• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many years and so many sets, still have trouble with black vs grey in the instructions. -_-

And with the weird lighting in my room, tan/shiny gold 2x1s were also slightly problematic.

BahamutPT

So many years and so many sets, still have trouble with black vs grey in the instructions. -_-

And with the weird lighting in my room, tan/shiny gold 2x1s were also slightly problematic.

Recently had to go back on my TARDIS build because I put in a dark grey instead of black -.-
And don't get me started on metallic silver vs light grey when looking at 1x1 round plates. I sometimes miss that damn twinkle.

papluh

There is a live ticker from the press conference on Nurnberg Toy Fair
http://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-toy-fair-2017-19791/
Instagram feed
https://www.instagram.com/promobricks/

So far the Technic Summer sets are a let down compared to last year's ones.

Edit:
Creator 3in1 Space shuttle, new houses
16122587_1316817968388962_6364247299006136320_n.jpg

16230470_1459774517390637_6614299053733707776_n.jpg

So many years and so many sets, still have trouble with black vs grey in the instructions. -_-.

Same problem. Black is never black, that is the problem.

Thankfully most sets does not have the same piece in dark grey and black, so it is a matter of finding which one do you actually have. But I lost so much time figuring out the first time I am looking for a particular piece in gray just to find out that I should be searching for a black piece.

There is a live ticker from the press conference on Nurnberg Toy Fair
http://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-toy-fair-2017-19791/
Instagram feed
https://www.instagram.com/promobricks/

So far the Technic Summer sets are a let down compared to last year's ones.

Edit:
Creator 3in1 Space shuttle, new houses
[ig]https://instagram.fbts1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/16122587_1316817968388962_6364247299006136320_n.jpg[/img]
[ig]https://instagram.fbts1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/16230470_1459774517390637_6614299053733707776_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzOTkxOTcxMTc0MzAyMzU3Mg%3D%3D.2[/img]

Wow. Love that new Guggenheim in the Architecture series!

This is the one they sell at the museum store.

mclem

Wow. Love that new Guggenheim in the Architecture series!

fiwgKmw.png

That's a massive improvement. Some of the early Architecture models are a bit lacking; the ones that are simple squares are boring, the ones that aren't generally weren't given a generous enough piece count to really evoke the building.

Tom_Cody

LEGO Batman Movie 2017 2H:

WT6O5Nh.jpg

eXgduuf.jpg

c3bCUaR.jpg

sTDiGNp.jpg
Man, there are way too many nice sets on the horizon.

From LBM, I only have the Scuttler so far and I'm definitely going to force myself to wait on any further purchasing decisions until I see the movie. It's kind of devious that they're designing a set for each villain. My plan is to wait to see which are my favorites in the film and then buy my top 2-3.

Some interesting stuff here. THREE new civilian Creator houses in addition to the one we already got. Possibly a cool Space Shuttle. And is that another Cinderella carriage (yay?) and another Ariel set, this time actually based on the movie with her collection?

Tom_Cody

papluh

New kayak mold, black and spotted jaguar, venus flytrap plant mold and I think there is a new big ugly rock piece under the temple
Zusammengebaut18.jpg

_Rob_

It's a shame there's nothing filling the historical theme void these days; pirates, castle, adventurer's etc. I assume there's nothing planned given that there's no sign of them at the Nurnberg Toy Fair as far as I can tell?

ghostmind

The blank box exhibits...

Justice League:

2GHMZMa.jpg

Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok:

mRFVIKk.jpg

Cars 3:

ZLvPPPI.jpg

CMF Series 17 and the LEGO Ninjago Movie CMF:

pyuLwaB.jpg

willp2003

Another look at those creator houses
edit: beaten to it
I like the look of that creator car, and like the F1 other design for it. Will be interesting to see if we get another expert car.

Woah is that car the new yearly big creator car? It's about the same size as the others, 14 studs. Looks pretty decent.

Edit: oh it's a regular creator set. Hmm, interesting theyre making one so big. Wonder if there will still be an expert one

Finally an Architecture Arc de Triumph! And it looks fantastic!

I love buying landmarks that I've actually been too, and my girlfriend is a big fan of the Architecture series.

Ponn

Banned
Some of the stuff is ok like that bus stop and the beach fig pack. Overall so far i'm not as excited as i was last year. TLBM is about the only thing doing it for me so far and unless they have more up the sleeve thats almost done. This year looks to be easy on my wallet which is nice for a change.

Ponn

Banned
Beauty and the Beast BrickHeadz:

SVMrAIs.jpg

8YSzzu4.jpg

What are those tiles on the base? Placeholder tiles? They look out of place. Anyways I know a couple people these would make great Christmas gifts for (yes, i'm one of those that shop all year long). Tempted to get a couple sets of them right away for fear they may be hard to find later. I can't get a good reading on these Brickheadz. I feel like they could go either way sitting on shelves or flying off shelves.

Ponn

Banned
From their press release:

Ah thanks, yea not a really fan of that. The logo is okay i guess but the blaring red number is jarring. Would prefer maybe a printed tile of a logo pertaining to the character like a Disney logo or maybe a Rose for Beauty and the Beast and the Bat symbol for the Batman ones.

Edit: Got my Highlander Batman fig with the free activity book. Should I feel bad about giving my nephews these books I get without the figs? Should I just pitch the book or donate it somewhere, don't even know where to drop off an activity book.

mrkgoo

Shit, I want all the Creator stuff shown. How do we find out when it'll be available? :O

Edit: Man, the new bus stop looks awesome:

citWnsR.jpg

shuttle and car get.

I have a bunch of the creator cars at that size, and they are cool.

some of the ones in that pic are already out where i am. bought the sea plane.

Koren

Beauty and the Beast BrickHeadz:
I really like those twos...

Beside that, I'm not that fond of "normal" sets, they're to crude compared to modulars, but the bus seems a good candidate to populate a modular street.

I may also buy again a shuttle (I bought the recent small one, and I finally bought the large one on its launching ground too, I love those space sets, even if I don't know what to do with those once built).

papluh

For the European peoples, there seems to be quite some number of sets added to the -50% sales section on LEGO Online Shop. They are on backorder with 14/15 February dates. Until (and if) they ship, it can tie in your money, but ... :
- Nexo: King's Mech; Infernox
- SW: Sith Infiltrator; Resistance Troop Transport; FO Snowspeeder; Battle Droid Carrier; General Grievous and some other Constractions
- SH: Quinjet City Chase; Avenjet Space Mission; Heroes of justice; Iron Man vs. Ultron; some Mighty Micros
- Ninjago: City of Stiix; some Airjitsu stuff
- the big box of Duplo :D

Redberyl

Neo Member
Everybody should check out your 99 cent stores. I swung by 3 different ones today and I managed to snag 10 different lego dimension sets. 99 cents each.

Homer, Bart, 2 Chima, 1 Ninjago, Bad Cop, Wicked Witch, Legolas, Gimli, and Golum. Different stores seemed to get different sets in bulk. One of them only had Bart's and Bad Cop. There were tons of them. I think there are some others ones out there, but that's what mine had.

Thanks for posting this! Currently in a bit of a dark age (come back castle/pirates/fancy trains ;_;) but couldn't resist Jurassic Park, Doctor Who, BttF, and Krusty for $1 each.

Ponn

Banned
S@H isn't updating with new sets so I guess there isn't going to be anything new tonight. They have the Y-Wing as coming soon but that is the only new set i've found. Guess I'll just get the Batgirl DC Superhero girl set and a mighty micro set for the free krypto and batman poster tonight. Figure something out for the disco batman giveaway in a week. I still need to pick up the Riddler and Killer Croc sets so probably one of those. I'm still really on the fence with that Arkham Asylum set. The previous one is so much better imo, i literally just want the figs really. I will probably wait till its on Amazon Warehouse deals or something.

Love the space shuttle, blue creator car and bus stop. What's with the Technic range this year? Feels uninspired. Not that it's bad, just average.

I'm still eagerly awaiting the Star Wars one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom