• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FFXIII screenshots and extended Jump Festa trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Found all the characters beyond Luffy to be insufferable and the rogue gallery to be as impressive as Superman's (not a good thing btw). It started off great in the beginning but after that Captain Kuro arc and that Desert arc thing I couldn't take it anymore. I heard it gets much much better in the later ark but its years too late for me. Not trying to play catch up.

EDIT: Deadman Wonderland coming back January!? HELL YEAH! HNNNG!!

That just means you can pummel straight through the story without the agonizing week-long wait to find out what happens. The penultimate moments are so fucking good.

On topic I wish they would just let go of the ATB system. It's stifling to have action costs separated so cleanly and discretely among 6 time slots, making the power of abilities also be separated equitably among cost. It seems what they want to do would be better suited as an action RPG ala Kingdom Hearts.

Goli

That just means you can pummel straight through the story without the agonizing week-long wait to find out what happens. The penultimate moments are so fucking good.

On topic I wish they would just let go of the ATB system. It's stifling to have action costs separated so cleanly and discretely among 6 time slots, making the power of abilities also be separated equitably among cost. It seems what they want to do would be better suited as an action RPG ala Kingdom Hearts.

Um, they already let go of the ATB system, or at least FFXIII's version of it.

duckroll

So now we are ragging on Bleach now too? :(

Bleach is freaking awesome. Probably sucks watching the anime with all those shitty fillers though.

I dislike One Piece personally. Never tried Jojo before.

Only shonens I've been reading lately is Naruto, Bleach and Claymore (this is shonen right?).

"Fans of Final Fantasy XIII also like Bleach, and dislike One Piece" <-- this should be at the back of the box for Lightning Returns. :D

Esura

Banned
Wtf, is this a spoiler? Quincy Powers?

Read the newer issues of this supposedly "final" arc. :p

"Fans of Final Fantasy XIII also like Bleach, and dislike One Piece" <-- this should be at the back of the box for Lightning Returns. :D

Yeah, it will boost it's sales in NA.

I dislike both so...

Speaking of which, Caius just won the award on gameinformer as the best RPG nemesis of the year:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...2-rpg-of-the-year-awards.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

They misspell his name in my copy of GI though. Kaius.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
At least he's now ripping off stuff that's of similar quality to his own series. :p
tumblr_mebxo1996f1rjjf69o1_500.gif

Did this already got posted in here?
Does that mean two to four physical days or actually 24-48 hours?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Does that mean two to four physical days or actually 24-48 hours?

I don't think there will be any surprise here, the game will probably be long as most of RPGs and jRPGs in this generation. That means 18/20 hrs by rushing it, 27/30+ by doing all the rest. As for me, I don't care for the lenght as long as the game is entertaining all the way. And with the first open world (and interactive enviroment coming with it) in a Final Fantasy... consider me already entertained.

LuuKyK

Ugh... whats with these comparisons? ~_~

Anyway...

Anyone feels like guessing in which month this game is going to be launched? The game is currently, what, 50% complete or more? Maybe July or August? Later?

How much of a difference will it be between the Japanese and the US/EU release? Basing this on the XIII-2 release it should be a month, tops. Right?

Also when will they place XIV? Anyway, I think that with LR and XIV out of the way, 2014 will probably, and finally, be Versus year then... or not. x_x

Perfo

Anyone feels like guessing in which month this game is going to be launched? The game is currently, what, 50% complete or more? Maybe July or August? Later?

I'm pretty sure the game will be out in December in Japan and January in the west (a delay that exists solely for marketing reasons). A Realm Reborn instead will hit the market in August or September .

Esura

Banned

How much of a difference will it be between the Japanese and the US/EU release? Basing this on the XIII-2 release it should be a month, tops. Right?

Also when will they place XIV? Anyway, I think that with LR and XIV out of the way, 2014 will probably, and finally, be Versus year then... or not. x_x

Well, they already have an English trailer so I don't think it would be too much of a wait between the Japanese and the US/EU release. They are probably working on the localization during development. It might be like FFXIII-2's release, so like you said a month. I'm thinking it will release around 2013 Holiday time in Japan too.

Toth

I don't think there will be any surprise here, the game will probably be long as most of RPGs and jRPGs in this generation. That means 18/20 hrs by rushing it, 27/30+ by doing all the rest. As for me, I don't care for the lenght as long as the game is entertaining all the way. And with the first open world (and interactive enviroment coming with it) in a Final Fantasy... consider me already entertained.

Nah Perfo, I would say 12 was open world first. As for release period, I would wager the end of the summer.

Perfo

Nah Perfo, I would say 12 was open world first. .

That's not open at all... every area has borders and it's virtually detached from any other. It's more like connected "areas" than open world. I expect something more like Dragon's Dogma from LR.

No way this game isn't released worldwide before October.

They don't have any other big hit for christmas in Japan, and DQ7, ARR ect. will be already out from months. Now, unless they release Versus under that season, there's no way LR gets released before that. It wouldn't make ANY sense.

demidar

No way this game isn't released worldwide before October.

That's awfully close to the release of the next consoles. That buzz will steal the thunder from FF13-3.

edit: FF12 is open-world like Xenoblade is open-world. That is large areas connected together linearly via corridors (and loading screens). I don't know if that fulfills the prerequisites to being called an open-world game, seems like a question for another thread.

Stark

Banned
Ugh... whats with these comparisons? ~_~

Anyway...

October. Or a bit after September 22nd.

Toth

That's not open at all... every area has borders and it's virtually detached from any other. It's more like connected "areas" than open world. I expect something more like Dragon's Dogma from LR.

They don't have any other big hit for christmas in Japan, and DQ7, ARR ect. will be already out from months. Now, unless they release Versus under that season, there's no way LR gets released before that. It wouldn't make ANY sense.

Ah okay. I see I need to brush up on what open world means. FF 12 does give you a lot of world to play in but I guess open world means one with no restrictions on where you can go?

Jeels

Regardless of whether they have a big holiday title or not, Lightning Returns will not be their big holiday title.

Exentryk

Do they even care about a holiday title? We didn't get anything this time around.

Also, seeing as how XIV has pushed out to after May, LR might indeed be in the holiday season.

Exentryk

LR is barebone complete though, right? They mentioned how the game could be completed in 2-4 days, which means they've sorted out the main plot path.

Stark

Banned
If you play a certain way, sure. There's going to be story events you'll miss because of the path you take and the world always moving. Next time, it might be longer. To get the full story, you'll have to play through multiple times, it seems. But yeah, the plot seems to be figured out and its just world building/content/polishing, I guess.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The 2-4 days made it sound like the in-game time, not 2-4 actual days in the realworld. The reason why I say this is they said "time in LRFFXIII ends in 13 days, but whether or not you can continue past 13 days is still a secret. Test players are currently able to clear within 2-4 days," more as a whole.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think it was also stated in an earlier interview than you can trigger the final boss before the end of the 13 days or whatever, so yeah.

That's even worse then. 2-4 days in-game is about 4-8 hours in real world. The hell?

Well, given the bare minimum of the entirety of 13 days could be a 13 hour playthrough... I can see it. Especially if test players have played through multiple times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom