• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

Reluctant-Hero said:
Seriously. This is shouldn't be an issue. It's just the internet, right?

So regular posters can get banned, newbies can get permed, but the staff of a PSN exclusive that's not owned by Sony can get away with it? He's not special, and if anything it just looks bad. It's not a big fucking deal but people have a right to speak out about it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Infamous Chris said:
So regular posters can get banned, newbies can get permed, but the staff of a PSN exclusive that's not owned by Sony can get away with it? He's not special, and if anything it just looks bad. It's not a big fucking deal but people have a right to speak out about it.

Most people would say "lol, stop being a dumbass and move on," not "here's all the emails to his employer, let's try and get him fired."

Infamous Chris said:
So you're not bothered by the context of the comment, but bothered by the fact that the writer hasn't been punished by the mods yet?

Loudninja

alr1ghtstart said:
Most people would say "lol, stop being a dumbass and move on," not "here's all the emails to his employer, let's try and get him fired."
Lord what is wrong with some of you?Trying to hgt the man fired over this are you serious?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I know Amish; we hung out at the thatgamecompany forums and posted quite frequently there. I kinda dropped off the forum after Flower, but Amish was still an active member there to the point where I think TGC hired him or gave him the forum title of community manager.

He's a cool guy, said something dumb, alright then. Let's move on.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Cool. I never had a chance to try it on 360, so I'll probably get it this time around. It sounds like it's coming to Steam as well, so I'll get one or the other.

Reluctant-Hero said:
So you're not bothered by the context of the comment, but bothered by the fact that the writer hasn't been punished by the mods yet?

No, I'm bothered by the fact that someone like him can act like he's a little kid on GameFAQS. I've lurked here for so many years before joining, mainly because I've seen that that sort of thing wasn't condoned.

I didn't even realize that someone posted those emails, though. LOL.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Infamous Chris said:
No, I'm bothered by the fact that someone like him can act like he's a little kid on GameFAQS. I've lurked here for so many years before joining, mainly because I've seen that that sort of thing wasn't condoned.
Then PM a mod about it and stop derailing the thread further. Sheesh.

Infamous Chris said:
I remember it being a stupid reason, though (or something stupid regarding the PR). Also, Sony was fucking retarded to pass up Super Meat Boy while I think Microsoft was fucking retarded to pass up Machinarium.

PS Network User ID:
Amish_Gramish
Business Owner, thatgamecompany Community Manager

Wat.

So, a person working for a video game company can't hate another company that one part of it makes video games?

*shock!*

(Shall I show you the dent in the keyboard of my formerly Windows Vista computer that I'm typing on right now?)

TheOddOne

I can't believe people are defending Amish_Gramish. He is gonna lose his job? Fuck that, he's a douche and if anybody from MS published team or group would have said it would be a 60 page thread about it. Now its pm a mod, yet every XBLA threads gets shitted on till the end of time.

see5harp

Amish_Gramish said:
So, a person working for a video game company can't hate another company that one part of it makes video games?

*shock!*

(Shall I show you the dent in the keyboard of my formerly Windows Vista computer that I'm typing on right now?)

You are silly.

GarthVaderUK said:
Thatgamecompany made three games exclusively for PSN, right? Does this mean you guys are ready to go multiplatform now?

The only times I talk on behalf of thatgamecompany are in thatgamecompany specific threads.

Otherwise, I'm talking as myself, the person who has hated Microsoft since he was using Windows 2000. (I didn't know much about operating systems when I was using 3.1 or 98, so I didn't know what to complain about.)

And let me tell you this, I can write a book on how much I personally hate Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Namco Bandai, and pretty much every other publisher. (And I'm going into the music industry, working for TGC is a side gig, so don't get me started on Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros.!)

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Phonomezer said:
So I really liked LiMBO.

What's the bet Macro$haft lower it to 400MSP the week before it launches on PSN? :)

I got it on sale for 600 a while back. Thanks Macro$haft! I hate you! <3

So ITT, we learn that some people maintain their personal opinions regardless of employer. And some people may disagree with said opinions. Shocking.

Back on topic, this thread has reminded me that I've yet to finish Limbo on XBLA. I'll try to correct that error this week.

xbhaskarx

Amish_Gramish said:

Out of curiosity, why do you "hate" "Macro$haft"?
Is that a common sentiment at thatgamecompany?
Is that the reason or one of the reasons their games are not on X360?

Amish_Gramish said:
And let me tell you this, I can write a book on how much I personally hate Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Namco Bandai, and pretty much every other publisher.

Do you hate thatgamecompany releasing games on PS3?
Do you not refer to them as "$ony" because you don't hate them quite that much, or because they are not profitable enough as a company to deserve having a dollar sign added to their name?

TheOddOne

Amish_Gramish said:
I know, great, huh!
I find it so hilarious how all of these people are freaking out! :D
You know whats hilarious? Your the only one coming with some Gamefaq fanboy war bullshit, but most of the people are talking about the game. What where you trying to achieve with that comment?

Phonomezer said:
So I really liked LiMBO.

What's the bet Macro$haft lower it to 400MSP the week before it launches on PSN? :)
Sounds way too clever for MS to do it I'd say. Would need dev approval too surely?
Not that I think they'd have a problem with it.

Any idea if they self-publishing it on PSN?

entremet

Amish_Gramish said:
The only times I talk on behalf of thatgamecompany are in thatgamecompany specific threads.

Otherwise, I'm talking as myself, the person who has hated Microsoft since he was using Windows 2000. (I didn't know much about operating systems when I was using 3.1 or 98, so I didn't know what to complain about.)

And let me tell you this, I can write a book on how much I personally hate Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Namco Bandai, and pretty much every other publisher. (And I'm going into the music industry, working for TGC is a side gig, so don't get me started on Sony, Universal, and Warner Bros.!)
Unfortunately, like it or not, if you identify as a TGC employee in a public forum and then childishly insult a competitor or competing platform, again like or not, you will be called out it due to your association, which is why many community managers who post here are reticent to be so off the cuff, since they know they're representing a company as well.

The other choice you have is to post anonymously or live with people calling you out it.

Jadedx

Banned
Infamous Chris said:
I remember it being a stupid reason, though (or something stupid regarding the PR). Also, Sony was fucking retarded to pass up Super Meat Boy while I think Microsoft was fucking retarded to pass up Machinarium.

PS Network User ID:
Amish_Gramish
Business Owner, thatgamecompany Community Manager

Wat.
Stuff like this is why I don't support sony or any of their developers.

Edit: just saw Amish's newest comments, even more pathetic. Glad I never bought any tgc games.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TheOddOne said:
I can't believe people are defending Amish_Gramish. He is gonna lose his job? Fuck that, he's a douche and if anybody from MS published team or group would have said it would be a 60 page thread about it. Now its pm a mod, yet every XBLA threads gets shitted on till the end of time.

everyone is just out to get you.

ampere

entrement said:
Unfortunately, like it or not, if you identify as a TGC employee in a public forum and then childishly insult a competitor or competing platform, again like or not, you will be called out it due to your association, which is why many community managers who post here are reticent to be so off the cuff, since they know they're representing a company as well.

The other choice you have is to post anonymously or live with people calling you out it.
Hopefully he reads this post.

You are representing thatgamecompany poorly if you post immaturely with a connection to them in your profile.

Wario64 said:
So, how about that Limbo? Cool game, huh?

I can't wait to play it!

I was actually going to buy it on my 360, but I have such a huge backlog of games right now that it will probably go on sale on the PS3 before I buy it. :\

Top Bottom