I still wouldn’t care, why do people care so much about what Star Wars thing Disney is making, just don’t consume it
Same.

We care because we used to love the brand before, disney actively ruined it.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Huh? Indy didn’t die and wasn’t erased from history. Mads wasn’t playing Toht from Raiders, Helena wasn’t Brody’s daughter, and literally none of the movie was set in the 30s with old Indy meeting. Young Indy.

That was debunked as well when Karen Allen said she got her script six months before filming began and what she filmed was always the ending in the script.

You fell for a lie spread by a guy who runs a Neo Nazi channel on Bitchute.

Lol you seem to be doing alot of projecting my man. I didn't want to put spoilers in the thread but I read the ending to the movie beat for beat before it released. That's literally why when I saw it I wasn't surprised.

I don't hang on reddit so the link you provided is pointless, that is not the rumors I read before the final movie released. You don't have the mental capacity to understand there may have been more than one rumor?

Secondly I don't care what anyone says, you can see the original script initially had that happening. They make a big deal of pointing out Indys watch earlier in the movie then slap a 2 second missable scene just before the end showing the bad guy put on a watch.

It was obvious that the original script had that ending and then it was reshot and we know the movie had tons of reshoots and was in development turmoil, that's not made up, that is fact you numpty 🤣.

I think you needa lay off the resetera for a bit

Last edited:

ManaByte

Lol you seem to be doing alot of projecting my man. I didn't want to put spoilers in the thread but I read the ending to the movie beat for beat before it released. That's literally why when I saw it I wasn't surprised.

Secondly I don't care what anyone says, you can see the original script initially had that happening. They make a big deal of pointing out Indys watch earlier in the movie then slap a 2 second missable scene just before the end showing the bad guy put on a watch.

It was obvious that the original script had that ending and then it was reshot and we know the movie had tons of reshoots and was in development turmoil, that's not made up, that is fact you numpty 🤣.

I think you needa lay off the resetera for a bit
Absolutely none of the movie is set in the 30s with Young Indy. None of it. The fake plot leak you’re claiming was real says the entire movie was set in the 30s and Young Indy sacrificed himself to erase old Indy from history. So now you’re pretending they reshot the ENTIRE movie to change a fake ending that never existed.

StueyDuck

Absolutely none of the movie is set in the 30s with Young Indy. None of it. The fake plot leak you’re claiming was real says the entire movie was set in the 30s and Young Indy sacrificed himself to erase old Indy from history. So now you’re pretending they reshot the ENTIRE movie to change a fake ending that never existed.
What are you talking about 🤣🤣

I never said that I read any of it takes place in the 30s. Maybe you need to get off your neo nazi sites yourself 🤣🤣

Again, alot of projection coming from you.

ManaByte

What are you talking about 🤣🤣

I never said that I read any of it takes place in the 30s. Maybe you need to get off your neo nazi sites yourself 🤣🤣

Again, alot of projection coming from you.
You’re claiming the fake ending where Indy is erased from history is real. You said so yourself above when you said it was 100% real:
But I remember reading the rumors. Might of even been on gaf 🤔 and they were all 100% accurate in the final movie.

That fake ending relied on the fake plot where Young Indy in the 30s sacrifices himself to save Helena, erasing Old Indy from history. That never happened in the movie as the movie isn’t about Young Indy teaming up with Old Indy. But you above said those fake rumors were 100% accurate.

StueyDuck

You’re claiming the fake ending where Indy is erased from history is real. You said so yourself above when you said it was 100% real:

That fake ending relied on the fake plot where Young Indy in the 30s sacrifices himself to save Helena, erasing Old Indy from history. That never happened in the movie as the movie isn’t about Young Indy teaming up with Old Indy. But you above said those fake rumors were 100% accurate.
I didn't make any claim 🤣 your projection is strong.

There was a rumor (not your nazi friend rumors) that some ending scenes were reshot (and reshoots happened)... that's it. And it's clear originally he was meant to peg it and then they decided to save him instead.

If you were a functioning human who can parse information delivered to you when watching something like a film, you would know they set up indys watch earlier in the movie for it to pay off later, and it didn't. A large emphasis was put on a watch before the final act takes place.

Get over your weird hang ups and actually read what im saying. You are already telling me, the person whose lived my life, that the rumors i read which were entirely the end plot beat for beat, was wrong apparently (i guess i just fortold the future magically in the cinema)

You must be fun at parties 🤣

ManaByte

There was a rumor (not your nazi friend rumors) that some ending scenes were reshot (and reshoots happened)... that's it. And it's clear originally he was meant to peg it and then they decided to save him instead.
Both Karen Allen and Harrison Ford debunked that. She got her script six months before filming ever began and the ending with her and Harrison was always the ending.
I read the script, oh gosh, maybe just it was maybe six months before they were going to start shooting.

Harrison Ford said there was never a version where Indy died.
“I never saw a version that had him die or stay in the past”

If you backpedal any harder you’ll go back in time yourself.

StueyDuck

Both Karen Allen and Harrison Ford debunked that. She got her script six months before filming ever began and the ending with her and Harrison was always the ending.

Harrison Ford said there was never a version where Indy died.

If you backpedal any harder you’ll go back in time yourself.

yes because movie executives/actors never lie

but who cares it was just rumors, you need to grow up pal. this shouldn't be affecting you on such a fundamental level like it is. i mean look you have links and threads and articles and all this just lined up and ready to go. It was a mediocre movie, why you have such a life investment in this is beyond me.

Either way, i read (and it may have even been on here like i said) both the final act with the whole Archimedes angle, and the reshoots, it was open knowledge that the movie had development turmoil and needed to be reshot, one of the those was about the ending and i can see that being true with again a plot line that was set up and was clearly "absent" in the final act of the movie, indy may have just as well been wearing his fathers belt, why bring it up even?

you could argue it was a red herring but the movie definitely didn't play it that way, so either it was a poorly implemented misdirection (which isn't a surprise because it was a pretty average movie) or it was a case of reshoots (which happens in big budget movies, all the time, movies endings change all the time)

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Why are people arguing over a fucking terrible Indiana Jones movie? Whether the rumours were accurate or not (some were, some werent) it still turned out to be garbage.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Why are people arguing over a fucking terrible Indiana Jones movie? Whether the rumours were accurate or not (some were, some werent) it still turned out to be garbage.
People are twisting themselves into pretzels with mental gymnastics to try to claim bullshit spread on YouTube and 4Chan was real despite reality because it gives their views validation. It’s why the internet should be nuked from orbit.

StueyDuck

People are twisting themselves into pretzels with mental gymnastics to try to claim bullshit spread on YouTube and 4Chan was real despite reality because it gives their views validation. It’s why the internet should be nuked from orbit.
go outside, take a breath, interact with human beings.

Xyphie

At least it’s a different time period so it’s not going to be referencing the other films/shows a bunch.

You're kidding yourself if you think we won't see dumb shit like Count Dooku as a padawan and such. These writers can't help themselves.

MayauMiao

Looks like something from Avatar Last Airbender, all kung fu nonsense. No space battles, too much slow strut, of course all female empowerment.

Top Bottom