• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

D4Danger said:
I don't get the title (even after it's been explained)

I would've gone with "The official Left 4 Dead 2 thread of zombies wearing armor? I WANT ARMOR!" but whatever.
I like that one. +1 vote.

edit: LovingSteam wasn't getting suggestions before, I'm sure a lot of you guys can come up with a better one (referring to pistachio bit, not the armor).

Concept17

Anyone know of any videos containing the clowns? I'm not aware of any, but if one exists, i would love to show it to my brother, as hes deathly scared of them.

ThaiGrocer said:
I like that one. +1 vote.
I like that one better as well. The current title was the first one recommended and was catchy. Red, sorry to ask again and will be the last time but would you mind changing the title to the above? Thanks!

Red Scarlet

If you're going to use an in-game quote, there's one that comes to mind instantly..if you guys figure out something that'll stick, then I'll make it that.

Red Scarlet said:
If you're going to use an in-game quote, there's one that comes to mind instantly..if you guys figure out something that'll stick, then I'll make it that.
:lol Am I allowed to vote twice? but may I suggest Left 4 Dead 2 be in the front of the title?

"Left 4 Dead 2 official thread of do you know what suck the heads means?"

JRW

Amir0x said:
No problem, I just found it a little strange that you missed the speed boost aspect of it. That's literally the first thing one notices outside of the "tin" sound and the effect on the visuals; you move like the goddamned Flash or something. And all actions you take, from healing to reviving, are significantly sped up. Today when I was playing on expert, a tank came and one of my friends got downed. My friend JP used Adrenaline on himself and picked him up in seconds with a tank barreling down on him. That's the type of situations it is useful in.

That's a great tip I just recently realised being on adrenaline lets you revive people far quicker than normal.

Sibylus

Banned
Observations about "Versus"

- Hunter can now perform the sidejump ability seen in AI hunters in both games. Makes walljumping and pushing survivors much easier.
- Boomer now can kill himself with fall damage. Been wanting this since release of 1.
- Vomit now stains the ground.
- Boomer can move around at slower speed while vomiting. This is a really nice improvement because no longer are you pinned to the ground and severely prone to melees or vomitless instadeath.

Brainboy

JRW said:
That's a great tip I just recently realised being on adrenaline lets you revive people far quicker than normal.

However, remember that there is a slight delay (definitely a few seconds) between switching to the adrenaline and being able to use it. I assume that this is to prevent survivors being able to just hold on to it as an emergency solution. Those few seconds could mean the difference between life and death when a tank is running at you...

Botolf said:

- Hunter can now perform the sidejump ability seen in AI hunters in both games. Makes walljumping and pushing survivors much easier.
- Boomer now can kill himself with fall damage. Been wanting this since release of 1.
- Boomer can move around at slower speed while vomiting. This is a really nice improvement because no longer are you pinned to the ground and severely prone to melees or vomitless instadeath.

Those are all awesome, especially the Boomer changes.

Sibylus

Banned
http://i33.tinypic.com/1085lxv.jpg

Anybody know what this is exactly?

My random speculation is that it's a dynamic colour correction volume, swelling and shrinking and moving around to swallow up players at random times to tweak the colour palette. It behaves very mechanically, usually expanding or shrinking at the same rate. It moves at the same rate, and when it shrinks down to a small size, it'll suddenly stop all movement for a little while.

Red Scarlet

Botolf said:

My random speculation is that it's a dynamic colour correction volume, swelling and shrinking and moving around to swallow up players at random times to tweak the colour palette. It behaves very mechanically, usually expanding or shrinking at the same rate. It moves at the same rate, and when it shrinks down to a small size, it'll suddenly stop all movement for a little while.

Someone threw a Bile Bomb on Ozma from FF9, that's what it is.

Botolf said:

Sorry to kill the mood, but some of these "changes" actually exist in L4D if you play as an infected in coop mode, most noticeably the first two. The second two may be new, I guess we'll see.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh my god the soundtrack is fucking amazing.

it was the most impressive bit of the demo for me, and that's saying something.

NotWii

Banned
Rez said:
oh my god the soundtrack is fucking amazing.

it was the most impressive bit of the demo for me, and that's saying something.
I like the title, saferoom music and the music that plays when you beat a stage

And the jukebox!

1-D_FTW

RocketDarkness said:
Sorry to kill the mood, but some of these "changes" actually exist in L4D if you play as an infected in coop mode, most noticeably the first two. The second two may be new, I guess we'll see.

Yeah. I was initially excited when I played with the infected plug-in. Then I remembered that falling boomers always exploded when playing campaign in L4D. It's a fun mode to play, but I wouldn't read too much into things.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Finally, I realized the difference between the combat shotty and the auto-shotty. Combat shotties are more spread and have less ammo, but are more powerful, and doesn't have that full reload lag autoshotties have.

1-D_FTW

They also rapid fire all their shots if you hold the button down. Couldn't tell by your post if you'd figured it out. Because they are faster than the regular shotgun when repeatedly pressing buttons... it's just not the way you want to fire them.

Raydeen

Amir0x said:
i'm sure you guys are responsible with their usage. It's always the children who ruin things (*cough* Visulante *cough*) :)

I'm definitely so used to microphone though. My friends conversation always had so much color to the L4D experience. of course, microphone users can be just as annoying... which is why I exclusively play with friends.

People playing music through the microphone. Why? WHY!?

Benny Hill theme or a Rick Roll in Versus as the enemy team is overwhelmed.

Whats not to like?!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1-D_FTW said:
They also rapid fire all their shots if you hold the button down. Couldn't tell by your post if you'd figured it out. Because they are faster than the regular shotgun when repeatedly pressing buttons... it's just not the way you want to fire them.

Yeah they are.

Overall I'd prefer that vs. auto, but can it still cr0wn?

Botolf said:

The Infected come from a Combine portal! It all makes sense now.

Shoogoo

I played some versus on L4D tonight and man I can't wait for the versus in this game. Playing infected is going to be so much diversified. 6 special infected (not counting the tank) instead of just 3, great! I won't have to be a hunter half the time.

Sibylus

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
Aw shucks! I really hope we see that sidejump in Versus, it'd make Hunters even more dangerous.

Sibylus

Banned
xero273 said:
do you have a video of this? I've never seen this before.
It looks identical to the sidejump AI hunters do in 1 and 2 when they take damage. You can use it to easily get up onto roofs and walljump around.

I don't know of any videos that show it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
One week till zombie genocide the sequel, can't wait. Someone needs to get a meet up thread going, I'd like to find some cool 360 doods to play with.

Sibylus

Banned
GhostRidah said:
I love the sound the charger makes
120qhky.jpg

Red Scarlet said:
I made the Benny Hill theme the tank music for Blizzard eons ago, but it's still around. Just rename Tank.wav (and or Taank.wav, the finale Tank song) with this, renamed to Tank.wav (just copy/paste the originals to another folder).

http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/bennytank.wav

LOL Thanks Red. You are now my favorite mod here. I still kick myself that I missed that fishing thread as I have wanted to catch one for o so long lol.

Top Bottom