• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

TheOddOne

alr1ghtstart said:
everyone is just out to get you.
Nice. Still no people that go rage crazy? Usually they are all crawling around XBLA threads.

Still now its all, lets move along nothing to see I guess.

comical_ali.jpg

Seregil

Wait...people actually think the reason thatgamecompany doesn't release games on 360 is because Amish_Gramish, a community manager, doesn't like Microsoft!? Isn't that position almost the equivalent of working in the mail room as far as decision making is concerned?

Wario64 said:
So, how about that Limbo? Cool game, huh?
Amazing first 1/3, I'll say that much about it.

Seregil said:
Wait...people actually think the reason thatgamecompany doesn't release games on 360 is because Amish_Gramish, a community manager, doesn't like Microsoft!? Isn't that position almost the equivalent of working in the mail room as far as decision making is concerned?
No the problem some people are having is that he's supposed to be representing his company, not voicing his own opinions. Which I find silly but hey.

ampere

Jadedx said:
Stuff like this is why I don't support sony or any of their developers.

Edit: just saw Amish's newest comments, even more pathetic. Glad I never bought any tgc games.
Are you sure you aren't overreacting?

Community manager usually means like, a forum moderator who might talk to the developers to convey user feedback. I think you're overreacting.

Seregil said:
No one thinks that. People were calling him out for criticizing a company for making games exclusively for the 360.

Cesar

Banned
Jadedx said:

This is just...so idiotic. Really, I can't believe how some people are taking this so out of context.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Jadedx said:

Edit: just saw Amish's newest comments, even more pathetic. Glad I never bought any tgc games.

Your prejudice is at least as pathetic as Amish's and it's causing you to miss out on good games.

The ridiculous umbrage people are taking in response to "Macro$haft" is laughable. As if GAF is a bastion of professionalism and level-headed commentary. I hope people are exaggerating their outrage.

LiK

Seregil said:
Amish has the ability to control the mind of Jenova!

StuBurns

Banned
Jadedx said:

One of the most stupid things I've ever read on GAF.

True fanboy bullshit, would barely cut it on Gametrailers.

Jadedx said:
I did not miss out on anything, I played and beat most of the ps3 exclusives and I did not like any of them.

hahahaha wha.....?

Uhhh... this thread just keeps on giving!

All because of some wily community organizer! It's not like he's the president of anything. :p

...anyway. I've wanted to play LIMBO for a while now. Even though I had buyers remorse with Braid, I'm still taking a chance on this.

AEREC

Jadedx said:

Right, because Sony's games are all filled with anit-microsoft comments/propaganda.

Kind of a silly reason to not play great games.

Jadedx

Banned
ciaossu said:
Are you sure you aren't overreacting?

Community manager usually means like, a forum moderator who might talk to the developers to convey user feedback. I think you're overreacting.

No one thinks that. People were calling him out for criticizing a company for making games exclusively for the 360.
Nope, it is just the way sony affiliated devs behave; remember that guy who used to work with Ninja theory who posted here? He used to bash xbox all the time. then there was the lair devs who said that 360 wasn't powerful enough to run lair. Then there was that red ring dig in infamous 2, now this.

TheJollyCorner said:
hahahaha wha.....?

Uhhh... this thread just keeps on giving!

All because of some wily community organizer! It's not like he's the president of anything. :p

...anyway. I've wanted to play LIMBO for a while now. Even though I had buyers remorse with Braid, I'm still taking a chance on this.

Sorry but you must've missed the news, Kaz just got promoted to thatgamecompany community manager.

Jadedx said:
Nope, it is just the way sony affiliated devs behave; remember that guy who used to work with Ninja theory who posted here? He used to bash xbox all the time. then there was the lair devs who said that 360 wasn't powerful enough to run lair. Then there was that red ring dig in infamous 2, now this.
Hmm, Bulletstorm had the same type of RROD joke in their game, just a little humor, nothing to get upset about and start hating devs over.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jadedx said:

this thread is now about Jadedx.

Jadedx said:

you're right. Sony is so damned MEAN!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jadedx said:
Yes. Clearly, Sony = Evil.

Dude, do you remember Dennis Dyack? Or even Chespace?

Jadedx said:
GRRR MAKES ME SO MAD!!!

Melchiah

Jadedx said:
Jadedx said:
I did not miss out on anything, I played and beat most of the ps3 exclusives and I did not like any of them.

You're certainly going all the way, as far as making a good first impression goes.

Jadedx said:
You see, if I'd known about these atrocities... Have you contacted Amnesty International?

TheOddOne

Jadedx said:
Dude, what.

Jadedx

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Yes. Clearly, Sony = Evil.

Dude, do you remember Dennis Dyack? Or even Chespace?
I never saw Dennis Dyack bashing Sony, all he did was hype his terrible game and then bash people for not liking it. Who is Chespace again?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jadedx said:
I never saw Dennis Dyack bashing Sony, all he did was hype his terrible game and then bash people for not liking it. Who is Chespace again?
You missed out on big things bro.

Check some of the older Forza threads out if you're up for it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Jadedx said:

Are you familiar with the concepts of selective perception or confirmation bias?

-Amon-

Jadedx said:

Keep fighting the good fight dude !!!!!

xbhaskarx said:
Out of curiosity, why do you "hate" "Macro$haft"?
Is that a common sentiment at thatgamecompany?
Is that the reason or one of the reasons their games are not on X360?

Do you not refer to them as "$ony" because you don't hate them quite that much, or because they are not profitable enough as a company to deserve having a dollar sign added to their name?

It would be awesome if the letter S was replaced by $ for every word.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wonder if it'll release at a reduced price. Digital distribution has made me a stingy bastard and I feel like I should wait for half price.

GeoramA

Snuggler said:
I wonder if it'll release at a reduced price. Digital distribution has made me a stingy bastard and I feel like I should wait for half price.
Didn't take Braid long to go down to $7.49

That's the price I'll be buying Limbo at.

StuBurns

Banned
Jadedx said:
Yes, because I don't like a console or it's game I must be some broke kid.

http://i.imgur.com/wpQoZ.jpg

Those are only some of the ps3 games I owned in the top left.
No, it must be because you're an idiot, I just took the leap you're more likely to be a kid because idiocy is more common in children. If you're an adult, it's actually much more sad.

Yoshichan

StuBurns, chill out. It's not worth it :)

kneePat

StuBurns said:
No, it must be because you're an idiot, I just took the leap you're more likely to be a kid because idiocy is more common in children. If you're an adult, it's actually much more sad.

I call AGEISM!

Patapwn

Infamous Chris said:
Most PSN exclusives are subpar and never really become popular or generate amazing sales, though. The best ones are the few ones that Sony owns the IP to or are involved in, like Wipeout, Flower, etc, and they still don't hold much against many XBLA exclusives. Microsoft really hit it out of the ball park in regards to their digital library, though, and also advertise it well (it's too bad they don't mention XBLA at E3 or anywhere else. Sad, really). Developers, especially ones starting off, seem to take to XBLA because it generates the most digital sales on consoles by a longshot, ESPECIALLY if it's lucky enough to get into Summer of Arcade or Gamefeast, because Microsoft advertises it then.

I mean, this year already has been very good for XBLA and then there is:

Trenched (released last week, Doublefine dev'd, MS owns IP)
Half Minute Hero (released today..why the fuck isn't this on PSN?)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Ms. Splosion Man
Fez
Radiant Silvergun
Toy Soldiers 2
Bastion (isn't this also PC? someone clarify)
Trials Evolution
Crimson Alliance
Spelunky HD
fuck, even Minecraft is coming to XBLA 2011.
Guardian Heroes also but not sure if that'll come to PSN depending on sales

Then you have the upcoming MMOs on XBLA like DFO and Class3 (or is it 4?), and the highly likely Torchlight 2.

Well, there's Journey. But Sony needs to step it up IMO.
You forgot your ™ and ®

GeoramA said:
Didn't take Braid long to go down to $7.49

That's the price I'll be buying Limbo at.

I was amazed seeing Braid go for $2.50 or $3.75 on the PS Store earlier this month. I bet there were a lot of sales then!

I ended up getting a copy of Braid for the PC during the Humble Indie Bundle 2, so I'm making a second run-through getting all of the stars this time around.

But I don't think Limbo will be at $7.49 for a long time. Has it gone on sale on the 360 yet? I don't remember seeing anything about that.

Amish_Gramish said:
But I don't think Limbo will be at $7.49 for a long time. Has it gone on sale on the 360 yet? I don't remember seeing anything about that.
Someone in the thread said they'd gotten it half price or something during a sale. I'd guess the Christmas one.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Amish_Gramish said:
I was amazed seeing Braid go for $2.50 or $3.75 on the PS Store earlier this month. I bet there were a lot of sales then!

I ended up getting a copy of Braid for the PC during the Humble Indie Bundle 2, so I'm making a second run-through getting all of the stars this time around.

I bought Limbo when it was 33% off (IIRC) a few months ago. I was hoping for a 50% discount, but well, you know Macro$haft. Got Trials for 50% off at least, so that was rad.

Wish I had waited since I'm actually just borrowing a 360, but I guess I probably wouldn't have played it more than once regardless of platform.

Top Bottom