• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
I kind of love that this thread is absolutely the wrong place to post dumb assertions about "how music is today". Like, we have people with good taste here.

Kevyt

I didnt say it 3 times so where all good.
Fuck i stayed up to late again.

Me too.

I have failed yet again at going to bed at an appropriate time before it is too late to get the appropriate amount of sleep my body requires.

;___;

I kind of love that this thread is absolutely the wrong place to post dumb assertions about "how music is today". Like, we have people with good taste here.

YAASSSS!

CHER ROCKS!!!!

How about you post your top 5 favorite songs (potentially with brief descriptions of what you like)? People will better understand where you're coming from and what you've been trying to say and may even be able to recommend you more music (old or new) you might not already know.
Ok:
1) Caramelldansen - Caramell (not the sped-up version)
2) Barbie Girl - Aqua
3) Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
4) Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom!! - Vengaboys
5) Another Night - Real McCoy

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Ok:
2) Barbie Girl - Aqua

Awesome. Do you like dancing to these?

I think I know and enjoy 2, 3, and 4 (and potentially the others if I were to look them up).

Kevyt

Ok:
2) Barbie Girl - Aqua

1. TRASH!
2. OKAY, I LIKE AQUA TOO!
3. BLACK EYE PEAS DID A BETTER VERSION OF IT
4. MEH!!!
5. zzzZzz, ZZZzzz

YOUR LIST SUCKS! EXCEPT FOR AQUA...

BUT BOOOO!!!!

👎👎

Awesome. Do you like dancing to these?

I think I know and enjoy 2, 3, and 4 (and potentially the others if I were to look them up).
You are so nice, Kirby. It is so refreshing to see such a nice person. Anyway, occasionally I'll dance to them, but usually I just listen recreationally.
Depeche Mode in there. Taste SLIGHTLY redeemed.

Never cared for that song tho.
I like many of their songs, but this is my favorite by them. :p
Never Be Alone.

How's that one Pample?

Thank You DotaWataFuk for reintroducing me to Electro.
It's okay. I like her high-pitched voice. I prefer the sound of older synthesizers and like riffs in songs.

Kevyt

You are so nice, Kirby. It is so refreshing to see such a nice person. Anyway, occasionally I'll dance to them, but usually I just listen recreationally.

I like many of their songs, but this is my favorite by them. :p

It's okay. I like her high-pitched voice. I prefer the sound of older synthesizers and like riffs in songs.

I'M ALSO NICE!

xoxoxox

I don't like them.

:p

This aint real life!
lanadelrey9euh8.gif

I like Eurodance/Europop, New Wave, and Synth-pop. Music styles I enjoy aren't being made today, so I have no problem saying that music sucks now.

I could teach you music but I got ADD and time to kill (later)

Music is like a box of chocolate. You never know what I'll link and it's better if you don't have a peanut allergy.
Apologize to anyone on mobile with embed on

Lost Years - 36 times Ver2
Lowfish - things fall apart
The Human League - Austerity / Girl One
Blipblop - Sista Vilan
Maehtelvin - Plan B
Chris Wonderful - History (Asko mix)
CFCF - Raining Patterns
Autumn - Behind you
Jacno - Rectangle
Cat5 - Stretch and Bend
Amispoppia - Please Dont Go (Yanny Feat. Gollum Remix)
DJ HIGHDUKE - BREAK YOUR HEART

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Well that's a nice thing to say! Thank you. I don't think I'm necessarily nice on here, especially compared to others. I'd say, rather, that I'm mostly straightforward and dry on GAF, despite my persona in my IRL friendships often being heavily sarcastic, joking, teasing, and quick to insult. I just try to avoid that with (compatible) people until I'm certain the person completely knows I'm kidding, and it's even more difficult with written text because of how cold it can come across. So I tend to play it safe on GAF.

Last question about your music consumption: what does music provide you? Is it amusement, relaxation, emotional exploration, artistic inspiration, etc.? This question could also be understood as "why do you listen to music?"

Lmao. Sorry I only like interesting music!

No, I'm not sure how to describe it. It's just random noises with no organization, kind of like jazz. It's really dull and uninteresting. It wouldn't be stuck in your head after hearing it.

I know I'm late to the party but your opinions on what other people consider good music is trash. Don't be that guy and bring in that conversation about "current music being terrible" into this thread, people here actually have really good taste. I scream every time some basic bitch on OT makes a thread about this very subject, because it's just plain wrong.

Squarepusher makes some of the best electronic jazz music, a lot of it is extremely random or may come off as unorganized, but his skill and craft are unmatched. You don't have to have an amazing pop hook to be considered interesting.

dude what the fuck

you cant dance to this?

if you can't feel that bassline and drum kit all the way through, i genuinely pity you

I can pretty much dance or groove to anything. Been listening to that new Porches record and while it's really low key, the bass lines always make me wanna dance along to it.

https://youtu.be/1ssQqfuaKRY
This track is my everything!!!

berzeli

Banned
Ok:
2) Barbie Girl - Aqua

Dude. Dude. Duuuuuuuude.
I'm not going to give you way too much shit for your taste (there has been ample of that already). But complaining about "living at the wrong time" when you wouldn't have heard your no. 1 track if it wasn't for you living right now is way too funny.

I can't remember where you're from, but unless you're Swedish you wouldn't have heard Caramelldansen when it was released in 2001. It wasn't a hit here, the Eurotrash wave was (thankfully) dying out, and it wasn't even released outside of Sweden at the time. The only reason you know of it is because it ended up being a stupid meme on 4chan.

And I know I said I shouldn't, but like, that is some bottom tier eurotrash. Get on my level.

We still posting thread titles for the new thread? If so here's my contribution.

LGBT8: The gayest sandwich ever!

anyone who doesn't laugh has no sense of humor

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Throw more suggestions for the OT titles ladies and gentlemen.

We have these so far.
OT8:prEPare yourself
OT8: Once More Unto the Britches
OT8: Pick A Number Between 0 and 6
OT8:The gayest sandwich ever!
OT8: Success: Climbing over the bottoms to get to the top
OT8: The Divorce

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Was The Divorce not a serious suggestion? I kind of liked it.

LOL I was serious but forgot about it. Let me add it to the list. I hope people start saying which one they like the most since the OT is pretty much done and should be going up once these last 2 pages (or 1 if 100ppp) are done.

Last question about your music consumption: what does music provide you? Is it amusement, relaxation, emotional exploration, artistic inspiration, etc.? This question could also be understood as "why do you listen to music?"
I listen to music to numb/escape. That's why most of the music I listen to is extremely happy/silly. I don't like sad or serious music.
Dude. Dude. Duuuuuuuude.
I'm not going to give you way too much shit for your taste (there has been ample of that already). But complaining about "living at the wrong time" when you wouldn't have heard your no. 1 track if it wasn't for you living right now is way too funny.

I can't remember where you're from, but unless you're Swedish you wouldn't have heard Caramelldansen when it was released in 2001. It wasn't a hit here, the Eurotrash wave was (thankfully) dying out, and it wasn't even released outside of Sweden at the time. The only reason you know of it is because it ended up being a stupid meme on 4chan.
You're from Sweden? I'd like to congratulate you on being the second best country in the world when it comes to music output! Denmark gets the top spot. Anyway, what you call "Eurotrash," which is a term I wouldn't use bc most people use that to describe Eurotrance songs, is my favorite style of music. (Aqua, Crispy, Hit'n'Hide, Toy-Box, Vengaboys, Bambee, Miss Papaya, Smile.dk, Dr. Bombay, etc,) As you said, it was dying out by 2001, so my favorite type of music isn't being made anymore.

I listen to music to numb/escape. That's why most of the music I listen to is extremely happy/silly. I don't like sad or serious music.

You're from Sweden? I'd like to congratulate you on being the second best country in the world when it comes to music output! Denmark gets the top spot. Anyway, what you call "Eurotrash," which is a term I wouldn't use bc most people use that to describe Eurotrance songs, is my favorite style of music. (Aqua, Crispy, Hit'n'Hide, Toy-Box, Vengaboys, Bambee, Miss Papaya, Smile.dk, Dr. Bombay, etc,) As you said, it was dying out by 2001, so my favorite type of music isn't being made anymore.

Can't disagree Sweden is one of the best places for music. iamamiwhoami is leading the pack in terms of quality output. Iceland used to be up there, on Bjork, Mum and Sigur Ros alone.

Thank you!

Any of you on Prep?

I'm really questioning the 99% part though... 🤔
For what it's worth, if the other person is positive and taking their meds reguarly, it should be even lower. PreP is basically one (or was it two?) different hiv meds used to treat an HIV positive person (normal HIV meds today use 3). If their regular then their viral load should be lower which makes spreading the disease harder even before you factor in PreP.

Of course, if you're in doubt, you can always use condoms as well for even more protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom