• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

Thought I was about to finish up the Vita's campaign last night only to discover that I'm locked out of the final three levels due a lack of gold bricks.

I had no idea that TT Fusion had an unlocking requirement with the bricks. Now I have to go back and earn 19 more, not sure if I can muster the will to do so.

Didn't think I was going to pick this up for a long time (waiting for a sale). Sure enough I picked up the 3DS version for $18 thanks to that Walmart snafu.

As much as I like this game, the lack of an inverted control option means that I only ever have fun on missions, because I can't have any fun out in the city if I can't play.

It's so stupid that this is still an issue in a game made in 2013.

pixelpushr

Neo Member
As much as I like this game, the lack of an inverted control option means that I only ever have fun on missions, because I can't have any fun out in the city if I can't play.

This is the only thing keeping me from buying this game. Hopefully they'll patch it in but I have no idea why it wasn't there in the first place.

Do we know yet if the PS4 version allows for the same 2-screen option as the Wii-U but with the Vita?

In otherwords, can I play 2 players where one player is on the TV and the other is on the Vita instead of split-screen on the TV?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do we know yet if the PS4 version allows for the same 2-screen option as the Wii-U but with the Vita?

In otherwords, can I play 2 players where one player is on the TV and the other is on the Vita instead of split-screen on the TV?

no - remoteplay duplicates the TV only, you can't currently do two screens.

Wait, is it the camera that can't be inverted, or just the flight controls? If it's camera, that'll put me off on buying the game.

TheZjman

Banned
Super hype for this. Really want the Dark Phoenix DLC but i want the Wii U version and can't have both :(

Assuming the Wii U version does have co-op though. My little brother was pretty annoyed we couldn't play LCU together, although i understand why the DLC was omitted.

EDIT: Oh and does it do the annoying freeze when you unlock something like in Lego Batman 2, or is it seamless like LCU?

Abylim

Is this online co op? As in, I buy it on my ps3, and my friend buys it on his ps3, can we play together online?

How is the Vita version?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Can't wait for the NA PS4 Launch to see some PS4 footage of this game.
Hope it'll give a nice boost to graphics.

I wouldn't expect that. Maybe they up the framerate a bit, but I don't feel like the LEGO-games have ever pushed the consolehardware.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Can't wait for the NA PS4 Launch to see some PS4 footage of this game.
Hope it'll give a nice boost to graphics.
Wouldn't looking at the PC version be a good indication of how it'll look? Doubt they're going to rework it too much from that.

MAtgS

So has anyone else experienced a glitch with custom characters having missing left hands? I'm not sure how to fix this. (Wii U version BTW)

Korosenai

Question about coop for wii u. Do you have to play splitscreen with one person on the tv and another on the gamepad, or can you do split screen on the tv?

Morphiend

Neo Member
i think i really want to get this but i've been reading past lego games wouldn't let you invert the y axis which i have to be able to do. i can't even believe it hasn't been an option before.

is this still the case?

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
I got a call today from Game Stop saying my PS4 copy is coming in tomorrow (Tuesday the 12th). I thought that was strange. I thought it was slated for Saturday?

Edit: It was scheduled for Friday not Saturday. I guess that's why I can pick it up tomorrow, I won't be able to play it till Friday anyways...

i think i really want to get this but i've been reading past lego games wouldn't let you invert the y axis which i have to be able to do. i can't even believe it hasn't been an option before.

is this still the case?

You cannot invert the controls. I have gotten used to it but it is frustratingly wrong.

Xander51

I got a call today from Game Stop saying my PS4 copy is coming in tomorrow (Tuesday the 12th). I thought that was strange. I thought it was slated for Saturday?

Edit: It was scheduled for Friday not Saturday. I guess that's why I can pick it up tomorrow, I won't be able to play it till Friday anyways...

Many of the PS4 games are shipping today. I imagine systems will ship early in the week as well so they can sit in the back for a few days.

So, stupid thing I know, but the PS4 controller on a PC doesn't seem to gel with this game. I tried Dive Kick immediately after and it worked perfectly, and removed the DS4 and put in my wired Xbox controller and it worked fine.

Don't know why this would be an issue.

I kinda wish they did the free roam a bit better.

Like having to save people and beat up random groups of enemies.

Or fight other super villians that are causing havoc in the free roam world.

Maybe even get some other heroes to attack you if cause too much trouble etc....

I kinda wish they did the free roam a bit better.

Like having to save people and beat up random groups of enemies.

Or fight other super villians that are causing havoc in the free roam world.

Maybe even get some other heroes to attack you if cause too much trouble etc....

There's always room for a LEGO Marvel 2.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So, stupid thing I know, but the PS4 controller on a PC doesn't seem to gel with this game. I tried Dive Kick immediately after and it worked perfectly, and removed the DS4 and put in my wired Xbox controller and it worked fine.

Don't know why this would be an issue.
I've been using the DS4 with no issues. Have my gf using the 360 controller alongside it, too. Are you using the x360ce method from the DS4 on PC thread?

I've been using the DS4 with no issues. Have my gf using the 360 controller alongside it, too. Are you using the x360ce method from the DS4 on PC thread?
What's the trick to use both controllers at the same time? For me it's either the DS4 with x360ce or removing the x360ce from the LEGO folder and just use the regular 360 controller.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What's the trick to use both controllers at the same time? For me it's either the DS4 with x360ce or removing the x360ce from the LEGO folder and just use the regular 360 controller.

Run the x360ce application while your 360 controller and DS4 are connected. You'll be able to set individual settings for both.

You'll have to manually assign one of them using the in-game options, though. I'll load up our save using the DS4, then I'll have to pause it and assign her controller to player 2.

how is it going to other games..fps' for example? do you still invert those or no?

i think im going to boycott this on principle alone. so annoying of whoever made this game.

Are you asking whether or not I invert controls in other games? Yes, always. The right thumbstick is a "neck". Pull back to look up, push up to look down.

Run the x360ce application while your 360 controller and DS4 are connected. You'll be able to set individual settings for both.

You'll have to manually assign one of them using the in-game options, though. I'll load up our save using the DS4, then I'll have to pause it and assign her controller to player 2.
That's pretty cool, I didn't think of launching the x360 with both controllers, gonna do some coop with my son tonight, thanks

Top Bottom