• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

jling84 said:
No thanks, you choose timed exclusivity, you lose my purchase. Make the right decision and do multiplat at launch.

A good game is a good game regardless of console or timing. Too bad that you care more about silly system wars than you do about playing games.

A.KU.MU said:
Limbo is on my Top 5 list of best game ever. Will not but it because of DD. Fuk DD.

It's available on retail disc as well.

Onion_Relish said:
You people make it seem like he made a mistake. Isn't it ok to voice one's opinion about the practices of a rival company? Obviously the decorum is lacking but i see no problem with it.

Immature and totally unprofessional. ThatGameCompany should be ashamed to have someone like him speaking for them.

see5harp

StuBurns said:
It's the dollar sign that makes it art...

Macro....$....shaft all in a single beautifully crafted word. See he said macro because they are a large corporation with tentacles looming over many markets.

shwimpy

TGC probably has a bad relationship with MS like few other indie companies do. Not condoning his immature behavior but it happens.

StuBurns

Banned
shwimpy said:
TGC probably has a bad relationship with MS like few other indie companies do. Not condoning his immature behavior but it happens.
I'd be stunned if TGC thought that was an acceptable thing to post. Maybe I think too highly of them.

Kurod

Banned
Gustav said:
Played the Xbox 360 version for about 5 minutes, than saw a child getting beheaded and turned it off. Will never touch this sick game again.

You should play "Heart of Darkness" for the PS1 (rated E everyone).

Abooie said:
I always thought Thatgamecompany had just sold out to Sony. Now I realise it's really all down to fervent fanboyism. That$onygamecompany

Could be another reason some companies refuse to release their games on other platforms even though doing so will probably triple their game sales: loyalty and bias for one piece of plastic machinary over another piece of plastic machinary.

shwimpy said:

TGC were never involved with MS, though.

StuBurns said:
I'd be stunned if TGC thought that was an acceptable thing to post. Maybe I think too highly of them.

I can promise that they don't. It's called being professional in your job. In fact, I think his comment and this thread should be forwarded to them so they are aware the kind of immature fanboys they have speaking on their behalf.

Infamous Chris said:
Could be another reason some companies refuse to release their games on other platforms even though doing so will probably triple their game sales: loyalty and bias for one piece of plastic machinary over another piece of plastic machinary.

But they have silicon too!

see5harp

Really though I wouldn't take one stupid post from a message board moderator to derive any philosophy or relationship between MS. He basically just said it's irritating to hear port begging which is true.

NinjaBoiX

OldJadedGamer said:
I can promise that they don't. It's called being professional in your job. In fact, I think his comment and this thread should be forwarded to them so they are aware the kind of immature fanboys they have speaking on their behalf.
I wouldn't go that far. It was a bit of a douche move, but let's not get the guy in trouble at work.

see5harp

It ain't really that serious though but it is funny. Maybe he was community manager for the Super Meat Boy team and still feels slighted that Team Meat were forced to lay him off after the MS promotion money dried up.

GeoramA

Didn't Jonathan Blow have some nasty comments about MS recently? I know Stewart Gilray from Just Add Water bashes them quite frequently.

People act like this is something new.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
OldJadedGamer said:

Although what he did was wrong, you need not to take it any further.

It's like me forwarding a bad message you posted to your boss. In the end, it would look like I want you to be fired from your job.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
BeeDog said:
Holy crap, some of you are sensitive. I truly wonder how you survived the chespace era.
There's fanboyism, the kind we're ALL guilty of to varying degrees (it is a video game forum, after all), and then there's childish name calling.

The latter isn't generally tolerated here from a no-name poster.. to see it coming from somebody that is supposed to represent a company within the industry is just embarrassing.

GeoramA said:
Didn't Jonathan Blow have some nasty comments about MS recently?
He's voiced criticism without relegating to grade-school/GameFAQs level name calling.

Ugh, I just defended Jonathan Blow. I need to take a shower.

StuBurns

Banned
GeoramA said:
Didn't Jonathan Blow have some nasty comments about MS recently? I know Stewart Gilray from Just Add Water bashes them quite frequently.

Blow criticized the often criticized MS submission process. I don't think he slagged them off.

see5harp

GeoramA said:

Jonathan Blow has reason to have criticism though. He developed a game for the platform and has insight into certification and profit margins between multiple platforms.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Princess Skittles said:
There's fanboyism, the kind we're ALL guilty of to varying degrees (it is a video game forum, after all), and then there's childish name calling.

The latter isn't generally tolerated here from a no-name poster.. to see it coming from somebody that is supposed to represent a company within the industry is just embarrassing.

Eh, it's pretty common here. See chespace and the Microsoft guy (he works/worked at Microsoft) bashing Sony who was caught by bishoptl.

BeeDog

Infamous Chris said:
You're missing the point entirely, and missing much sarcasm.

Sarcasm? Either my sarcasm detector is broken, or there's none in some examples below:

StuBurns said:
If true, dick move dude.
Abooie said:
I always thought Thatgamecompany had just sold out to Sony. Now I realise it's really all down to fervent fanboyism. That$onygamecompany
OldJadedGamer said:
Immature and totally unprofessional. ThatGameCompany should be ashamed to have someone like him speaking for them.
OldJadedGamer said:

Stupid comment for sure, but really, some thin-skinned peeps here immediately call out someone that may lose his job.

I would assume that staying on GAF for a while would toughen some posters up. I guess not.

StuBurns

Banned
BeeDog said:
Stupid comment for sure, but really, some thin-skinned peeps here immediately call out someone that may lose his job.
I do think he should lose his job, he's a moron. I hope he doesn't though.

I don't see what's thin skinned about it, I'm not offended at all.

BeeDog

StuBurns said:
I do think he should lose his job, he's a moron. I hope he doesn't though.

I don't see what's thin skinned about it, I'm not offended at all.

This entire post is one big contradiction, wow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
BeeDog said:
This entire post is one big contradiction, wow.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I recall people getting banned for saying Micro$oft or M$ because of how childish and stupid it is. Coming from a community manager just makes it even funnier.

OldJadedGamer said:

Fernando Rocker said:

Both of you are pretty sad to want to get someone in trouble and possibly lose their job over an ill advised comment.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Good news for PS3-only owners, as it's a creepy cool game and beautifully animated, but I'd like to see Sony focus on getting more compelling original content of their own on PSN (with demos please!). The apparent dumbass factor of tgc's representative notwithstanding, Journey is probably the only PSN game I'll get this whole year.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Holy crap over this non-issue you are all blowing up.

see5harp said:
Ya'll some snitches.
Seriously this, goddamn. Feels like this high school class I was in with this small group that'd always ruin everything

salromano

OldJadedGamer said:

Oh, please. He's speaking on his own behalf, not theirs. His username on the site isn't thatgamecompany community manager, it's Amish_Gramish.

Regardless, plenty of indie devs have spoken ill of rival publishers in the past.

I never expected someone who is, perhaps, on this board in an official capacity (otherwise I do not know why he has his occupation listed in his profile) to rock the $ like it's 2006.

As stupid as it was, devs or anyone shouldn't feel like their job is in danger when they post here or elsewhere.

Still, even if a normal poster did the M$ thing he'd be laughed at.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BeeDog said:
Holy crap, some of you are sensitive. I truly wonder how you survived the chespace era.
That's different. Same thing with Dyack.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Ataturk said:
It was style over substance. Yes the game looked great but mechanically it was shallow, had very standard puzzles and tedious trial-and-error.
Yes, pretty much it. The use of difficulty to pad game length under the guise of thematic expediency.

At the end of the game, I just thought this would have made a much better art school animated short than a game.

Top Bottom