• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO!

My irrational hatred for Mako is based on the fact that he's a Zuko replacement. If he gains his own character traits that separate him and make him interesting then I may come to enjoy his character!!!

Basically my problem with him right now.

The fan art is touching, but do we really know the origins of the brothers? Did they come from the streets? I honestly want to know.

We only know they came from the streets right and it was due to Mako's fighting skill the old man decided to train them in probending and give them shelter.

Mr. Sam

The Last Airbender is the name of a crappy movie. The Legend of Aang is the name of a great TV show I own on DVD - and a name which has symmetry with its sequel series, The Legend of Korra.

marrec

Banned
I don't get how M.Night thought bending was such a slow process.

If it took that long to bend so little bending would not be viable in a fight.

That's why everyone got beat by the Fire Nation, cause at least once they lit stuff on Fire it sped up a bit.

CoolS

I love the comment: "god thats so slooowwww, ' Well done' throwing blob of water at me, WELL I COULD DONE THAT WITH A BUCKET TOO!"

:D

KingK

Avatar of Ice and Fire? I may have to pass on that. I like the fact that Avatar can be a mature show without having to be an adult show if you know what I mean.

I don't think Avatar ever needs to be graphic on the level of ASOIAF, but it would be nice to be able to see deaths on screen and make non-blunted weapons useful. Maybe an Avatar on the level of Cowboy Bebop or Trigun or something in terms of blood/violence.

There were a few parts in the original series that I felt really suffered from being a "kid's show." Mostly the Invasion of Black Sun episodes, where they invaded the Fire Nation capitol with a couple dozen people and nobody died. Or Sokka not being able to use his sword for anything other than cutting other people's weapons.

Bentles

An animated show with better fighting choreography (and better... everything) than a movie. And yet ironically I'd have less trouble convincing somebody to watch the movie than the TV show because it's not "for kids". People are laaame.

Sirius

I like how the chi blocker's close combat evading tactics mirror that of an air bender!

Which is probably why Air-benders will have the best chance against them...

Can't wait for the episode where Korra and Bros. end up being captured and chi-blocked.. forcing Tenzin to step up and finally unleash his full potential against the blockers.

W_Dreamer

Funny thing about M. Night's movie, even after all the negative responses he still doent see anything wrong with his movie. He simply brushes it off as a movie not suited for US audiences or something like that. It was on a video interview some where.

Well at least I dont see any plans for a sequel coming up anytime soon. So much for M Night's vision of a movie trilogy that would rival Star Wars...

I don't think Avatar ever needs to be graphic on the level of ASOIAF, but it would be nice to be able to see deaths on screen and make non-blunted weapons useful. Maybe an Avatar on the level of Cowboy Bebop or Trigun or something in terms of blood/violence.

Wont ever happen while its from Nick, though it never really bothered me till season 3. The finale and episodes like Boiling Rock really killed the immersion. When you have the toughest prison in Fire Nation interrogating a criminal by having him upside down with blood rushing to his head...ooh scaary.

Though I did hear Nick had extra writers for season 2 that they didnt have in S1 or S3. Which explains a few things since Season 2 was Avatars peak imo.

Amir0x

Banned
M. Night is so horrible at everything he does, is it really a surprise that he has learned to produce a defense mechanism that merely blocks out all legitimate criticism of his works (basically all of it) from filtering through?

Arment

M. Night is so horrible at everything he does, is it really a surprise that he has learned to produce a defense mechanism that merely blocks out all legitimate criticism of his works (basically all of it) from filtering through?

He's developed George Lucas Syndrome.

rexor0717

Which is probably why Air-benders will have the best chance against them...

Can't wait for the episode where Korra and Bros. end up being captured and chi-blocked.. forcing Tenzin to step up and finally unleash his full potential against the blockers.

Oh shit, that is going to be awesome.

See that idea I thought was pretty cool, the movie was still trash though.

How is that a cool idea?

That's one of the few advantages Fire has over Earth/Water.

If you take it away Fire becomes ridiculously shitty, and it would make no sense how they managed to become the dominant nation.

korra is a metal bender?

metals.jpg

attackmetal.jpg

metalbender.jpg

shira

Does anyone know if it'll air on Nickelodeon Canada at the same time? I can't see it in the TV schedule...

According to the current schedules of YTV, Teletoon, and Nickleodeon Canada, they have no plans to air the first episode on the 14th, like they will in the US. Nor does it appear that any other channel will be picking up the slack.
I guess a third world country like us will have to wait for the DVDs to come out.
- random wikia contributor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom