• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i hope at least for an early acess or something? (sorry im new to lego)

I'd doubt that as well, for a modular.

You wouldn't have to wait too long for double VIP if you wanted to wait, it'll be around March/April (I forget.) Still, the difference between 1x and 2x is gonna be $14 so it's probably not really that significant if you need it badly!

nny

I finally bit on the Dr. Who set before it was gone for good.

-------------

Pickups from Billund (and Copenhagen):

DSC00480_zpsjjkeqycx.jpg

With the exception of the Lego House (which was not sold in Lego stores, but in regular stores in Billund), everything was overpriced, so I just got a few small things.

Ponn

Banned
thats what i thought...

maybe the freebie will be good :)

can i hope at least for an early acess or something? (sorry im new to lego)

January is usually a weird month for Lego right after the holidays. The modular is usually "the" thing for that month. They have usually had had a freebie that ties into the modular though for that month so that is something to maybe look out for. Otherwise buy lots of stuff now with double VIP going on to get a large chunk off your modular purchase in Jan. That is what alot of people around here seem to do.

Ponn

Banned
I might pick up that joker fig from you Wetwired but you might want to include links to preorder them. That or my browser and GAF are still acting wonky and i'm just missing the links.

I picked up a couple of those Mcfarlane Five Night at Fridays sets. If anyone is interested in review or pics let me know and I will try and put one or both together in the next couple days.

wetwired

I might pick up that joker fig from you Wetwired but you might want to include links to preorder them. That or my browser and GAF are still acting wonky and i'm just missing the links.

I picked up a couple of those Mcfarlane Five Night at Fridays sets. If anyone is interested in review or pics let me know and I will try and put one or both together in the next couple days.

It's frowned upon to sell stuff directly on here, so I didn't include direct links

Markus

Amazon delivered my Cargo Train today, and I am already playing with track layouts on a table to try and reconfigure my Halloween display to accommodate tracks. I am going to have to redo quite a bit of it, but it will be worth it. And will be easy to just replant the crosses and trees around.

Now to scheme on the train.

Here's a link to a bunch of issues of Rail Bricks, some issues are free:

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/4160

And if it hasn't been mentioned, extra packs of track are on sale at Amazon right now, too:

7895 Switch Track $11.95
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4286834-City-Switch-Tracks/dp/B000EJ9OBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477272467&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+7895

7899 Flexible Track $19.40
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-City-7499-Flexible-Tracks/dp/B0042HOU1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477272467&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+7895

Brickset put up their review of the Yellow Submarine set, and it was glowing. Well, except for this bit at the end:

BAH!

But those 1x2 inverted bow pieces that are new that I wanted a lot of? Looks like I might get my wish.

29853291544_61e23ebe01_c.jpg

Bright orange isn't exactly the most versatile color.

For anyone in the US looking for 31052 Vacation Getaways, Target.com is having a 20% off sale and due to their mistake having the MSRP at $42.99, it's on for $34.39 (51% off). You should be able to price match up to 2 of them instore, but YMMV.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-vacation-getaways-31052/-/A-50575450

Phew. It's sold out online and not in any stores by me.
I bought it when it was around 40% off the other week, but at 50% off I was very tempted on getting a second one.

The Mime Prince of Crime and Spacemen, Spacemen, Spacemen! Mission 1 are up for preorder!, Finally...

Spacemensmll.jpg

Oh my! Classic spacemen in alternate colors!

Here's a link to a bunch of issues of Rail Bricks, some issues are free:

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/4160

And if it hasn't been mentioned, extra packs of track are on sale at Amazon right now, too:

7895 Switch Track $11.95
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4286834-City-Switch-Tracks/dp/B000EJ9OBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477272467&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+7895

7899 Flexible Track $19.40
https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-City-7499-Flexible-Tracks/dp/B0042HOU1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477272467&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+7895
Funny enough, I ordered the switch tracks earlier before you posted this. :)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ordered the holiday train + power functions. I can't wait to get it running but It's also still only October, decisions...

EDIT: Gah, the train motor is on backorder, guess I have to wait a little longer anyway.

wetwired

I really wanted the rest of the crew to fill out the A-Team after BA Baracus (I still call him Mr T though)

Trying to stay purist with them, I'm just waiting on a torso and head to try for Hannibal

14787071_10154762120752994_1128661325_o.jpg

Osahi

Started building the Slave-1. Two bags in. This thing is going to be massive ain't it? Never seen it i real life before...

I don't want to seem like I'm spamming with the joker but I had to take this pic...

mimes.jpg

Hehe, looking great, they were made for each other there...

Also: Your Murdock is spot on, not sure about Face though? Something's off, maybe the hair color? 80s Dirk Benedict was more of a dirty blonde/light brownish hair kinda guy. Can't wait for Hannibal :)

Did anyone here try the actual hub world in Dimensions yet? Is the rest of the gang in there in some form? Quest givers etc.?

Just finished with the Sea Cow at the minute and... what a GLORIOUS BEAST!!!

This was already the most magnificent, meatiest, chunkiest Lego Pirate ship i have EVER built, but i really didn't expect one of the best parts to come at the end. DAT Engine/Steampipe build, just wow! And when you get to put it all together it really adds that much more bulk to it all.

Also: I was surprised to see it has a really tiny footprint :) So it fits just fine on top of my Ikea shelf for now! Height wise yeah... not so great so that really limits display options i guess!

Still: 10/10 from me, you really can't do any better with a detailed Pirate/Steampunk ship as a set!

7scUZpp.jpg

This was already the most magnificent, meatiest, chunkiest Lego Pirate ship i have EVER built, but i really didn't expect one of the best parts to come at the end. DAT Engine/Steampipe build, just wow! And when you get to put it all together it really adds that much more bulk to it all.

