• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

LiK

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2011/06/limbo_heads_to_the_playstation.php

PlayDead Studios made a huge splash into the Xbox Live Arcade last year with LIMBO, their creepy puzzle platformer that, at least based on Leaderboard statistics, has had over 750,000 players give the game a shot. Now the game plans to expand to another platform -- the PlayStation Network.

The news comes from a rating on the Korean Rating Board, citing that Sony Computer Entertainment Korea has rated the game. While I personally found the game to be a little lacking, it still garnered a huge amount of praise, and will now finally see a release on another console.

It's not the first time this has happened -- both 2007 classics Braid and Castle Crashers, after months of exclusivity, finally made their way over to the PlayStation Network. It will be interesting to see if this version is being developed by PlayDead themselves, or a second party like Braid was.

spats

How much does it cost on 360? It looks pretty interesting but not the 15 euros-kind of interesting.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I thought the game was pretty bland and selling itself on its "indie visuals," but it's always good to see a game reach more people.

Plus, everyone else seemed to like it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting concept. It was way too long. It would have been a better EP.

Gustav

Banned
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shurs said:
It was like a band with one really good idea that they tried to expand into a concept album, but really, guys, three really good tracks probably would have done it.

Shurs

Rez said:
It was like a band with one really good idea that they tried to expand into a concept album, but really, guys, three really good tracks probably would have done it.

Okay.

I get where you're coming from, as the latter half of the game doesn't reach the heights of the beginning, but it's a short enough experience where it doesn't feel like a grind to get through it.

It's not like they tacked on an additional three hours of bullshit to placate the people who whine about the length of a fifteen dollar game.

wow, great news!

but wtf, i was CERTAIN that it could never come to PS3. i thought it was published by Microsoft..? like damn, this is something like the fifth game i thought for sure i could only get on Xbox but after waiting it turned out to not be the case. (as with Bioshock, Braid, Mass Effect 2, GTAIV episodes...)

timed exclusives are such a fucking bullshit practice. i hate it more than anything this gen. i feel like i'm being misled and lied to constantly.

I just finished this the other day on 360. Very good game. I expexted to get stuck a lot more than I did (which I'm glad I didn't) and the game ends kind of abruply, but overall it was a great looking game that has a lot of clever challenges. Imo if you like these kinds of games, it's worth your time.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Not that surprising after the Steam trailer leak. We'll probably hear something official soon after it's been a one whole year after the original release, so sometime in July.

FGMPR

Banned
szaromir said:
Disappointed by the lack of usual "now I have no reason to keep/get a 360" posts.

For Limbo?

edit: Also, I really really want Castle Crashers on Steam. Please make it happen :)

astroturfing said:
wow, great news!

but wtf, i was CERTAIN that it could never come to PS3. i thought it was published by Microsoft..? like damn, this is something like the fifth game i thought for sure i could only get on Xbox but after waiting it turned out to not be the case. (as with Bioshock, Braid, Mass Effect 2, GTAIV episodes...)

timed exclusives are such a fucking bullshit practice. i hate it more than anything this gen. i feel like i'm being misled and lied to constantly.

It's the way the industry works buddy.

OT, I need a demo before deciding on whether or not I want to purchase it.

FGMPR

Banned
Gustav said:
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

Sounds like my kind of game lol

In my top 3 of last year, a truly sublime and magical game. Just wish it was longer and I'll be completely ecstatic if a sequel is announced.

Gustav said:
You're the sick one for leading the child to death. A child is your own responsibility. Someone should report you to social services.

Top Bottom