• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes |OT| Cosmic Brick Your Console

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How far in do you get access to the whole city? I'm 3 missions in and I just get the "Continue Story" option after each. Literally no other option.

Right after the next one.

fernoca

So Wii U version isn't going to get DLC? Not surprised, I suppose..

WB has been really weird with DLC on Wii U.

-Injustice: Got DLC months after the others...and is still missing 2 characters, a few costumes and updates.

-Batman Arkham Origins: Got preorder DLC and the Season Pass (and the skins pack is $1 less because it lacks the Robin skin for multiplayer as there's no multiplayer).

-Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Got no preorder DLC and no DLC of any kind...at the moment.

So..who knows what might happen.

PS4 version is great! Watching my brother and his friend play and it looks like a ton of fun. 1080p/60fps, it looks pretty damn good. Animations are INCREDIBLE!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So...does anyone know how to unlock Custom character M? I am at 99.9% completion with everything else unlocked/collected except that. I can't seem to find ANY information regarding this.
Ehrm, just make it? I'm pretty sure none of the custom slots have to be unlocked.

There's a bug in the game where it'll never show 100% completion though, even f you've achieved it. You'll still get full completion trophies/achievements though.

Zing

Banned
Which platform has this "impossible to 100%" bug?

Edit: a quick google shows that this is mistaken information. You can 100%, you just need to make sure you buy all vehicles and such.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Which platform has this "impossible to 100%" bug?

Edit: a quick google shows that this is mistaken information. You can 100%, you just need to make sure you buy all vehicles and such.
I've bought every vehicle. Unlocked and bought every character. I have the achievements to show for it, and all three different kinds of SHIELD vehicle spawn points have every vehicle unlocked in them.

My game save still says 99.9%. IIRC it's an issue with the final Stan Lee mission respawning over
the circus
, which does on the map but isn't actually there because I already did it.

Mecca

I heard if you replay some of the Stan Lee missions, even if you have already unlocked everything, it will reset and fix the bug. I haven't tried it myself though.

I decided to hold off and get this for PS4 when it releases here on the 29th. The missus is keen to co-op as well, so I've got a 2nd controller on the way for the PS4 now too.

In the meantime though, I decided to pick up the Vita version, and so far, it's been awesome. Loving the different perspective and it looks great. Deaths = jarring change for a LEGO game, but it's actually not a bad thing having an extra element of challenge now.

So far, so good. And at least I'm getting the Lego Marvel itch scratched until the 29th :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
the Demo will be released this week for Wii U.
I'll try it for sure. I loved Lego City, and while this is gonna miss some extra gamepad features, it will offer the offtv and the multiplayer second screen that shoud be good.

Zing

Banned
My daughter is really enjoying playing around in Lego City, but it isn't multiplayer. We were talking about her creating her own saved game today, but then I am just watching her play. Now I'm wondering if I should just spring for this game so we can play together. I still have Lego Star Wars unplayed, do you folks think we should just start there?

Edit: Wow, I just booted up and played Star Wars for a few minutes and was already having fun. I think we will just play it for now and get Marvel afterwards.

inpired_1ne

Neo Member
My daughter is really enjoying playing around in Lego City, but it isn't multiplayer. We were talking about her creating her own saved game today, but then I am just watching her play. Now I'm wondering if I should just spring for this game so we can play together. I still have Lego Star Wars unplayed, do you folks think we should just start there?

I've been playing Lego marvel with my son on ps4.. we are having a great time playing together. He has played all the Lego games on vita and wiiu but this the first time we had a chance to play together..

Bought this on Wii U for my kid and girlfriend, they seem to be really enjoying it. Is there going to be dlc for the Wii U version, extra characters etc.? I don't mind getting them some more, but Wii U often seems to miss these kind of things.

Zing

Banned
Well, I played through three chapters of Lego Star Wars with my daughter, but it isn't very exciting compared to Lego City. You just fight constantly through the level. I would certainly enjoy it alone, or with someone who has seen all the movies (daughter has only seen episode 1 and 4) and understands how what happens on screen matches the movies. At this point we would rather watch each other play Lego City.

I am thinking that the open world, dual screen multiplayer of Lego Marvel is a better fit. For those who have played City, is it more like City, where combat is rare and the focus is on exploration? Or does it lean toward the earlier games where combat is the focus? If Marvel is like a multiplayer City, then it is golden.

Sorian

Banned
So, random question, but it was bothering me. My gf and I just got access to the full city map and I let her rampage around for a bit while I did some side quests. I came across one where the guy wanted 3 people to get in line and I, for the life of me, could not figure out how to do it. I was able to move them (with some awkward pushing) into the line but I knew that wouldn't work. I couldn't talk to them to follow me and it didn't seem like I could life them up at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, random question, but it was bothering me. My gf and I just got access to the full city map and I let her rampage around for a bit while I did some side quests. I came across one where the guy wanted 3 people to get in line and I, for the life of me, could not figure out how to do it. I was able to move them (with some awkward pushing) into the line but I knew that wouldn't work. I couldn't talk to them to follow me and it didn't seem like I could life them up at all.
You need to
progress much further through the story before you can complete that. You need psychic powers, which aren't available until about 2/3 of the way through the game, and you can't unlock any characters in the free world that have the same power until then I think.

Sorian

Banned
You need to
progress much further through the story before you can complete that. You need psychic powers, which aren't available until about 2/3 of the way through the game, and you can't unlock any characters in the free world that have the same power until then I think.

Makes sense, thank you. I expected it would be something I didn't have yet, just surprised they didn't indicate that in any way.

Makes sense, thank you. I expected it would be something I didn't have yet, just surprised they didn't indicate that in any way.

I can't believe how many times I've had to consult a guide/walkthrough for this game. The ambiguity of the solutions really hurts it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't believe how many times I've had to consult a guide/walkthrough for this game. The ambiguity of the solutions really hurts it.

I'm really curious about this complaint. Is this your first LEGO Game?

Even still they usually make it very clear. You get big coloured text on-screen that even tells you what to do. Do you have examples? The only times I've ever been stumped is the line infront of the subway described above and some particularly hard to see water near vents.

UUUUGGGGHHH! I want this soooo bad, but my Spidey Sense tells me it will be $20 like all LEGO titles before too long.

The pain!

I'm really curious about this complaint. Is this your first LEGO Game?

Even still they usually make it very clear. You get big coloured text on-screen that even tells you what to do. Do you have examples? The only times I've ever been stumped is the line infront of the subway described above and some particularly hard to see water near vents.

It's my first LEGO game, yes.

I'm not terribly far in the game (just finished the first mission with
Johnny Storm
) but I am embarrassed to admit that I've gotten legitimately stuck four or five times.

For the most part the impediments seem to be that we (my daughter and I) miss important visual clues about the surface of an object. Metal objects (destructible via Iron Man or Hawkeye for example) are occasionally obfuscated by the environment so we don't recognize it as an interactive piece. We have also run into a few situations where the camera has prevented us from seeing points which can be locked onto.

At the end of the mission I mentioned above you need to get into an elevator to trigger the cut scene. We got onto the elevator three times without triggering it...it just seems that the game has several holes which we seem to regularly run into.

That having been said, we really do like it. This is the first game I've actually played with my seven year old and it's pretty great to see her get excited about discovering things on her own.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've played all the Lego games so far and loved them, and even I forgot that Hawkeye can destroy silver objects and spent forever trying to finish off one of the bonus levels, so it's not unreasonable that some people would get stuck.

Finished the Vita version last night.

I absolutely love this game.

Will definitely go back now and look to get the Gold bricks and unlock all the characters. I suspect I'll inevitably try for the Platinum too.

What a little portable LEGO gem this is.

Ridley327

Getting closer and closer to getting 100% on the game.

This might be the best LEGO game ever, and I especially have to applaud them for having a lot of fun with the roster, especially with some of the villains that they manage to cram in there.

PS4 looks and runs great, BTW: the 1080p does wonders for the game's visual style, and the framerate is an absolutely rock-solid 30 fps that only tears in certain instances during co-op in the Manhattan overworld.

Mask

Anybody know if the Superpack DLC thats exclusive to GAME in the UK will be put on the PSN store later?

I'll be getting the Iron Patriot edition on PS4 from amazon, and I want some of those characters.

GodofWine

Amazon just can't seem to get this to me...my order that shipped on the 13th is just lost somewhere, so the CS rep said they'll overnight it, and by mistake is sending me Killzone and Marvel (they were on same order, it clearly said KZ was delivered), but Killzone (my third copy of it actually...) shipped, and Marvel is still in not yet shipped...

Maybe they will lose it again and I'll get another copy of Killzone...and a third lost Marvel..and then all the Marvels will show up?

b0neshank

Banned
Been playing this with my 6yr old son and the game is fantastic co-op on the PS4. Graphically it looks better than I thought it would and appears to be quite the step up from last generation Lego games.

Been playing this with my 6yr old son and the game is fantastic co-op on the PS4. Graphically it looks better than I thought it would and appears to be quite the step up from last generation Lego games.

Excellent, what I wanted to hear. I'm going to get this to play with my 4 year old son and we played past lego games on PS3 but the graphics and framerate at times was annoying. I am glad it's not that big of an issue on PS4.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's my first LEGO game, yes.

I'm not terribly far in the game (just finished the first mission with
Johnny Storm
) but I am embarrassed to admit that I've gotten legitimately stuck four or five times.

For the most part the impediments seem to be that we (my daughter and I) miss important visual clues about the surface of an object. Metal objects (destructible via Iron Man or Hawkeye for example) are occasionally obfuscated by the environment so we don't recognize it as an interactive piece. We have also run into a few situations where the camera has prevented us from seeing points which can be locked onto.

At the end of the mission I mentioned above you need to get into an elevator to trigger the cut scene. We got onto the elevator three times without triggering it...it just seems that the game has several holes which we seem to regularly run into.

That having been said, we really do like it. This is the first game I've actually played with my seven year old and it's pretty great to see her get excited about discovering things on her own.
Hmm, well I can't say I can relate with this game, though I definitely have a lot of those moments in other games. Maybe it's just because I've become so used to it and watched a ton of pre-release videos, etc. but generally I never had problems with level design or stuff not being clear. There's one particularly difficult puzzle on a rooftop that I had to check a guide for though, I think it's to unlock Carnage.

Glad to hear you and your kid are enjoying it :)

Anybody know if the Superpack DLC thats exclusive to GAME in the UK will be put on the PSN store later?

I'll be getting the Iron Patriot edition on PS4 from amazon, and I want some of those characters.
Super Pack and Asgard DLC is out on 360 now, and it's been out on PS4 for a while. I think every platform has both DLCs now, someone should check if Wii U has them or is getting them.

Mask

Super Pack and Asgard DLC is out on 360 now, and it's been out on PS4 for a while. I think every platform has both DLCs now, someone should check if Wii U has them or is getting them.

Excellent. I'm guessing the UK PSN will have those two dlcs added the week after the PS4 releases in the UK. I'm guessing the Wii U might get them later, hopefully.

Morphiend

Neo Member
i just got to the explore new york level..

-how do i save my game? i can't find any of those save kiosks anywhere in the city

-i tried to do the "find the wrench" mission in the hangar of the flying fortress thing and i found it bt it won't let me pick it up or anything. is this a glitch?

Fox1304

Is it confirmed that one can use the vita as a second controller to play as a second player ?
And is it split screen or is there a way to get a full screen on the vita via remote play ?

Zing

Banned
Just instructing people how to buy DLC on the Wii U requires a whole separate manual. It's ridiculous. No wonder publishers don't bother. The rate of sales on DLC is probably miniscule.

i just got to the explore new york level..

-how do i save my game? i can't find any of those save kiosks anywhere in the city

-i tried to do the "find the wrench" mission in the hangar of the flying fortress thing and i found it bt it won't let me pick it up or anything. is this a glitch?

- I think the game saves automatically when you're in the city and have collected something. I've never had to worry about quitting out from the city hub.

- That may be a glitch or you have to break something to fully expose the item. For me it was
on top of a bunch of covered crates i had to jump onto

Top Bottom