• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

golem

That's how I felt too. The action scene was truly abysmal-- not even hating on the CG but the way it was set up and directed was really bad. Everything up to that was awesome though.

Me and my nephew really enjoyed it. I hope they establish some rules about what is real and what isn't otherwise the whole thing about guessing what is will drive me as crazy as the character (and not in a good way).

Schlep

Watched it live (a rarity). My god, commercials have really gotten bad these past few years. It felt like 3-4 minutes of show followed by 5 minutes of commercials.

Aside from that, enjoyed the show itself.

I hope it did well in the ratings. The premiere was outstanding.

It was second for the night on cable so it did well enough.

Final-Cable-2017-Feb-08.WED_.png

Rad-

Holy mother of god that was awesome. Best tv show premiere I remember seeing in years. Dan Stevens is great.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Watched it live (a rarity). My god, commercials have really gotten bad these past few years. It felt like 3-4 minutes of show followed by 5 minutes of commercials.

What? This had the fewest commercial breaks out of any program I've watched in recent memory. The first commercial break was 27 minutes in. They became more frequent later on, but this was definitely not a commercial-heavy hour and a half.

Just started watching it. That opening scene was certainly some wah to start the show.

Dan Stevens has lose a ton of muscle since The Guest.

Thought was one of the best pilots to a show I've seen in years.
I think some of you guys are being too hard on the ending. I thought it was a baller escape and really cool oner. And I really liked the music,
Me too. Only problem I had was the black ops soldiers having a serious case of the Stormtrooper. Some seriously bad aiming there; John Wick would have ended this show before it even began. :p

What a fantastic pilot.

My only question is, where is this going to go? The pilot seemed rather self-contained and there's not really a tease as to what the season's arc is going to be aside from the Mutant Hunters and the Shadow King dude. Hopefully, Hawley builds that story soon, but yeah this show is an instant watch for me.

Schlep

What? This had the fewest commercial breaks out of any program I've watched in recent memory. The first commercial break was 27 minutes in. They became more frequent later on, but this was definitely not a commercial-heavy hour and a half.

Yeah, the opening part was great, but then it just got absurd by the end. Taboo is the same way. I'd pay for a season pass if it didn't feel so wasteful.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would based on the trailers but it was still a very good pilot. A bit too meandering perharps, and the ending was really jarring. The show looked so gorgeous up until the finale but those effects were terrible. They should have toned done the spectacle. And I hope we get a lot more Plaza in future episodes.

Still, a fun and twisted ride and I loved the main actor. I look forward to the rest of the season.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Great pilot but I really hope the show doesn't turn into yet another superhero show, which it sorta turned into at the end there. Hopefully the rest of the show has the same tune as the pilot.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So to those who watched the episode, was it considered good by regular tv show standards or by comic book show standards?

Grazzt

While the effecfs were on the weak side, I liked it because it was cool to see telekinesis used without restraint.
His TK is weak. Were it more powerful, he could just generate a tk shield to block the bullets or simply control all the bullets/guns. I would like to see that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't watch Live, it's the same time I'm watching Suits. But if Word of Mouth is good, I may iTunes it at the end of the season.

Me and my nephew really enjoyed it. I hope they establish some rules about what is real and what isn't otherwise the whole thing about guessing what is will drive me as crazy as the character (and not in a good way).

That's true. I think most would be fine with it for the first few eps but I'm curious if some will get frustrated if they don't do that to some extent.

Looking forward to next week.

Eh, I personally found it more enjoyable with there being no rules for how things should play out and knowing what was a part of his mind or not. The second you add rules, the wonder goes away.

Visually incredible and just an overall fascinating watch. Dan Stevens puts in an amazing turn here. So excited for me.

The escape scene was very First Class, ha.

OmniGamer

Don't have cable where I'm at now, so fired up the Amazon video app on my TV to possibly purchase the episode...only to see that it's available to free! Awesome!

Spuck-uk

Banned
So I can't be the only one that thinks the whole of the escape crew are all a manifestation of his powers, right?

Except Syd, probably

Arkeband

Banned
I enjoyed it, but it needs to fuck with the viewer less than Mr. Robot. The whole "nothing is real, everyone is you" thing is played out and is at risk of becoming the new "and then he woke up and it was all a dream, the end."

Top Bottom