• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Amish_Gramish said:
But I don't think Limbo will be at $7.49 for a long time. Has it gone on sale on the 360 yet? I don't remember seeing anything about that.

I foresee a Steam sale for half or less. I've seen Super Meat Boy and Lara Croft for <$5 so there is hope.

Jadedx said:
Nope, it is just the way sony affiliated devs behave; remember that guy who used to work with Ninja theory who posted here? He used to bash xbox all the time. then there was the lair devs who said that 360 wasn't powerful enough to run lair. Then there was that red ring dig in infamous 2, now this.

you know what, i'm actually glad amish posted that. at least we got to see some of your comments, which are pure gold.

Snuggler said:
I foresee a Steam sale for half or less. I've seen Super Meat Boy and Lara Croft for <$5 so there is hope.

Yeah, I bought SMB for $3.75 on Steam during their Christmas sales. (I bought the first two comics signed, so I didn't feel that bad about paying $3.75 for such an awesome game. I'm also going to get the disc copy in the future.)

And Hydrophobia is $3 on Steam right now, but I don't have a computer that can run it...

BeeDog

Surprisingly many "Limbo is decent/average" posts in this topic; can't recall this kind of GAF reception for it in other topics. A typical case of GAF backlash after the hype has died down, I guess?

StuBurns

Banned
BeeDog said:
Surprisingly many "Limbo is decent/average" posts in this topic; can't recall this kind of GAF reception for it in other topics. A typical case of GAF backlash after the hype has died down, I guess?
That happens with everything, probably because OTs are never receptive to negativity unless a game is completely shit.

see5harp

Patapwn said:
Limbo looks interesting. I played it in LBP 2 and had alot of fun

Jumping is even more floaty than LBP2 if that is even possible....

EDIT: on top of that, playing any LBP2 adaptation over an original is a terrible gauge of quality.

kneePat

Amish_Gramish said:
But I don't think Limbo will be at $7.49 for a long time. Has it gone on sale on the 360 yet? I don't remember seeing anything about that.

Limbo was on sale for 600 MS Points (7.50) at some point in April on tax day, I know this because that's when I bought it. Also Braid was on sale for 400 MS Points at some point, don't remember when though.

BeeDog said:
Part of it is the game starts out real strong but peters out near the end. I was glad I played it though.

see5harp

Neuromancer said:
Part of it is the game starts out real strong but peters out near the end. I was glad I played it though.

Seriously. Starts out extremely strong though. People comparing this to something like Mario or N+ need their heads examined.

kneePat

Neuromancer said:

While I agree, I wouldn't split up the experience in this manner because Limbo is pretty short. Ultimately, I'd say Limbo was a great experience and worth playing.

ShogunX

Amish_Gramish said:
Pages 4-7 had some great content. :)

EDIT:
As it looks like the lulz died down, I'll head to another thread for another win!

Hopefully you don't post like a child in other threads. N4G would love you.

watership

Teetris said:
Holy crap over this non-issue you are all blowing up.

Seriously this, goddamn. Feels like this high school class I was in with this small group that'd always ruin everything

Come on.

People complain about games not coming to other platforms. Then a community manager for an indie company that only makes PSN games so far, complains about a Xbox only game that the evil and horrible Macro$shaft is keeping it from being on PSN.

It was called out, and rightly so.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't believe Limbo going to another platform did this too people. Bringing out all that rage.

Anyway, if I liked Braid, would I like this?

klee123

Interesting observation is that despite that a lot of XBLA titles do get ported to PSN. It's mainly western made titles. Japanese made games though, stay exclusive.

I'm still surprised that SNK's stuff are still on XBLA only.

Jomjom

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
A good game is a good game regardless of console or timing. Too bad that you care more about silly system wars than you do about playing games.

Nothing at all to do with system wars. A publisher decides to sell exclusivity for a year and makes me miss out on the game because I don't have the finances to buy another console, I don't then go and reward that publisher with money for the game. Why the hell would I do that?

Agent X

Gold Member
jling84 said:
Nothing at all to do with system wars. A publisher decides to sell exclusivity for a year and makes me miss out on the game because I don't have the finances to buy another console, I don't then go and reward that publisher with money for the game. Why the hell would I do that?

As someone said earlier in this thread (sorry, forgot who), some developers have a small crew and very limited resources, and therefore cannot handle development on several platforms at the same time. They might want to do so, but it simply isn't economically feasible. Therefore, they devote their resources to one platform, and then (hopefully) port to other platforms later.

It sucks when the developer doesn't select your platform of choice, but the pendulum swings both ways, and sometimes PS3 owners get the benefit of the earlier releases.

Braid and Castle Crashers are a couple of examples of games that might have initially made their mark on Xbox 360, but as a PS3 owner, I was thankful that they brought the game out for that system at all. Not every developer does that. If you feel that you don't want to "reward" them because they did Xbox 360 first, then that's your prerogative, but keep in mind that doing this doesn't exactly encourage them to continue bringing their future games to PS3.

Jadedx said:
Stuff like this is why I don't support sony or any of their developers.

Edit: just saw Amish's newest comments, even more pathetic. Glad I never bought any tgc games.
You're even more stupid. This thread turned stupid.

great thread, awesome read!!! :p

Might buy LIMBO but I don't feel like there's much value in it for the money you pay. How long is the game if you go for 100% on the achievements?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Jadedx said:
Nope, it is just the way sony affiliated devs behave; remember that guy who used to work with Ninja theory who posted here? He used to bash xbox all the time. then there was the lair devs who said that 360 wasn't powerful enough to run lair. Then there was that red ring dig in infamous 2, now this.

You sound hurt. I hope you're ok though.

So after all the "dick " and dollar sign jokes up in this bitch, what do you all xbox owners of this game think in here?

Is it even worth a purchase?

I mean sure it looks pretty, lots of classic Disney animated features look pretty too, or even weird independent, dark Estonian animated short films also look pretty neat. but I'm not in the business of only "looking" at games, I want to play them too, if it's lot of trial and error, and frustration with platforming.. count me out, even if it's only going for 400 M-$ony points.

Jadedx said:

Also... why are those game cases look overly-"glossy", are they covered in your tears or something dude?

Card Boy

Banned
I bet it will be like 3 bucks during the Steam Xmas sale. Apprently it's coming according to the Steam registry snoops.

Card Boy

Banned
eroots said:
Super Meat Boy next!!!

Never happening according to Ed and Tom (Team Meat). Someone could correct me, but I think they are under contract with MS, but are able to release it on a Nintendo product if they wish too choose. I don't know what the real reason is.

It's on sale at Greenman Gaming for $6.95 if you want it that bad.

eroots

they were saying the same thing about Limbo and Braid before it.. So, I don't believe them for a minute, I've got it on PC but would much rather play on the ps3.

Card Boy

Banned
eroots said:
they were saying the same thing about Limbo and Braid before it.. So, I don't believe them for a minute, I've got it on PC but would much rather play on the ps3.

But what if it never comes? do you want to hold out forever? You can use your PS3 controller on PC (or Xbox controller if you have one).

Gustav

Banned
K' Dash said:
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/347803363_pghtX-L-2.jpg

Say, what do you think of Ninja Gaiden?

I find the gore in it utterly stupid and juvenile. Mechanically it's a great game.

eroots said:
I don't think the other devs ever came out and said "never" like Team Meat did.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
ULTROS! said:
Can't believe Limbo going to another platform did this too people. Bringing out all that rage.

Anyway, if I liked Braid, would I like this?
Remember 2006 when the PS3 would lose exclusives left and right? Fanboys will be fanboys.

I love Limbo, it is a unique experience. Limbo is one of my favorite games, and part of its virtues is it's lenght. It lasted just the right amount of time and presented all its new ideas and gameplay concepts in its little sandbox to never feel old or repetitive.

DatBreh

Banned
EricHasNoPull said:
So after all the "dick " and dollar sign jokes up in this bitch, what do you all xbox owners of this game think in here?

I mean sure it looks pretty, lots of classic Disney animated features look pretty too, or even weird independent, dark Estonian animated short films also look pretty neat. but I'm not in the business of only "looking" at games, I want to play them too, if it's lot of trial and error, and frustration with platforming.. count me out, even if it's only going for 400 M-$ony points.

Its a good game, i bought it for 15 but for 10 id say its worth a purchase. With games like this and Braid i will beat it once then return to it a year or 2 later when i have forgotten things and play through it again. That way im getting 8 hours of game for my purchase which is pretty good for 10-15 bucks.

Its not a lot of trial and error. You will get killed at first unexpectedly but thats because you dont know what to look out for. Once you start to recognize what can actually kill you then most of it is on skill and environmental awareness. Id say the most deaths came from the first boss character in the stage.

Melchiah

Agent X said:
As someone said earlier in this thread (sorry, forgot who), some developers have a small crew and very limited resources, and therefore cannot handle development on several platforms at the same time. They might want to do so, but it simply isn't economically feasible. Therefore, they devote their resources to one platform, and then (hopefully) port to other platforms later.

It sucks when the developer doesn't select your platform of choice, but the pendulum swings both ways, and sometimes PS3 owners get the benefit of the earlier releases.

It's not the waiting that bothers me, it's the annoyance of having the plot/ending partly or entirely spoiled during the time it takes the game to reach the system I have. It happened with Bioshock, Mass Effect 2 and Braid. I tend to avoid the threads concerning those games, but it can happen on other unrelated threads as well.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
jling84 said:
You should be thankful you're getting the opportunity to buy the game at all.

OnPoint

EricHasNoPull said:

Also... why are those game cases look overly-"glossy", are they covered in your tears or something dude?

It's good but incredibly short. Don't expect much more than two to three hours out of it your first playthrough.

andymcc

Banned
EricHasNoPull said:

i think it's a very nice looking game w/ some awful mechanics. just wasn't having fun while playing. others experiences have varied, however.

soldat7

Ellis Kim said:
haha, joke post?

Maybe imagery of a child being beheaded, drowned, skewered, and otherwise mutilated doesn't settle with him? The option to disable the death animations is the only reason I'm playing the game.

soldat7 said:
Maybe imagery of a child being beheaded, drowned, skewered, and otherwise mutilated doesn't settle with him? The option to disable the death animations is the only reason I'm playing the game.

soldat7
Choppy animation. Fuck yeah!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/statuses/86474629962678272

Playdead founder @DinoPatti confirms that their masterpiece LIMBO is heading to PSN in July. More details next week!

Top Bottom