• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

ghostmind

qTeqR8K.gif

Prepping for OT 4.

And finished bag 4 of Sea Cow tonight, which was the first part of the main body of the ship. So awesome so far. Maybe I am just a sucker for awesome ships, but I have a feeling the rest of the build will be more insane when I continue tomorrow.

I'm thinking of doing a column starting in OT4 - "BrickHistory" - where I shine a light on themes of the past, and other tidbits from LEGO's rich history.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
AWESOME!!!

Can someone with experience selling on Bricklink answer this?

If I open a store, are there any penalties for removing inventory from my store that I might have sold by some other means or if I change my mind?

For example, I have some sets and minifigs I want to sell. I put on Bricklink and nothing sells for a few weeks. I want to try eBay and it sells. I now no longer have the set and need to remove it from Bricklink.

Some stuff I have multiple items and can sell on both eBay and Bricklink, but some I only have one item.

Thanks.

You should remove it from bricklink before listing I ebay, just in case you get an order on both. You da just mark the items on bricklink as not on the shelf, so they can stay in your inventory but don't appear to users

wetwired

Simpsons house was at my doorstep today! I think this might be the biggest boxed set I've ever bought (though Town Hall beats it for pieces)

Anyone know how long the build is? should I start straight away?

So for the TRU bricktober sets, I went to a TRU yesterday and they had some Theater sets (week 1) left. They said they could sell them for $20 after the promo week is over, so those who don't want to spend $75 to get a set can try to get them the following week and get the whole set for $80!

ninge

So, just wanted to officially thank you all for the hole in my wallet that has formed over the last couple of months ;) Been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. Picked up the 2013 Passenger Train, Cargo Train, a couple of packs of track and Train Station, the Pet Shop, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium modulars, the BikeShop (mini modular i guess?) the Creator town house (with the light in it) and a couple of small sets.

Also dug all my old lego out of the loft from when I was a kid, mainly to get some street pieces etc. Working on setting it all up in some sort of display now and will post pics when its ready :)

Totally loved building the modulars. Will definitely be picking up more of those (tho i suspect I've missed the boat on cafe corner and green grocers judging by the prices on ebay!)

ruxtpin

Banned
So, just wanted to officially thank you all for the hole in my wallet that has formed over the last couple of months ;) Been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. Picked up the 2013 Passenger Train, Cargo Train, a couple of packs of track and Train Station, the Pet Shop, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium modulars, the BikeShop (mini modular i guess?) the Creator town house (with the light in it) and a couple of small sets.

Also dug all my old lego out of the loft from when I was a kid, mainly to get some street pieces etc. Working on setting it all up in some sort of display now and will post pics when its ready :)

Totally loved building the modulars. Will definitely be picking up more of those (tho i suspect I've missed the boat on cafe corner and green grocers judging by the prices on ebay!)

welcometothedarkside

palpatine.jif

=P

ghostmind

zluxokI.gif

Rootbeer

Banned

Whaaa you're newly back to the brickaddiction and yet you already have Fire Brigade? You're on your game.

Welcome!

Zerojul

Welcome !
Your wallet may be relatively safe if you're impervious to the charms of the Super Heroes and Star Wars themes. If you're not, then... :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So chances on those mini modulars appearing in the UK?

Though I'd rather just have the set in one box like the first lot and not exclusive to a store that requires ridiculous effort to get to.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
My local walmart has vastly improved it's Lego selection and for the first time they are carrying Minfigs. I was super excited when I saw them and had to sit an pick through. I grabbed 13 bags as I thought I had 13 individual figs. Turned out I had two duplicates in the Jester and the Wizard. I though the wizard was the princess and the frog and I thought the Jester's hat was the Mongolian warrior's helm. Oh well 11/13 ain't bad.

Ryuuroden

qTeqR8K.gif

Prepping for OT 4.

And finished bag 4 of Sea Cow tonight, which was the first part of the main body of the ship. So awesome so far. Maybe I am just a sucker for awesome ships, but I have a feeling the rest of the build will be more insane when I continue tomorrow.

Yes it is, Sea Cow is so unbelievably awesome. I loved that build.

wetwired

2 Hours down on the Simpsons House, I skipped the first bag as I didn't feel like building a lot of random crap and went straight to the garage. I got the Garage and first floor done in time. That will leave me some little fiddley dressing bits and allow me to savour the car build at the end.

rallaren

The reason I didn't buy this set much earlier than I did was because of the minifigs, yeah. For someone who's already been buying most of the Batman sets in the last 3 years it just didn't have much to offer. The variants were pretty weak IMO. I guess my fav was scarecrow since I didn't have him yet... though I don't like the LEGO scarecrow design with that hat... but at least it's better than two-face. I really, really hate that hairpiece.

It's a nice roster if you don't have many other Batman sets though.
I am only done with the vehicle, gates and first build structure but already exhausted. Much more detail than I thought. I like it so far. Seems like a great set.

vwXwdHJ.jpg

ninge

Whaaa you're newly back to the brickaddiction and yet you already have Fire Brigade? You're on your game.

Welcome!

Thanks :) saw it (relatively) cheap on ebay, pounced on it! Was only a tenner over the original price.

Your wallet may be relatively safe if you're impervious to the charms of the Super Heroes and Star Wars themes. If you're not, then... :p

Yeah think I'm gonna focus on the modulars and trains. Altho the modulars alone wont build me a city ;)

Make sure you subscribe to the new thread. :) Seems like you are a City theme person. You are doomed. Don't forget they sell track sets. You need to have enough to go around your town. Bwahahahahaha!

My local walmart has vastly improved it's Lego selection and for the first time they are carrying Minfigs. I was super excited when I saw them and had to sit an pick through. I grabbed 13 bags as I thought I had 13 individual figs. Turned out I had two duplicates in the Jester and the Wizard. I though the wizard was the princess and the frog and I thought the Jester's hat was the Mongolian warrior's helm. Oh well 11/13 ain't bad.

The horns on Hun (Mongolian warrior) are detached. I believe they are the same horn as the cow horn. The sword is also a good identifier.

The key for differentiating the wizard hat and princess is the princess hat has a long pony tail attached to it. Wizard also has the stick and telescope thingy. If you're not that good, I can see someone confusing the jewel and frog as well.

Dunkelgrau

I haven't bought anything yet.

]blacky[;131289611 said:
I am 33 and want to start with LEGO but don’t know how. Never played with it as a child.

I love the games, the movie and the look of the small figures. Manly I am interested in the Superheroes- and the Star Wars- Series. I actually do not have a lot of money but want something difficult to built because I am thinking, when I am done building up a set, I have a set on my table – nothing less, nothing more. The only function then is too look good in my living room.

What should I buy?

Today I saw LEGO Star Wars 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor (brandnew!) for only 60$ here in Germany. What a price!

But I am not sure if I really should buy it. I mean I just want to put it on my table and the Sith Fury class is not very well known. I think most People will not realize that it is even a ship from Star Wars. But the Price, OMG ...

I just bought 41026 (excellent foodstuff parts pack) and six minifigs for the cost of just the set, thanks to a sale. I managed to get all the figures I needed too, but mistook a space miner for a battle goddess in the last bag.

Draxal

]blacky[;134144426 said:

Today I saw LEGO Star Wars 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor (brandnew!) for only 60$ here in Germany. What a price!

But I am not sure if I really should buy it. I mean I just want to put it on my table and the Sith Fury class is not very well known. I think most People will not realize that it is even a ship from Star Wars. But the Price, OMG ...

I think most people would the coloring/shape looks like generic Imperial fighter from the original saga (whic hwas the intent of the whole design).

]blacky[;134144426 said:

Buy it. ASAP. One of the best looking ships and one of the best builds too.

Ponn

Banned
Do it! I haven't bought the set, but I would for the three non spiderman minifigs at that price.

Where at? I might jump on that.

Thanks guys. It was an AWD set, I had insomnia last night and was checking the AWD Lego page and they had big update overnight and jumped on it but wasn't sure if I wanted to keep order. I really want the MJ fig and the Power Man fig to go with Iron Fist. I could give or take the Green Goblin fig, I prefer the 616 Green Goblin everyone knows and loves. I also don't need another helicopter but I thought I could use those huge fans on the side in a FF Airship moc.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ponn,

You're right they added a lot last night. i picked up a Laval's Fire Lion for $34. I have a weakness for bigfigs.

Grats on the Spidey set, I already own it but I didn't see it listed so you must have snagged it before I was browsing :p

Krilekk

Banned
]blacky[;134144426 said:

I had a similar situation, got 25 % discount on the reduced price of 69 € at Galeria Kaufhof. I had it sitting there in my basket but in the end after looking at some pics I decided it's just not worth it. There's a reason why it can be had for 50 € used and why it's constantly reduced from 99 to 69, there are better ships. Milano and Quinjet and Spaceship^3 are superior.

]blacky[;134144426 said:

What matters is if you like the look of the model. Darth Malgus is an amazing minifig too. People will want to swoosh that model.

neonglow

]blacky[;134144426 said:

That set is out of print. Looks like a clearance/closeout price. If you like Star Wars, I would get it.

R-User!

]blacky[;134144426 said:

Buy it because it's cheap and it's AWESOOOOOME!

Not sure what is happening to me...

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I picked up the Winter Village Cottage off craigslist sealed for $130. It's going on eBay for about $180-200. I want to start building it but part of me wants to just hoard it knowing how much this set is going to go for sealed in a few years.

I also signed up for the Lego investors forum lol.

:(

Rootbeer

Banned
If that matters to you, you can still sell it at a nice price even if it's opened and built. I would not worry about the value too much but that's me.

from my own investigating as a buyer, the final sale price difference on sets that are opened and complete vs. unopened is not that vast. Maybe on vintage sets?

ghostmind

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I picked up the Winter Village Cottage off craigslist sealed for $130. It's going on eBay for about $180-200. I want to start building it but part of me wants to just hoard it knowing how much this set is going to go for sealed in a few years.

Once you start down the dark path...

Build it. Don't be a hoarder. The sets were made to be built and enjoyed.

EDIT: Just added a few more links to LEGO GAFfer MOCs for the new OT. If anyone else wants to give links to their own MOCs, please feel free to PM me sometime today so I can add them for the new OT. Thank you.

ghostmind

A layperson looking at my basement would think I am a hoarder, but really I just buy more sets than I can keep up with. My available time (and occasional laziness) is also an issue.

However, I am going to go on a major unboxing spree soon, and transfer unbuilt sets to bins, so that I can reclaim some space.

Ravek

Banned
A layperson looking at my basement would think I am a hoarder, but really I just buy more sets than I can keep up with. My available time (and occasional laziness) is also an issue.

However, I am going to go on a major unboxing spree soon, and transfer unbuilt sets to bins, so that I can reclaim some space.

LEGO Hoarders...should be a 2hr special on TLC.

Top Bottom