• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It's kinda nice in it's own right to get year old ports of indie acclaimed games on PSN, if only because you get much more honest and thoughtful impressions from those who played it already. :p

astroturfing said:
timed exclusives are such a fucking bullshit practice. i hate it more than anything this gen. i feel like i'm being misled and lied to constantly.

I agree that it's terrible but it's better than full exclusivity of third party games (especially downloadables).

Rlan

A lot of games published by Microsoft are just that -- published. Most have an exclusivity clause in the contract to keep it off other systems. Braid was, I believe, 3-6 months exclusive. From the looks of it LIMBO was a 12 month exclusive.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Enjoy the first half and then turn it off. You'll have played one of the best games ever.

I can't help but agree. The first couple of hours consisted of some of the scariest scenes I've ever played, and it was fantastic.

Then afterwards it just seemed to turn into a standard puzzle-platformer, never bothered finishing it :/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
chubigans said:
It's kinda nice in it's own right to get year old ports of indie acclaimed games on PSN, if only because you get much more honest and thoughtful impressions from those who played it already. :p
I don't understand.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Rlan said:
A lot of games published by Microsoft are just that -- published. Most have an exclusivity clause in the contract to keep it off other systems. Braid was, I believe, 3-6 months exclusive. From the looks of it LIMBO was a 12 month exclusive.

I believe Braid was a 1 year exclusive if we're going by PS3 and 360.

Castle Crashers took 2 years.

Gustav said:
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

Don't worry. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that no child was beheaded during the development of the game.

Duffyside

Banned
Wow. I was just checking if this was possible the other day. I saw that it was published by Microsoft and said "shit, that means no way." That's why people have said Trenched won't come to PSN too, right? Because it's MS-published?

I was checking PB Winterbottom and Super Meat Boy too. I hope if an MS-published game can make it, than that means these ones will.

You can keep 'Splosion Man though...

duffyside said:
Wow. I was just checking if this was possible the other day. I saw that it was published by Microsoft and said "shit, that means no way." That's why people have said Trenched won't come to PSN too, right? Because it's MS-published?

I was checking PB Winterbottom and Super Meat Boy too. I hope if an MS-published game can make it, than that means these ones will.

it all depends on the nuts-and-bolts of the publishing deal

duffyside said:

Because it's an MS IP.

V_Ben

Banned
duffyside said:

Trenched will *never* come to PSN. MS owns the IP there. Those others? Who knows...

Edeuinu

Almost got this a few times, but now that it's coming on PSN i'll just wait since I get all multi-plat games on PS3. Wish it didn't take so long though.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
astroturfing said:
wow, great news!

but wtf, i was CERTAIN that it could never come to PS3. i thought it was published by Microsoft..? like damn, this is something like the fifth game i thought for sure i could only get on Xbox but after waiting it turned out to not be the case. (as with Bioshock, Braid, Mass Effect 2, GTAIV episodes...)

timed exclusives are such a fucking bullshit practice. i hate it more than anything this gen. i feel like i'm being misled and lied to constantly.
Yep

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/28/playdead-limbo-not-coming-to-ps3-or-pc/

duffyside said:

I think Microsoft owns the Trenched IP. Not sure though. I'm not sure if Winterbottom will move over, it's been out for quite some time on steam and didn't have as much buzz as something like Limbo or Braid. Don't know if it'd be worth porting it over. I could see SMB getting a PS3 release but I'd guess that Team Meat wouldn't be the ones porting it.

Gustav

Banned
DangerousDave said:
Don't worry. I think that no child was beheaded during the development of the game.

I'm sure there wasn't. Still find it in unnecessary and more importantly in poor taste.

Would love to see some of the people reacting to my post argue in favor of displaying child mutilation, though. Or any form of explicit mutilation for that matter. Always wondered what's so great about it.

ULTROS!

Shurs said:
I assume he's talking about getting appraisals outside of the normal hype-cycle that surrounds a game's release.

I agree with him.

I agree, that's what made me purchase Braid and CC in the first place (very good receptions and all that hype).

But if it was Gyromancer...

Rlan said:

so basically we shouldn't trust Microsoft when they say a game on their platform is exclusive.

soldat7

Gustav said:
I'm sure there wasn't. Still find it in unnecessary and more importantly in poor taste.

Would love to see some of the people reacting to my post argue in favor of displaying child mutilation, though. Or any form of explicit mutilation for that matter. Always wondered what's so great about it.

You can disable the death animations in the menu. The game doesn't magically become better, unfortunately.

nofi

Gustav said:

It was a little scary, but you're missing out on a wonderful game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gustav said:

the game is scary it's a nightmare

bad things happen in nightmares

Rad-

Hopefully PSN-only people will buy it, unlike Braid which had pretty disappointing PSN sales. Limbo is one of the best DL games this gen, no reason to pass on it.

I believe I will double dip on this.

What'd be really cool would be if Playdead added some small extras like a small "making of" documentary.

Most atmospheric game I played last year. It reminded me of an old Sesame Street or Caliope short from the 80's dipped into a black and white vat of Hell sauce.

First post btw.

ULTROS!

Rad- said:
Hopefully PSN-only people will buy it, unlike Braid which had pretty disappointing PSN sales. Limbo is one of the best DL games this gen, no reason to pass on it.

I don't think it had disappointing sales for a year old game. It sold more than 100k (90k++ last March or last year, don't recall).

LiK

JumpingTheGun said:
I believe I will double dip on this.

What'd be really cool would be if Playdead added some small extras like a small "making of" documentary.

Most atmospheric game I played last year. It reminded me of an old Sesame Street or Caliope short from the 80's dipped into a black and white vat of Hell sauce.

First post btw.
Welcome

DasRaven

I'll probably buy it just to support the devs and actually platinum the game. I never bothered on 360.

For a moment, this actually threw my purchase of Ms. Splosion Man into doubt. Just a moment though.

BeeDog

DasRaven said:
I'll probably buy it just to support the devs and actually platinum the game. I never bothered on 360.

For a moment, this actually threw my purchase of Ms. Splosion Man into doubt. Just a moment though.

I doubt the game will come with a Platinum trophy.

ShogunX

Souther said:
Now if only Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet would come over too.

You never know what will happen in the future it's just those type of games end up with a longer exclusivity period than games published by the bigger companies. Games like Guardian of Light and Castlevania showed up quicker than normal and I wouldn't be surprised if From Dust is only a short exclusive window as well.

MS really have stepped it up with downloadable games these last few years and have managed to secure some truly excellent titles. Sony should try and do their own similar promotion and give a few releases some good advertising.

ULTROS!

You know I've been wondering... Why do a lot of former XBLA exclusive games get ported to the PSN whereas there aren't any (or as much) PSN exclusive games get ported to the XBLA.

ULTROS! said:
You know I've been wondering... Why do a lot of former XBLA exclusive games get ported to the PSN whereas there aren't any (or as much) PSN exclusive games get ported to the XBLA.
Sony funding.

Top Bottom