• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P will have 3 endings

Draugoth

Gold Member
lies-of-p-banner.png

The upcoming Bloodborne-inspired Soulslike Lies of P features three endings for players to experience, just like Bloodborne itself.

Speaking to IGN at gamescom 2023, game director Ji-Won Choi said players will encounter different endings depending on the decisions they make throughout the game. Lies of P, perhaps unsurprisingly, features a lying system, and the extent of players' lies throughout the game will determine which ending they receive.

The lies in the game are not only lies that you are fooling others [with] but also white lies you have to do to make others feel better. You have to understand others' emotions to make a decision so [we] want users to feel how they would as a human in the game, and it will show in the ending.
There are three different endings and if you get to the end of the story there's a big surprise, a twist, waiting for you. The decisions that you made throughout the game will lead you to endings, so it's not something that you have to pick at the ending, it will lead you throughout the game."

Choi also suggested there won't be obvious story paths for players to follow to achieve each ending, but instead there will seemingly be unclear consequences to players' decisions that won't unfold until later.

Doom85

Wait, exactly 3 endings? Well, isn‘t that awfully familiar?! Just how much more are they going to rip off from Bloodborne?!

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

JK, demo was fun, and I’m looking forward to this, after finishing Baldur’s Gate 3 of course.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fbh

Amateur move.
You have to make real time cutscenes that show your weapons, then you claim each variant where the main character just has a different weapon is a different ending.
Bam: "100 endings!!!!"

Last edited:
Wait, exactly 3 endings? Well, isn‘t that awfully familiar?! Just how much more are they going to rip off from Bloodborne?!

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

JK, demo was fun, and I’m looking forward to this, after finishing Baldur’s Gate 3 of course.
Ehh.... if I am not mistaken that trend started with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. All the Souls games had 3 or so endings since the beginning of time. It's not exclusive to Bloodborne. Elden Ring also has 3 endings.

Last edited:
“Only” huh??? Was there word on multiple endings

Are we supposed to be upset about this lol

Sorry double posted, not sure why?

Last edited:

Thabass

Only? How dare only have three! I can't believe how LAZY they are!

If you can't tell this is sarcasm, you need help

Last edited:

Fake

Funny how they need to mention Bloodborne just to get your attention.

Reminds me the famouns 'From the creators of Left 4 Dead' tag.

Soodanim

Why give away something like that? I can't imagine it would bring in (m)any new players, so all you're doing is annoying people that didn't want or need to know that.

Top Bottom