• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Eh not doing it for me. He looks like an ageing, straight male stripper who's passed his prime and had too many late nights but still working the circuit. Also his feet/legs look really weird in the .gif.
raw

Insulting husbandos is over the line!

The animation in that scene is a bit off tho, I'll give you that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

For a game that usually has great animation this is pretty damn awful. It looks almost as if it were someone else legs with the way they animate and how disconnected they look from the torso. Next game (if another happens) get an actor naked to do the animation and mocap that shit.

Sibylus

Banned
For a game that usually has great animation this is pretty damn awful. It looks almost as if it were someone else legs with the way they animate and how disconnected they look from the torso. Next game (if another happens) get an actor naked to do the animation and mocap that shit.
It really does look like the torso is cut off and the legs are a separate model. The latter's motion doesn't affect the former at all.

KmA

"
Take the time to be aware that getting outraged about outrage is the outrage culture you're outraged about"

Lmao that was the perfect way to close that Zoe Quinn thread. Like... calling her a narcissist??? Really? Some of the guys on here are so oblivious to their own misogyny it's amazing.

"
Take the time to be aware that getting outraged about outrage is the outrage culture you're outraged about"

Lmao that was the perfect way to close that Zoe Quinn thread. Like... calling her a narcissist??? Really? Some of the guys on here are so oblivious to their own misogyny it's amazing.

I do not envy that woman one bit. Insane what a blog post from a jilted ex-lover can start.

EDIT: People who bitch about Outrage Culture remind me of that one person in every reality TV show that drones on about how they hate "drama" but are the biggest shit-stirrers on screen.

You all might appreciate this article about making video games about gay sex and putting them on Steam: http://steamed.kotaku.com/it-s-not-easy-putting-a-gay-sex-game-on-steam-1782457390
I've bought a bunch of Robert Yang games. They're generally interesting.

Rinse and Repeat is Animal Crossing meetup scheduling except instead of a town it's a gym shower and instead of animal people it's an otter. I got up at 5am or something one of the days for it.
Hurt Me Plenty is a spanking game where you negotiate boundaries first and you get feedback afterwards and punishment for violating the boundaries with not being able to play it for a while.
Cobra Club is a dick pic sharing app simulator.
Intimate, Infinite appears to be three somehow-connected different mini-games that I've been playing occasionally lately trying to figure it all out.
Shapeshit is a game I played the free browser version of, where you aim poop at targets for some reason.

https://radiatoryang.itch.io/

Gay, and male. Though it seems most of my celebrity crushes are girls... unless we're counting fictional characters as celebrities.
Fictional crushes yay.

I pretty much have just one celebrity crush, J.D. Williams. Since Kenny Wangler on Oz, through with Bodie on The Wire, to the occasional Dexter on The Good Wife.

Veeboy

Dont worry they removed most of the fanservice
Believe me I am aware. I've avoided getting more information on this game for a while since every thread on it seems to devolve into censorship debates. I read a few reviews and watched a few videos though and have decided to preorder. I've been yearning to play a traditioinal turn based RPG since I've been mainly marathoning the Souls series for the past month or so.

"

Oh no, is there something new in this fucked up saga or is it just the same old crap being rehashed.
I've been watching unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Lillian is definitely my spirit animal.
Titus is everything I am and everything I aspire to be.

It was neat to find out he graduated from the same college as me.

3phemeral

Eh, turns out gay dating sites are basically the same as all others. No one ever replies.

I think you'd have to wait longer than a few days to make any decent connections. Early on, you're probably getting people who are quick to hookup.

hKTXeh2.gif

If you're really diligent about making new friends, keep at it and take some time to foster a friendship. People who are impatient will give themselves up quickly, while others looking for the same thing as you will likely be happy to continue a friendly conversation. No need to rush. If you're looking for quality, quality takes time.

JCX

Surely you can appreciate that most people would have different expectation from using say... Grindr vs using OKcupid/Match.com/Eharmony/ChristianMingle?

Well, yeah. Grindr is the only one of those listed that actually has a sizeable, active gay male population in my experience.

I hope you're happy with the change. :)

Oh, I am! I've been wanting a flat chest for nearly 12 years now. This is a really great 24th birthday gift. The surgeon was really cute, btw. 😍 I was kind of embarrassed when I first met him two months ago for consultation, but thankfully he thought it was because I was nervous showing my chest to people.

Edit: Here's a video of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHotuXvZ4k
Thanks!

Eh not doing it for me. He looks like an ageing, straight male stripper who's passed his prime and had too many late nights but still working the circuit. Also his feet/legs look really weird in the .gif.

raw

Insulting husbandos is over the line!

The animation in that scene is a bit off tho, I'll give you that.

It really does look like the torso is cut off and the legs are a separate model. The latter's motion doesn't affect the former at all.

Yes thank you. Glad I'm not the only one seeing that. It creeps me out.

DOWN

Banned
Witcher 3 feels like a poorly cultured, derivative, anatomy humor, pulp fantasy from a sub-AAA developer. All that considered it's still good, but there's not much interesting about it visually.

Well, yeah. Grindr is the only one of those listed that actually has a sizeable, active gay male population in my experience.

Are you doing this bit on purpose? Or do you actually not get what I'm saying about the difference between wanting to date with the intention of entering a long term relationship (Christian Mingle) vs wanting to use an app to find a casual no-strings hookup (Grindr)?

Also did you mistype when you said that all dating sites were hookup apps? Because I can see saying that all hookup apps are dating apps, just with a different timeframe. But the reverse makes it sound a bit like you think hooking up is the only thing in a relationship.

JCX

Are you doing this bit on purpose? Or do you actually not get what I'm saying about the difference between wanting to date with the intention of entering a long term relationship (Christian Mingle) vs wanting to use an app to find a casual no-strings hookup (Grindr)?

Also did you mistype when you said that all dating sites were hookup apps? Because I can see saying that all hookup apps are dating apps, just with a different timeframe. But the reverse makes it sound a bit like you think hooking up is the only thing in a relationship.

I've gone on dates and hookups from multiple apps across the gay app spectrum. Now the norms of each app may differ, but you can hook up with someone from CM and you can find the love of your life on grindr. Just because the norm is one thing doesn't mean it's the only thing, which seems to be your opinion.

And to clarify. I didn't just say all dating apps are hook-up apps. I said they all are, just in a different time scale.

You also must recognize that I'm purely talking about gay male dating. It's not just a grindr/not grindr dichotomy. For instance, where would you place something like tinder or scruff?

This isn't a bit, it's my perspective from using more apps and sites than I'd care to admit. When you're dealing with a small population in an area that isn't one of a few major cities, a lot of the same people are on the same apps. I have an OKC and grindr. So does that mean I wouldn't hook up with someone from OKC or say no to dating someone on grindr just because the norms of those apps differ? Of course not.

Ok but what does "all dating apps are hookup apps just in a different timescale" mean? Because to me that implies that you think gay men don't really successfully date long term.

So I just wanted to vent a lil bit

So I came out to my mom a while ago, but I haven't to the rest of my family / friends back home. And I know they won't care. They love me. They've always been there for me. I have a really solid support system and I know that.

Why the fuck am I terrified? I feel like I should be proud, and happy, and excited at the possibility of being able to be with someone openly (met this girl, she's pretty great, more on that eventually). I dunno. I want to do it but every time I try I can't find the words.

Like, shit. One of my best friends is bi too and no one gives two flying fucks. I haven't even told her.

So I came out to my mom a while ago, but I haven't to the rest of my family / friends back home. And I know they won't care. They love me. They've always been there for me. I have a really solid support system and I know that.

Why the fuck am I terrified? I feel like I should be proud, and happy, and excited at the possibility of being able to be with someone openly (met this girl, she's pretty great, more on that eventually). I dunno. I want to do it but every time I try I can't find the words.

Like, shit. One of my best friends is bi too and no one gives two flying fucks. I haven't even told her.
It will all happen in its own time. There's no one way it should be progressing.
I hope for the best with the girl also.

It's a pretty scary thing to come forward with. When you spend such a long time hiding a crucial part of yourself the thought of finally being open can be excruciating. I myself only came out to my mother late last year. She was accepting, I can tell she was a bit uncomfortable with it at first because of her upbringing, but she made it very clear that she still loves me all the same and after the Orlando shooting we had a very heartfelt discussion about discrimination.

Be glad that you're surrounded by people that you know will still love once you finally decide to come out. You shouldn't feel rushed about it all, but I think you should talk to your bi friend first. It can help having someone in a similar situation as you to help yourself feel more comfortable.

dawgparty

Ok but what does "all dating apps are hookup apps just in a different timescale" mean? Because to me that implies that you think gay men don't really successfully date long term.

Yeah, you're definitely misinterpreting. They meant that either you fuck now or fuck later(after a few "dates").

KmA

Aww everyone feels this way tbh. It's not like you're telling them something inconsequential, this is a huge part of your identity. No matter how you think they'll react, there is always the feeling that they might react negatively. It's scary to confront let alone think about.

But you do you. There's no perfect time or anything like that. Just do whatever you think is best for your wellbeing / happiness.

Oh, I am! I've been wanting a flat chest for nearly 12 years now. This is a really great 24th birthday gift. The surgeon was really cute, btw. 😍 I was kind of embarrassed when I first met him two months ago for consultation, but thankfully he thought it was because I was nervous showing my chest to people.

Edit: Here's a video of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHotuXvZ4k

Thanks!
Happy 24th birthday whether it's two months ago or today or some other time. :)

JCX

Just because something begins with a hookup, doesn't mean it will stay that way.

Gay dating norms differ from lesbian dating norms differ from straight dating norms.

You seem to think that because grindr is billed as a hookup app, only hookups can come out of it, which is simply not true. I've gone on multiple grindr dates that didn't end in hookups, just normal dates. The app doesn't determine the outcome of the interaction.

Dany

Banned
There are married couples who met up on Grindr.

It's rare but it happens.

I met my boyfriend on grindr, nearly 2 years ago.

We talked for a couple days and then planned a night of bar hopping in boystown. Now we're planning to move in together.

It is easier to meet fuck buddies, one night stands and hook ups through the app. But it's also how your profile is set up and how you talk to people I guess? Or maybe that one night stand starts becoming a steady thing and suddenly you're at his place cooking pasta?!?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
All I've ever heard about Grindr is the stereotype: headless torsos with profile descriptions detailing sexual preferences.

Is it possible to be successful on Grindr with the intent of finding a relationship while not looking for a hookup (and not really open to it) and not showing skin? Or will that just be met with "Why are you on Grindr?"

DOWN

Banned
I've heard of couples starting on Grindr but neither of them were expecting to find that on Grindr nd they often say 'don't try it!'

Berordn

Is it possible to be successful on Grindr with the intent of finding a relationship while not looking for a hookup (and not really open to it) and not showing skin? Or will that just be met with "Why are you on Grindr?"

You're going to get a lot of the latter, because the app and community is centered around hookups.

That's not to say you can't meet people and make friends on it, but it's definitely not where I'd start looking.

Tuck

All I've ever heard about Grindr is the stereotype: headless torsos with profile descriptions detailing sexual preferences.

Apparently its possible.

But in my experience, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom