• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Star Trek Voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible OP.

Janeway was rubbish and the ship was not a looker.

The Doctor, Seven and Tuvok are the only good characters. The rest are middling - Chakotay - to poor - Paris, Kim, Janeway, Torres - or "shoot me so I don't have to watch any more" terrible - Neelix.

Exactly, I said it in the last voyager thread, Janeway was a dumb captain if her character was better written voyager would have been a really great show.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I think Voyager is at it's best whenever the Borg show up, or whenever they have a 2-parter. Show has some awesome 2 parters.

Voyager was great I really liked it.

It had some amazing episodes.

Like with Q and The Borg.

Really? I thought voyager ruined the borg, and Q only had one good episode (Death Wish). Mind you, in Captain Janeway they did create an evil menance far worse then the borg ever were

Jacobi

Banned
Shiiit, we're all alone in the delta quadrant.
Computer, a frappuccino and a cheesecake please. And then I'll guess I'll go into the holodeck and load up Irish erotica...

Voyager started a lot of cool things but didn't execute them properly... The Maquis was never used, episodes like Hell showed how good the show could have been if grittier and with real consequences... Of course I still liked the show because I was young but after all it was a worse TNG I would say. Like a TNG that only consists of the worst episodes of TNG. The Doctor was cool tho.

I liked the show. It seemed more light hearted than most of the earlier shows. I REALLY hated that neelix character, though. The way that actor spoke was so irritating.

I liked it. It gets good after season 3. There are a few good episodes in season 1 to 3...like the one where dinos link their genes to earth. 7of9 made the show better

Of course it has big problems (ship repairing itself, unlimited resources etc)

I just started rewatching the show on Netflix with some reluctance. aIm up to season six now. The show is better than I remember. But I hate the Harry episodes still. And I realized in Equinox what a damn hypocrite Janeway truly is. Picard would never resort to the petty shit she did.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Voyager was so bad.

I was such a Star Trek fan that I kept watching but at the same time knew they were running the whole damn thing into the ground. Any tropes or cliches Star Trek had they basically touched on and made it seems worse, there was nothing bold or creative, everything was played safe. The whole thing was such a disappointment and Neelix, fuck I hated him. Hated him with a passion.

You said it man. You said it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
overall, voyager isn't really that great. there are good episodes, but its definitely the worst of all of them.

any episode that focuses on the doctor is a keeper, outside of a few janeway eps. The ones that Tuvok or Paris direct (not the focus) are usually pretty good, too.

DS9 is such a tremendously higher quality show overall. There are a few Voyager-esque episodes but overall its about as good as TNG or better.

I liked Enterprise a little bit more than Voyager, season 3 of Enterprise was definitely way better.

DS9 is such a tremendously higher quality show overall. There are a few Voyager-esque episodes but overall its about as good as TNG or better.
I liked Enterprise a little bit more than Voyager, season 3 of Enterprise was definitely way better.

Totally agreed.

Xindi wars arc in Enterprise was really awesome

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Totally agreed.

Xindi wars arc in Enterprise was really awesome

it was cool, but i wish it didnt spend a whole season on it. when i was watching season 3, that's what i wanted out of Enterprise -- more of the old races and how they work together and stuff, not necessarily exploring all the time.

The only character I really loved in that show was The Doctor played by Robert Picardo. He was literally the only reason I would watch it. The inclusion of the EMH in the movie made me extremely happy.
Harry Kim didn't bother me, he was likeable.
I suppose 7of9 had her moments every now and then.
Everyone else I didn't care for.

As for Enterprise, I liked the crew as a whole better than the Voyager crew as a whole, but nobody really stood out to me like the Doctor did in Voyager. T'Pol was fantastic eye candy I guess I could say. Everyone was likeable enough but the series didn't get good until the second half. Phlox was a bit awkward I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom