• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Ha, fuck you Nick. You can't stop me.

Wow, Aang seemed to have turned the White Lotus from a secret society to something much... bigger. They seem to have a significant, unhidden influence.

No one can solve all the problems of the world. Just because a new problem arises after one is solved doesn't mean the Avatar doesn't have an overall positive effect.

But your not taking the spiritual world into account. The Avatar duties is to also to maintain the balance between the world of spirits and the physical world.

In a universe where magic, ghost and "other planes" are just as real as Photons it make since to have some mechanism in place to keep order.

2th

Banned
just finished episode 2... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. It was amazing. The facial expressions are, for lack of a better term, enchanting. They are by far the best and most endearing expressions i have ever seen in animation. They are setting the bar ridiculously high with episodes 1 and 2 so i hope they can keep it up.

Satch

Banned
It was so cool seeing Korra move like Aang.

It made me think of when Aang went with Zuko and Iroh at the beginning of the first season, and when he was trying to escape, he was doing those exact motions to confuse Zuko.

I like Korra more than I like Aang, but I still miss that little knucklehead.

2th

Banned
It was so cool seeing Korra move like Aang.

It made me think of when Aang went with Zuko and Iroh at the beginning of the first season, and when he was trying to escape, he was doing those exact motions to confuse Zuko.

I like Korra more than I like Aang, but I still miss that little knucklehead.

i am with you on this. Korra is definitel better than Aang so far but he was awesome in his own way.

apana

I still don't really see how Korra is better than Aang, infact she kind of got on my nerves this episode. I guess I am more of an airbending type. I thought probending was ok, is
Mako related to Zuko?

Tuck

Perfection. Absolute perfection.
Pro bending is cool. Tenzin and his kids are amazing. Korra is spunky, but not overly so. The brothers are great.
SO GOOD.

New trailer was great as well.

For those requiring proxy:

http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml

Use a Glype proxy - the others won't let the video play.

Uchip

Banned
I still don't really see how Korra is better than Aang, infact she kind of got on my nerves this episode. I guess I am more of an airbending type. I thought probending was ok, is
Mako related to Zuko?

Yeah, aang was the better character so far
the first show already had a lot of girl power vibe to it, this will probably take that to the next level

Uchip

Banned
Perfection. Absolute perfection.
Pro bending is cool. Tenzin and his kids are amazing. Korra is spunky, but not overly so. The brothers are great.
SO GOOD.

New trailer was great as well.

For those requiring proxy:

http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml

Use a Glype proxy - the others won't let the video play.

They still don't work for me
Sucks for all of us non American fans that liked/shared the page to get to watch it
They could have told us in advance instead of getting our hopes up

jasonng

Anyone else noticed that Kitara
's eyes are different colored
?

Edit: Never mind. It's just masterful animation and shading.

Satch

Banned
Mako related to Zuko?

I like her because she's fearless.

I hated how scared Aang was of his power.

Tuck

They still don't work for me
Sucks for all of us non American fans that liked/shared the page to get to watch it
They could have told us in advance instead of getting our hopes up

Use the ninjaproxy Glype one. That will work.

yencid

DOUBLE HOLY FUCK AT GROWN UP AANG

see the first time i watched this i skipped the opening since i had seen it.

rewatching now. Grown up aang

OH MY GOD

apana

DOUBLE HOLY FUCK AT GROWN UP AANG

see the first time i watched this i skipped the opening since i had seen it.

rewatching now. Grown up aang

OH MY GOD

Wait wat, where is grown up Aang? Are you talking about the statue?

That's great. There's a shortage of strong willed girl characters in all media.

It's really more the generic feel to it. I mean toph was strong willed but still charimsatic. I think teenage characters in general tend to be kind of boring.

Awesome second episode!

but....
The evil monster known as Zutara has been resurrected!
My god, what have the creators done?

yencid

Wait wat, where is grown up Aang? Are you talking about the statue?

It's really more the generic feel to it. I mean toph was strong willed but still charimsatic. I think teenage characters in general tend to be kind of boring.

The opening where the avatars from the past and then the current avatar.

Going from Kyoshi, to Roku, to Aang and then to Korra.

I like her because she's fearless.

I hated how scared Aang was of his power.

Aang is pacifist by nature. But he was put into a situation where he had to be a warrior.

Korra is a warrior that is being put into a situation where she's going to have to make peace.

Korra and Aang seem more like opposite sides of the same coin. IMO

2th

Banned
so i did full screen and did a cap of one of the exterior shots. Im just going to go ahead and leave it here.

http://i.imgur.com/2EisC.jpg

Shit looks amazing. I cannot wait for a real 1080p video of this. This is also my new desktop wallpaper. THough i would kill to not have the NICK.COM shit there.

Omg watching episodes 1 + 2 now. <3 korranation.

lol @ the quick exchange between Korra and the earthbending bro.

"I didn't mean to imply"

"Oh you implied it."

Croc

Banned
Just finished both episodes. The world really has a completely different feel to it, though the atmosphere of the show still feels the same. It was interesting seeing cameras and cars and such (I could be wrong but I don't remember either of those in the original).

I thought the first episode was pretty good but I really liked the second episode. Mako really reminds me of Zuko, and Bolin is a really likable character. I hope both of them are around for awhile.

apana

holy fuck at the sneak peek

Yeah I'm very interested in Amon. I feel like a good villain will make the rest of these characters shine as well.

The opening where the avatars from the past and then the current avatar.

Going from Kyoshi, to Roku, to Aang and then to Korra.

Oh yeah. I think a lot of the complaints about Aang being too pacifist or cute will be gone when we get to see a close up of him as an adult doing badass Avatar business. I think that is also part of the reason why people didn't like Aang and Katara. People expect the female lead to end up with a more traditional male lead, but again I think that will be gone as people see him as an older dude doing air bending break dancing. That reminds me, we will have to deal with shipping again this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom