• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P Studio Has Received Various 'Offers' for Movie, Television Adaptation

Draugoth

Gold Member
lies-of-p-movie-theater-game-rant-3.jpg

Via GameRant
We asked if there were any plans to expand Lies of P beyond video games, and Choi spoke on behalf of the team, citing how the success of the game wouldn't be possible with the fans' love for the world and the story of Lies of P. He also explains there are stories they crafted and wanted that they could not introduce in the game, and knowing fan hopes for those are high is likely a huge confidence boost for the team. So is the fact that many fans and other companies would be interested in seeing Lies of P expand into a TV show, a movie, or so forth, with offers being on the table:

"There sure are stories we could not introduce in the game, and I think it makes players wonder if Round8 Studio is willing to unfold those stories in different forms of media. We have received offers from various parties about it already."

Of course, Choi stopped short from detailing what these offers included or if the team was seriously considering or had even considered any of them. Choi was very clear that the Lies of P dev team was hard at work on DLC and a sequel, with those likely taking priority. That said, Choi did say that the studio is exploring options in continuing the story of Lies of P after commenting on the offers:

It is too early to share any detailed plan for it now. However, I believe we can say that the Studio is exploring options to continue the story of Lies of P in a positive way.

Kurotri

I'm all for it. Most people probably love it for the gameplay and all, but I loved the world and story as well. Just all around a fantastic game from start to finish. But yeah, sequels first please.

yurinka

Sony has a gazillion movie/tv adaptations of game IPs, including third party ones. They are also signing a lot of deals with Japanesese/Chinese/Korean game companies, so I assume they may asked them about games+movies deals as rumored.

Last edited:

Puscifer

I'm sure after Mario we're going to start seeing more video game adaptations from directors and writers who are entering the film business who played games and have a good idea on how to adapt them. Even though the plot should've gone through a revision or two I still hold Silent Hill to be best one but they sure did make a couple of really stupid moves in that movie

MiguelItUp

I'd be down, I loved the game quite a bit. Best FromSoft-like but not FromSoft title that I have ever played, personally. I'm glad it did as well as it did, it really is something special, especially from such a small studio.

kiphalfton

I mean I guess, but he has more of a "square" jaw/chin, compared to Pinocchio.

I'm still convinced Pinocchio looks more like the mom from Dune:

DU-RF-0209r-crop-41832c0e02c44aa38e46cf72c02e8f13.jpg

oVxOoP4w_400x400.jpg

Their kid would probably look exactly like Pinocchio though. I guess that means Timothy and Rebecca need to get to it, assuming they didn't already do so while shooting dune.

Last edited:

Roberts

Game was too hard to play, But it wasn't too hard to look at.
Man, I'm not very good at these games at all. As much as I enjoyed most of From Software games, I never completed any of them and yet, I'm at the last boss right now (or one before the last) and even though it took me twice as long to get there compared to more skilled players, I totally don't regret my choice to stick around. It's a great game. Not saying you should give it another chance, but if I can beat it, most people can.

Man, I'm not very good at these games at all. As much as I enjoyed most of From Software games, I never completed any of them and yet, I'm at the last boss right now (or one before the last) and even though it took me twice as long to get there compared to more skilled players, I totally don't regret my choice to stick around. It's a great game. Not saying you should give it another chance, but if I can beat it, most people can.
I completed Elden Ring. I feel I've met my quota on this type of punishing game. I've learned they are just nice to look at, which would make a movie or tv series great.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I mean I guess, but he has more of a "square" jaw/chin, compared to Pinocchio.

I'm still convinced Pinocchio looks more like the mom from Dune:

DU-RF-0209r-crop-41832c0e02c44aa38e46cf72c02e8f13.jpg

oVxOoP4w_400x400.jpg

Their kid would probably look exactly like Pinocchio though. I guess that means Timothy and Rebecca need to get to it, assuming they didn't already do so while shooting dune.

Sarcastic Mixed Martial Arts GIF by UFC

I'd watch that movie tho

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
We asked if there were any plans to expand Lies of P beyond video games, and Choi spoke on behalf of the team, citing how the success of the game wouldn't be possible with the fans' love for the world and the story of Lies of P. He also explains there are stories they crafted and wanted that they could not introduce in the game, and knowing fan hopes for those are high is likely a huge confidence boost for the team. So is the fact that many fans and other companies would be interested in seeing Lies of P expand into a TV show, a movie, or so forth, with offers being on the table:

Of course, Choi stopped short from detailing what these offers included or if the team was seriously considering or had even considered any of them. Choi was very clear that the Lies of P dev team was hard at work on DLC and a sequel, with those likely taking priority. That said, Choi did say that the studio is exploring options in continuing the story of Lies of P after commenting on the offers:
timothée Chalamet must be the protagonist.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Really? There was nothing original about the game. It was just Bloodborne mixed with Italian culture.

If it's that easy to get film and TV deals by being completely unoriginal then I'm in the wrong line of work.

Top Bottom