• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Is it one of the ones the Revolution's ninja-electro dudes are wearing? Conceivably, mask-disguised Korra?

You're a little short for a Stormtrooper...

Mumei

She's wearing a metalbender uniform, I think.

Oh, I noticed that. I just thought that there were other possible reasons she could be wearing it. Mind you, I am not outright disagreeing with the possibility, because metal bending is in theory something she could learn (she'd just need to learn seismic sense and then work at detecting / manipulating small quantities of earth in metal); I just wondered if there was something more in the picture I might be missing.

Thanks~

Owzers

Thanks to gaf i got my dvr set up for Ultimate Spidey and Legend of Korra, though i did miss 3 episodes of Green Lantern Animated since gaf failed me.

Totally Rad Show Reviews Korra

Thought you all would dig it.

I agree with Dan on the pro-bending feeling meh and predictable. I was expecting a bit more freeform like Pokemon gym battles instead of magic dodgeball. Clearly, it's going to be a huge part of the show since that seems to be Korra's main way of training to be the Avatar, so hopefully they add some depth to it.

I really hope the shipping and relationships are toned down, I don't want Mako x Korra already. I know this is a more teen show now with every characters' ages, but they can focus on Korra's hormones and emotions than already love interests.

Yeah, this was excellent otherwise, love the generational changes into steampunk industrial era with metal-bending and anti-bending propaganda. I have a feeling this can be an even deeper and emotionally heart-wrenching journey as long as they introduce more new characters.

marrec

Banned
I agree with Dan on the pro-bending feeling meh and predictable. I was expecting a bit more freeform like Pokemon gym battles instead of magic dodgeball. Clearly, it's going to be a huge part of the show since that seems to be Korra's main way of training to be the Avatar, so hopefully they add some depth to it.

I really hope the shipping and relationships are toned down, I don't want Mako x Korra already. I know this is a more teen show now with every characters' ages, but they can focus on Korra's hormones and emotions than already love interests.

Yeah, this was excellent otherwise, love the generational changes into steampunk industrial era with metal-bending and anti-bending propaganda. I have a feeling this can be an even deeper and emotionally heart-wrenching journey as long as they introduce more new characters.

I have to disagree about the pro-bending. I'd watch a show entirely devoted to pro-bending.

I want to start a Fantasy Bending League. Who's in?

ckohler

To round things out, I was mixed on Pro-Bending. It's neat but I hope they don't dedicate too many future episodes soley to it. I kind of expect an upcoming championship episode but aside from that, I hope they use it sparingly.

Izick

Had a great workout today. Best part was probably getting 4 sets/5 reps of 200 for cable close grip pull-downs. I was just feeling it today! :p

The craziest part was that I decided to combine shoulders, triceps, back, and calfs, so I did 3 sets per muscle group instead of my usual four, and because I had scheduling last night/today, I managed to do it on four hours of sleep!

Damn.

KingK

Had a great workout today. Best part was probably getting 4 sets/5 reps of 200 for cable close grip pull-downs. I was just feeling it today! :p

The craziest part was that I decided to combine shoulders, triceps, back, and calfs, so I did 3 sets per muscle group instead of my usual four, and because I had scheduling last night/today, I managed to do it on four hours of sleep!

Planning on getting into pro-bending?

UrbanRats

Neat.
Though they don't seem to have a rule against simulations/diving? What if i stay at the edge of the ring (on the side) and willfully fall off at the first occasion, gaining a point for the opposing's team foul (well, not a point, but make them lose a player)?

Ultimadrago

Only 1 out of 60,000 applicants make it into professional pro-bending!

You gotta have more than muscles...have heart!

is it just me or was there a ton of sexual innuendo in Avatar? Like the whole Sokka half naked in the tent waiting for Suki or mai and Zuko alone at home kissing. Next morning Zuko had seriously messed up hair and was still over at Mais home.

Also Ty lees huge assets.

1334287780929.png

Mr. Sam

So sharp it could puncture the hull of an Empire Class Fire Nation Warship, leaving thousands to drown at sea. Because it's so sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom