• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

I'm having an issue when I turn Multi-core rendering on, the game will periodically Hang for 10-20 seconds and loop whatever sound was playing.

When I turn multi-core rendering off I get a little hit to performance, but the issue goes away. Anyone have any ideas why?

Red Scarlet

A lot of people (including myself) outright crash with multicore on..it's pretty much recommended to turn it off.

As for whoever was asking about the clown guys, you can see one in the intro.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
While I'm still annoyed that they should've at least made L4D1 owners have some discount from Steam, I was able to preorder now via the four-package deal.

Speaking of which, will all of us have Bill Hat or only one of us?

Red Scarlet

Ookami-kun said:
While I'm still annoyed that they should've at least made L4D1 owners have some discount from Steam, I was able to preorder now via the four-package deal.

Speaking of which, will all of us have Bill Hat or only one of us?

Do you get a discount for buying other sequels?

Everyone gets the hat that preorders L4D2 and has TF2.

Boss Doggie

It's the four-for-one package though. I thought it only required one person to order.

And yeah, there used to be some deals before, and generally those sequels you are referring to took more than a year. Unless you count those sports games of course, but then you are comparing this to those sports games. :p

Red Scarlet

Ookami-kun said:
It's the four-for-one package though. I thought it only required one person to order.

And yeah, there used to be some deals before, and generally those sequels you are referring to took more than a year. Unless you count those sports games of course, but then you are comparing this to those sports games. :p

No I'm not? I've never bought any sequel to any game and gotten a discount for having an earlier game in the series.

You got the 4 pack? Everyone in the 4 pack gets the bat and bill hat (if they have TF2 too). I got a gift from a 4 pack and have the hat in TF2.

Boss Doggie

It was back then, IIRC. I recall being able to purchase AoM:Titans with a discount when I had AoM, but oh well, maybe on some stores.

Ah, that's good to know.

Red Scarlet

Mutfox said that people that don't preorder still get the baseball bat in-game if they are playing with someone that did preorder..don't know where that was said or if it is true or not
or why he was freaking out about not having the bat if it's true

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Gaaaaaawwwddammit. I told myself I didn't want this, or didn't want it until later. Why do I lie to myself like this? I only hurt myself :(

1-D_FTW

Pookaki said:
I'm having an issue when I turn Multi-core rendering on, the game will periodically Hang for 10-20 seconds and loop whatever sound was playing.

When I turn multi-core rendering off I get a little hit to performance, but the issue goes away. Anyone have any ideas why?

It's already been answered (turn it off), but it's weird. I have your issues. Rarely/never crash, but get long hangs for 10-30 seconds. The frustrating part is this: I had this issue with L4D and it was eventually fixed. Yet the problem returns with L4D2. So I guess the good news is: Maybe they'll eventually implement the cure for you again.

Red Scarlet said:
Mutfox said that people that don't preorder still get the baseball bat in-game if they are playing with someone that did preorder..don't know where that was said or if it is true or not
or why he was freaking out about not having the bat if it's true

That's what they've said. Any one with an unlockable unlocks that item (for that game) for everyone in the game.

Kind of hard to get excited about the US one, though. What is it? An official Louisville Slugger instead of a generic bat? Basically a tiny texture swap if true.

Twig

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Kind of hard to get excited about the US one, though. What is it? An official Louisville Slugger instead of a generic bat? Basically a tiny texture swap if true.
Different regions have different bonuses?

EDIT: For the record I have no problems whatsoever with multicore rendering. X:

1-D_FTW

Maybe not. Google doesn't seem to show anything. I thought Australia was getting the cricket bat and there were other exclusives. I guess I haven't been following closely enough.

deleted

Wasn´t expecting anything for this game, wasn´t informed either.
Then I played the demo earlyer today and what can I say: I´m hooked again!
What suprised me the most is that the game not only looks better than the first but also runs smoother on my laptop. It´s either Win7 or better Multicore support.

Definitely changed the status from "not really interested" to "will buy".

This was most likly stated before but disabling multicore in options really fixed my stuttering issues that I had, weird because I have a quad core.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, I saw the T.V. spot a few times last night during the Fooseball game, what's the deal with the Emperor Palpatine looking guy? It showed him for a moment, he didn't look like your typical zombie, I wonder what he has to do with the story.

Snuggler said:
So, I saw the T.V. spot a few times last night during the Fooseball game, what's the deal with the Emperor Palpatine looking guy? It showed him for a moment, he didn't look like your typical zombie, I wonder what he has to do with the story.

If it's the "...They're going to need more zombies" ad, then I think the one you mean is just a zombie in a hazmat suit.

Snuggler said:

I think that's an uncommon common infected that has a hazard suit.

Edit: Took too long, since I was watching all the commercials and the opening preview.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
OK, you're right. I just watched it again, for some reason I remember the zombie looking different, but that's probably because I was at work watching from a distance.

Carry on, then.

Ookami-kun said:

I still don't understand this mindset of getting discounts for a sequel if you purchased the original. For those who purchased L4D2 as part of the 4-pack did receive a discount, in fact it was about 20% of the pre-purchase price which was already 10% off the retail so in reality you are getting a 30% discount.

GhostRidah said:
This was most likly stated before but disabling multicore in options really fixed my stuttering issues that I had, weird because I have a quad core.

Im using a hd5870 with the i7 920 and i also have stuttering but only when at least one zombie appears, its a very fast suttering but its there and theyre always annoying.
Did you use any specific drivers?

Salmonax

Cosmonaut X said:
If it's the "...They're going to need more zombies" ad, then I think the one you mean is just a zombie in a hazmat suit.
What's the story with that zombie - is it immune to fire?

FireFly

Does anyone else find L4D 2 a lot more appealing than L4D 1? I had fun with the original especially when playing with friends, but it didn't really 'click' for me.

Playing L4D 2 I begin to understand why: the weapons weren't varied or satisfying enough, and the night time setting just made it harder to keep track of what was going on, without being 'scary'.

I love how they're going with more of a crazy action theme for the sequel. In terms of the weapons, music and locales it's definitely a case of being bigger, better and more badass.

Blizzard

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
Why did Valve have to make the hillbilly attractive? Goddammit.

I'll be playing as him :p
That's the same logic that makes people play as Zoey. But what you have to realize is that you won't be SEEING him much if you're playing as him! If you like Zoey, you play as Louis, so I guess in this case you wanna play as the white suit guy. :lol

Blizzard said:
Are you white?

If so, I think we're all agreeing that you're annoying. LIKE ELLIS
unironically agreed

73pgy9.jpg

Blizzard said:
That's the same logic that makes people play as Zoey. But what you have to realize is that you won't be SEEING him much if you're playing as him! If you like Zoey, you play as Louis, so I guess in this case you wanna play as the white suit guy. :lol
Zoey gets healed more often, according to gabe n... but I wonder if Valve has stats to back it up.

I plan to play as Ellis with GayGAF.

Ookami-kun said:
Also, for a PE coach, Coach seems to get tired of climbing. :|

The description said he let himself go after the zombie apocalypse. Watching your loved ones die all around you does that.

ThaiGrocer said:
Zoey gets healed more often, according to gabe n... but I wonder if Valve has stats to back it up.

I plan to play as Ellis with GayGAF.
GayGAF doesn't play games, let alone on the PC or 360 :( I'm assuming you're going to get it on PC...which is good 'cause we'd have a fight on our hands for Ellis :p

Bah...I'm really excited about this game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
think I'll make my first foray into P.C online gaming with this game.

my new computer is too awesome not too. can someone recommend a good entry level gaming headset that doesn't cost 1billion US dollars/more than 50 euros? I eally want to play this with semi decent headphones and voicechat but the removal of choice from console gaming has made me ignorant.

Top Bottom