• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lenovo’s Legion Go handheld gaming PC ($799) specs leaked, QHD+ screen, Oct release

Darko

Smh even docked games give problems.. I miss my decks simplicity.. someone port steam os Linux to this lol

I miss my old games but new games work great on this.. got gamepass and im downloading everything into my 1.5tb microsd.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

I have it and quickly sold my Ally. I love it. The screen is what does it for me.
Massive leap going from 7' to 8,8' no doubt. Are there any other major differences you felt mattered? For instance the controllers, the d-pad, fan noise and battery length? Do you miss VRR?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Massive leap going from 7' to 8,8' no doubt. Are there any other major differences you felt mattered? For instance the controllers, the d-pad, fan noise and battery length? Do you miss VRR?
I don't notice VRR so I'm not one to ask

software sucks - however they released a patch today and its better and sleeker. Still a long ways to go
I actually found my Ally louder
On my ally i was getting low battery alerts at about 50 minutes. The Go i can get about 1.5-2 hours depending on settings. Max settings about an hour.
I actually do find myself playing table top with the controllers detached quite a bit if I am playing online games with the boys on Series X or PS5, the controllers are a little finnicky though sometimes they will disconnect and you cant wake the system up with them so you have to completely reconnect them and they aren't as easy as switch Joycons.
I also found setup a little harder on this. The ally had two programs that kept everything up to date for you. This one I learned about a BIOS update on reddit and had to go to the site to dowload it. Legion space seems to update itself automatically. I think that will also be patched to be an easier experience.

Darko

I saw a video with someone using the gyros on only the right controller… if it can be used as a mouse .. purchase redeemed

Darko

I have it and quickly sold my Ally. I love it. The screen is what does it for me.
Starting to love mine… once I got over the incompatibility of some games it’s a really amazing device… tablet mode is *chefs kiss*

I have a tablet mount in my car.. I played a bunch today on my lunch breaks

Probly won’t use handheld mode much.. except on the couch..kind of heavy to use..

Smh even docked games give problems.. I miss my decks simplicity.. someone port steam os Linux to this lol

I miss my old games but new games work great on this.. got gamepass and im downloading everything into my 1.5tb microsd.

Most smaller panels like this are made with phones and tablets in mind, hence being native portrait. I have no idea where Asus sourced their panel for the ROG Ally that is landscape native because those are unicorns. These are tiny niche devices so it's hard to imagine anybody specifically making landscape native panels just for these handhelds unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom