• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

ShogunX

ULTROS! said:
You know I've been wondering... Why do a lot of former XBLA exclusive games get ported to the PSN whereas there aren't any (or as much) PSN exclusive games get ported to the XBLA.

Could be more MS going after high quality titles that where meant for multi platform release and offering incentives (Summer of arcade promo) for an exclusive window. I think they just enjoy having things first just like the COD map packs and other high profile DLC.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think it was exactly worth the hype it got, it's certainly no Braid, but it's cool a new audience can play it.

Rez HD however, is still the best 360 exclusive. Bring that shit over.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
ULTROS! said:
You know I've been wondering... Why do a lot of former XBLA exclusive games get ported to the PSN whereas there aren't any (or as much) PSN exclusive games get ported to the XBLA.
Just as a big fan of DD games, I'm not seeing too many PSN exclusive games that I'd care to have ported over to XBLA and the ones I would (Wipeout, PixelJunk Shooter, to name two) are Sony developers/properties so they aren't moving. The last one I remember being really interested in, Trine, ended up on PC (and I ended up not liking it anyway).

Microsoft has been excellent in securing content for XBLA. It's one thing I wish Sony was more progressive on, because compelling content on both systems only means better things for DD platforms in the future.

Edit: Another PSN exclusive I really liked wasn't even released in the US, Dark Mist. Oh, SCEA.

LosDaddie

Banned
This is great news. More sales and a larger audience.
A great game, at a not-so-great price. Glad I waited for the XBL 1/2 off sale.

El-Suave

I'm very glad it's coming. I own a 360 but I don't want to invest in too much dlc anymore on that platform. It's unfortunate that I'm missing out on a few great games this way - but I already have a huge backlog of retail and download games.

I guess the Twisted Pixel games and Trials HD will stay on 360 forever - does anybody know what the publishing deal for those games is? The fact that TP is supposedly making an iOS game gave me some hope...

Carl

Princess Skittles said:
Just as a big fan of DD games, I'm not seeing too many PSN exclusive games that I'd care to have ported over to XBLA and the ones I would (Wipeout, PixelJunk Shooter, to name two) are Sony developers/properties so they aren't moving. The last one I remember being really interested in, Trine, ended up on PC (and I ended up not liking it anyway).

Microsoft has been excellent in securing content for XBLA. It's one thing I wish Sony was more progressive on, because compelling content on both systems only means better things for DD platforms in the future.

Edit: Another PSN exclusive I really liked wasn't even released in the US, Dark Mist. Oh, SCEA.

They've had quite a lot of PSN exclusives. Pub Fund seems to work really well for them and a lot of developers go for it.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Carl said:
They've had quite a lot of PSN exclusives. Pub Fund seems to work really well for them and a lot of developers go for it.
Yes, but my statement was that I don't see many that I'm compelled to want ported or would want a PS3 for.

I don't know what's been released in the last year or so, but the last time I was really looking into it, it seemed that they had gone far too into grabbing up games that were far too "arty" and less "gamey" as exclusives, such as Everyday Shooter, Flow and Echochrome.. those are all really interesting but they don't have a longterm life to them, like say something like Pac-Man DX. For my tastes, mind you.

Shatter is pretty awesome though and that's not on XBLA, I forgot about that one. It's on Steam now, but I definitely played a hell of a lot of it over at a friend's place.

Oh, and I want Wizardry pretty bad too, LOL.

I'm checking to see what's been released on PSN on Wiki now, maybe there's been more cool stuff I haven't heard of yet.

ULTROS! said:

I remember reading that the only way MS will only take a port of an already released game on the live arcade is if the developers add extra, exclusive content.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
snoopeasystreet said:
I remember reading that the only way MS will only take a port of an already released game on the live arcade is if the developers add extra, exclusive content.
I'm actually curious now, does anybody know of a first PSN exclsuive that was released on XBLA later?

Moon Diver, actually, just recently, but that was known to be coming to both from the start.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
snoopeasystreet said:
Yeah, they're very strict on ports. Machinarium is the most recent high profile game they've rejected because of it's PC release.

ShapeGSX

snoopeasystreet said:

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Sony will take a later port only if it includes extra exclusive content.

I'm not sure what Microsoft's policies are in this regard. But it could be that they have the same policy.

This week, Half Minute Hero is on XBLA.

PJX

Princess Skittles said:
I'm actually curious now, does anybody know of a first PSN exclsuive that was released on XBLA later?

Moon Diver, actually, just recently, but that was known to be coming to both from the start.

Only one that comes to mind is Gripshift. There are probably more but I can't think of any to be quite honest.

Anteater

V_Ben said:
You should see my dreams...

zO4ln.jpg

*shudders*

jump_button said:
I hate time exclusives, more so when they make it look like it is a full exclusive, just tell us
It's a marketing tool. Telling you would defeat the purpose. I don't understand why you care either way.

Ataturk

It was style over substance. Yes the game looked great but mechanically it was shallow, had very standard puzzles and tedious trial-and-error.

ShapeGSX said:
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Sony will take a later port only if it includes extra exclusive content.

I'm not sure what Microsoft's policies are in this regard. But it could be that they have the same policy.

You might be correct on that. But I remember Microsoft looked for additional content for Portal and Zenoclash when they moved over to Live Arcade.

ampere

Yay, I don't have an Xbox anymore, but I wanted to play this.

I'd still prefer it to be on Steam, so maybe I'll wait a bit longer.

V_Ben

Banned
Princess Skittles said:

Gripshift.

see5harp

This is a good game and based on sale prices you should probably already own, but I'm happy more people can play it. It's not the game to end all games but I enjoyed the puzzles and the length was perfect for me.

This release schedule seems to work the best for small developers who can only work on one version at a time. Makes a lot of sense to do XBLA-PC-PSN. The timed exclusive works for both parties as MS gets to claim it's exclusive and the small dev team gets that time to work on the ports.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
depward said:
Gave in to the GAF hype, game was blah. Buyer beware.
Too true. At least there's a demo for people to decide for themselves.

Really, as far as XBLA exclusives go, I could name a dozen, two dozen maybe, that should be going to PSN instead.

Ataturk

Princess Skittles said:
Too true. At least there's a demo for people to decide for themselves.
The problem was, the demo was the best part of the game. It was creepy as hell. I bought in on impulse after playing it, but it turned out to be somewhat of a letdown.

LiK

Fernando Rocker said:
One of the worst "platformers" I have ever played.

It is not a platformer, guys...

Once more time I got burned by GAF's hype!
Quit playin' games with my heart.

tzare

bought it for 360 because of many people said it was a great game. Still haven't finished, i find it kinda boring. But i guess it is good that more people can try it.

tzare said:
bought it for 360 because of many people said it was a great game. Still haven't finished, i find it kinda boring. But i guess it is good that more people can try it.

It's boring... the animation looks like a flash game, there is absolutely no platforming challenge, the music (or lack of) is terrible... the only reason why the game succeeded is because the art style.

UrbanRats

Fernando Rocker said:
One of the worst "platformers" I have ever played.

It is not a platformer, guys...

One more time I got burned by GAF's hype!
What do you mean?
EDIT: Ah, read the newer post.

see5harp

Fernando Rocker said:
It's boring... the animation looks like a flash game, there is absolutely no platforming challenge, the music (or lack of) is terrible... the only reason why the game succeeded is because the art style.

What? Music and animation were among the high points. I wish we had post history so people could realize that this is the dude that created a Backstreet Boys love thread.

EDIT: beat by Lik chan.

Fernando Rocker said:

Am I original?
Yeah
Am I the only one?
Yeah
Am I sexual?
Yeah

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Great news, I will be getting it when it finally releases on PSN. Now I just need Shadow Complex.
God fucking hell Epic, couldn't you find another publisher that wasn't Microsoft for this game?

Gustav said:
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

So, is it alright when you see adults getting killed in other movies or video games? What about starving children in movies?

It's people like you that sicken me!

Top Bottom