• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean announced

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Anticitizen One said:
What system are the Lego games best to play on?

You'd be better off playing with real Lego than wasting time on the ass-boring Lego games, really.

Also; this shit, wtf is it. They cancelled that other PotC game, the one that actually looked fairly decent, in favour of this? smh

Koomaster

StevePharma said:
2ykzz8i.png

Make it BITCHES :lol
'I haff tvelve legosbrick...'

Pydte

Think I'll skip this. I'm a sucker for collectables, when done the right way, and the LEGO games certainly nail them. However, while I enjoyed Star Wars Complete Saga and Harry Potter, I couldn't get into Batman, nor Indiana.

For me, it boils down to the respective universe. There simply weren't enough variation and depth to the Indiana and Batman universes, at least not how they were presented in the game, whereas Star Wars and Harry Potter were much more varied and diverse.

Unfortunately, I would suspect Pirates to fall in the first category, and thus I'll probably wait for Harry Potter Years 5-7. =)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My nephew loves these games, and I don't mind them, either.

Lego LoTR is the one I'm waiting for.

Edit: Didn't realise this was announced last year.

angelfly

I want to be excited for this but I can't bring myself to it. Star Wars was great and every before Harry Potter was just meh. Hopefully this turns out to be enjoyable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I wonder if this will end up on Steam. All previous Lego games have (excluding LSW1/2 which are in Complete Saga), but this is a Disney game and Disney has been Direct 2 Drive exclusive this far for no particular reason.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is probably the first LEGO game I'm genuinly interested in. I was kinda interested in Indiana Jones, but I never got to buying it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
do disney do digital download for PC? I'd like to get this through steam or similar download service on PC (assuming it'll look better than PS3 and still support offline coop?)

mrklaw said:
do disney do digital download for PC? I'd like to get this through steam or similar download service on PC (assuming it'll look better than PS3 and still support offline coop?)

So far all the LEGO games have been on Steam. Unfortunately though it looks like the PC version has been delayed, both GameSpot and Amazon have it listed for May 24. As for offline coop I couldn't find any information on that but there is a demo for the PC that might show you.

Sh0k

I got the game for the 360 yesterday and my kid was playing for around 3 hours straight and finished the first movie, The Curse of The Black Pearl, he was having a blast.

Can't wait until he goes to school today to play the game :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
flashbandit16 said:
So far all the LEGO games have been on Steam. Unfortunately though it looks like the PC version has been delayed, both GameSpot and Amazon have it listed for May 24. As for offline coop I couldn't find a information on that but there is any demo for the PC that might show you.

nice, thanks for the demo!

I have clone wars from steam, but wondered if it was different because it was disney

mrklaw said:
nice, thanks for the demo!

I have clone wars from steam, but wondered if it was different because it was disney

Oh didn't know that, it looks like it will be available for digital download on Games for Windows going by the web site. So it is possible it will be on Steam too but I can't say that with certainty.

flashbandit16 said:
So far all the LEGO games have been on Steam. Unfortunately though it looks like the PC version has been delayed, both GameSpot and Amazon have it listed for May 24. As for offline coop I couldn't find any information on that but there is a demo for the PC that might show you.

Shame I was planning to get it this week. On May 24th I will be playing Dirt 3...

bumpkin

Tempy said:
Good review from Eurogamer. I wants it. Just have to decide on which platform...
I picked it up on 3DS and it's pretty solid just like LEGO Star Wars III was. My only complaint is that the cinematics are clearly movie clips of the console games' real-time scenes (which I think was true in LEGO Star Wars III too).

V_Ben

Banned
Johnny V's twitter said:
Little known fact about Lego Pirates: Features 15 tracks from the films, but more interestingly all the music from Armada of the Damned.

Hey, at least SOMETHING didn't go to waste from that project :/

V_Ben said:
Hey, at least SOMETHING didn't go to waste from that project :/

That's very interesting. I was wondering where some of the music came from. There seemed to be a new song on the Rum Island that Jack and Elizabeth get marooned on. I bet that was from Armada.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This game is really fantastic so far. I recently finished Lego Star Wars 3 as well, and Pirates has been a major improvement even over that game. Puzzles are far more inventive(way less aimless meandering), and there are several subtle improvements that I wish previous games had.

Big thumbs up. Also absolutely gorgeous on the 360.

Manmedaz

Got it for 3DS too, and I'm kind of shamed because I find the game far too easy and the framerate is really unstable in 3D (it is fine in 2D though). Also, no coop option, just a StreetPass ShiFuMi-like game.

Does anybody know how to purchase the extra characters in the game? When I'm at port I see people walking around with a black silhouette on their head, but I can't figure out how to buy them.

Manmedaz said:
Got it for 3DS too, and I'm kind of shamed because I find the game far too easy and the framerate is really unstable in 3D (it is fine in 2D though). Also, no coop option, just a StreetPass ShiFuMi-like game.
ah, okay. thanks for confirming that. that was why i skipped on Lego Star Wars 3. was hoping they'd tightened up the engine a bit and fixed that, but i guess i'll continue waiting for DOA.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Stormwatch said:
Does anybody know how to purchase the extra characters in the game? When I'm at port I see people walking around with a black silhouette on their head, but I can't figure out how to buy them.

Gotta beat them up until the option to buy appears.

Manmedaz

Stormwatch said:

Well, when in port, you do have 3 buildings to buy various things and see models and stuff like that. In one of them (on the right) you can buy the characters, extras (like bananas for swords), see all the movies you unlocked. The one on the upper left allows you to change your characters' outfits, weapons and special items, and the one on the lower left allows you to see models after collecting the bottles (I have yet to unlock one of those models).

Again, this is for the 3DS version, I don't know about other versions of the game.

ZZMitch

plagiarize said:
ah, okay. thanks for confirming that. that was why i skipped on Lego Star Wars 3. was hoping they'd tightened up the engine a bit and fixed that, but i guess i'll continue waiting for DOA.

Lego Star Wars is fine for me... if Pirates is the same then I will probably be ok with it. It really isn't that noticeable IMO

ZZMitch said:
Lego Star Wars is fine for me... if Pirates is the same then I will probably be ok with it. It really isn't that noticeable IMO
people are sensitive to this stuff in varying degrees. i had a chance to see Lego Star Wars 3 running in 3D and i wasn't happy with the performance, but that's just my take on it.

Brandon F said:
Gotta beat them up until the option to buy appears.

Ah ha! That makes sense. Kinda weird how they just randomly appear. I think I still like that better than scrolling through a bazillion characters like in the Harry Potter game.

Manmedaz

ZZMitch said:

I find it quite noticable, especially since it'll slow down even for no special reason. It really is a shame, and I think dev should always be aiming for a stable framerate in 3D, even if they have to cut a thing or two on the graphic side of the game. Well, early game in the 3DS' life and everything... I guess it'll improve with time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What about Lego Mortal Kombat?

http://twitpic.com/4w1xrc

(I have no idea where this comes from, searched and didn't find anything, looked at it from a tweet from Drew, of GiantBomb video editing fame. It's probably just a character in anothe game. Still pretty cool).

Mohonky

Played the 360 demo tonight, utterly amazed at the visuals. It looks gorgeos, far more so than the previous Lego games and it throws in some more elements than previous titles as well. Really think it might be well worth a look see.

linko9

drizzle said:
What about Lego Mortal Kombat?

http://twitpic.com/4w1xrc

(I have no idea where this comes from, searched and didn't find anything, looked at it from a tweet from Drew, of GiantBomb video editing fame. It's probably just a character in anothe game. Still pretty cool).

It's a screen from their quick look; that's just a random character in Pirates, he just happens to look like Raiden.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
linko9 said:
It's a screen from their quick look; that's just a random character in Pirates, he just happens to look like Raiden.
I didn't see the quicklook yet. It's obviously not MK Lego, but I was really intrigued by the idea.

Think about it, a soft-core Shaolin Monks? It could work. I'll allow it, but only if they re-release or make a new Shaolin Monks.. :D

I got all the way to the end of the Touch of Destiny level in Tia Dalma's hut and there was a glitch that occurred that makes it that I have to start the level over again. I went into the room above her hut and pushed the crate down the hole like you were supposed to. But, the crate never crashed into the floor below. It just disappeared. Now the crate is gone and I can't complete the level. What a pain in the ass!

Chaplain

Stormwatch said:
I got all the way to the end of the Touch of Destiny level in Tia Dalma's hut and there was a glitch that occurred that makes it that I have to start the level over again. I went into the room above her hut and pushed the crate down the hole like you were supposed to. But, the crate never crashed into the floor below. It just disappeared. Now the crate is gone and I can't complete the level. What a pain in the ass!

Which version are you playing?

Top Bottom