Also: I was surprised to see it has a really tiny footprint :) So it fits just fine on top of my Ikea shelf for now! Height wise yeah... not so great so that really limits display options i guess!

Still: 10/10 from me, you really can't do any better with a detailed Pirate/Steampunk ship as a set!

7scUZpp.jpg

ermUkmA.gif

Ryuuroden

Damn, that pirate ship is massive

That space ship X that ship from the Lego movie are sets I should have got

Yeah, it really is a glorious ship, so much detail. The Lego movie theme really was a great theme and I look forward to seeing its inventiveness come back with the next movie. The vehicle sets from that movie were the best, from the sea cow to spaceship to the cop vehicles and dropship and the multi build vehicle sets.

I know I have posted about trying to quickly get a Halloween train MOC up in the last week, but my brain and work exhaustion are catching up with me and saying it is a bad idea. Best to focus on making a Christmas display with train tracks for the new holiday train to roll around in. That way I don't have the deadline, and can incorporate the other Winter Village stuff into it.

Save the spooky stuff for next year.

Just saw the Spider-Man bridge set is back down to $79.99 again on Amazon. I think it was at some point a few weeks ago but had gone back up to $99.99 for a bit. I'm pulling the trigger this time.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-76057-Spider-Man/dp/B01CU9X622/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1477080205&sr=8-5&keywords=spiderman+lego

TRU is currently doing Super Heroes set 20% off. They are also discounted from actual MSRP and not TRU inflated price. I pick up Spidey bridge yesterday and also as bonus you get the Bricktober set (pretty lame this year but they make nice Christmas gift). They have some of the older Avengers Ultron set that I never got into so might have to pick up the Quin-jet from that series.

Dean reaction gifs never do get old, do they? ;)

Which reminds me, weren't you gonna do a minifig scale Impala one day? Whatever happened to that project?

Also: I'd TOTALLY buy a Lego Ideas Supernatural set with an Impala and the 2 brothers ( throw Cas or even Crowley in there for kicks too ) With all the recent stuff we're getting you'd think this wouldn't be totally impossible anymore right? Eh i know it's still wishful thinking but one can dream

Dean reaction gifs never do get old, do they? ;)

Which reminds me, weren't you gonna do a minifig scale Impala one day? Whatever happened to that project?

Also: I'd TOTALLY buy a Lego Ideas Supernatural set with an Impala and the 2 brothers ( throw Cas or even Crowley in there for kicks too ) With all the recent stuff we're getting you'd think this wouldn't be totally impossible anymore right? Eh i know it's still wishful thinking but one can dream

Got most of the main body done but started hitting some walls with parts. I was moderately happy with it, but pushed it to the side. I can't remember if I disassembled it or not.

TRU is currently doing Super Heroes set 20% off. They are also discounted from actual MSRP and not TRU inflated price. I pick up Spidey bridge yesterday and also as bonus you get the Bricktober set (pretty lame this year but they make nice Christmas gift). They have some of the older Avengers Ultron set that I never got into so might have to pick up the Quin-jet from that series.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to pickup the Avengers exclusive set from there if it's MSRP and in stock. The tanker and Spidey one.

7scUZpp.jpg

Nice, I just bought a couple of those exact same shelves yesterday to display my stuff.

wetwired

Hehe, looking great, they were made for each other there...

Also: Your Murdock is spot on, not sure about Face though? Something's off, maybe the hair color? 80s Dirk Benedict was more of a dirty blonde/light brownish hair kinda guy. Can't wait for Hannibal :)

Did anyone here try the actual hub world in Dimensions yet? Is the rest of the gang in there in some form? Quest givers etc.?

In dimensions Face is more Medium Orange but all the reference pics looked more brown to me

face-from-a-team-dirk-benedict.jpg

I have another face I've ordered for Murdoch which should be even better when it arrives

wetwired

This was brought to my attention today, makes me think twice about giving away designs for free if people are just gonna turn around and make a quick buck off it.

ghostmind

This was brought to my attention today, makes me think twice about giving away designs for free if people are just gonna turn around and make a quick buck off it.

Lovely. :/

"Inspired by" you, hmm?

Given the current climate, if I was a MOC maker, I wouldn't be sharing my plans/instructions.

In dimensions Face is more Medium Orange but all the reference pics looked more brown to me

face-from-a-team-dirk-benedict.jpg

I have another face I've ordered for Murdoch which should be even better when it arrives

He's actually pretty hard to get right hairwise... I mean just look at this smug mofo:

8zEWNqi.jpg

What do you make of that?

wetwired

Yeah I don't think I'll be giving away instructions again, at least publicly which is a shame as I was hoping to share some of my Lego Batman movie stuff if I get permission to do so

Yeah I don't think I'll be giving away instructions again, at least publicly which is a shame as I was hoping to share some of my Lego Batman movie stuff if I get permission to do so

Just get some legalese together for some of us to sign here before sending it to us. :)

But seriously, that is really messed up. All that work and effort put into that just so someone can come along and monetize it and pass it off as their own work. Just disgusting.

wetwired

Just get some legalese together for some of us to sign here before sending it to us. :)

But seriously, that is really messed up. All that work and effort put into that just so someone can come along and monetize it and pass it off as their own work. Just disgusting.

The site i linked seems small fry, Singapore based and probably not much different than myself with Waller Customs (some guy doing stuff at home)

There's this quote from their Facebook page which was dripping with irony

"Wow! Lepin has turned to MOC designs that Lego rejected! Definitely a huge market out there! Hopefully they have credited and given some sort of royalties to the designers!"

Makes me wonder if a bigger company like Lepin isn't far behind with their own boxed version of Stay Puft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom