• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO coming to PSN

LiK

Wario64 said:
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/statuses/86474629962678272

Playdead founder @DinoPatti confirms that their masterpiece LIMBO is heading to PSN in July. More details next week!

faster than expected

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wario64 said:
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/statuses/86474629962678272

Playdead founder @DinoPatti confirms that their masterpiece LIMBO is heading to PSN in July. More details next week!

Wow, that's fast.

Please be next week or next next week.

Would much prefer Rez HD and E4 and Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun...

But anyway, this also has an indication Castlevania HoD (no not the GBA HoD) may be coming to PSN by August, because of the one-year exclusivity/Summer of Arcade 2010 deal just like Limbo. Though Castlevania was in part published by Microsoft Game Studios.

see5harp

GeoramA said:
So a year-long exclusive...smh.

What's even the point of timed exclusives these days? So annoying.

I think it's pretty clear from the amount of time it took to develop that the team may not have been big enough to release multiplatform. Why do you assume that it was their plan all along to even develop multiple versions? Could the success on XBLA been part of reason they decided to start ports? NO ONE KNOWS.

GeoramA said:
So a year-long exclusive...smh.

What's even the point of timed exclusives these days? So annoying.

Well, instead of securing exclusive content for your own userbase, you could also just pay others to lie to the userbase of your competitor and to purposely delay their not yet announced by otherwise identical content.

But if you don't want to get annoyed, just assume that any exclusively released content on the PS3 (even free games/DLC) will never release on any other current (non-Sony) platform or at least not on the 360 and that anything on the 360 (or 360+PC) that is not actually owned (≠published) by MS will come eventually to the PS3.

I'm not completely serious, but this rule of thumb kinda works.

DatBreh said:
Its a good game, i bought it for 15 but for 10 id say its worth a purchase. With games like this and Braid i will beat it once then return to it a year or 2 later when i have forgotten things and play through it again. That way im getting 8 hours of game for my purchase which is pretty good for 10-15 bucks.

Its not a lot of trial and error. You will get killed at first unexpectedly but thats because you dont know what to look out for. Once you start to recognize what can actually kill you
then most of it is on skill and environmental awareness. Id say the most deaths came from the first boss character in the stage.
Awesome thanks, that was pretty much the exact kind of answer I was looking for regarding this game's play mechanics, I might actually dig this game ( I already love the visuals, might even be able to accept it's game play also)

Also thanks to others in here for answering my questions with detailed opinions and explanation of the game.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
soldat7 said:
Maybe imagery of a child being beheaded, drowned, skewered, and otherwise mutilated doesn't settle with him? The option to disable the death animations is the only reason I'm playing the game.

Gilles de Rais likes this post

soldat7 said:
Maybe imagery of a child being beheaded, drowned, skewered, and otherwise mutilated doesn't settle with him? The option to disable the death animations is the only reason I'm playing the game.
That's literally the best part of the game.

SolidusDave said:
Well, instead of securing exclusive content for your own userbase, you could also just pay others to lie to the userbase of your competitor and to purposely delay their not yet announced by otherwise identical content.

But if you don't want to get annoyed, just assume that any exclusively released content on the PS3 (even free games/DLC) will never release on any other current (non-Sony) platform or at least not on the 360 and that anything on the 360 (or 360+PC) that is not actually owned (≠published) by MS will come eventually to the PS3.

I'm not completely serious, but this rule of thumb kinda works.

MS has shown that they only need to have the game be exclusive for a limited time for it to be effective business wise to them and it doesn't hurt the developer since they get to profit on many levels instead of just leaving it on one console.

So everyone wins. MS gets a timed exclusive, the developer gets free marketing by being a timed exclusive and time to work on the port for the PSN (the PC port is basically done with the XBLA version), and every gamer regardless of what platform they own gets to play the game.

Let's remember that a lot of these games are made by little teams that just simply don't have the resources to do multiplatform development all at the same time so this makes total logical sense to do it the way Braid, Castle Crashers, and now Limbo are doing it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Draft said:
Wow! And if you're a PS+ subscriber you might get a dollar off!

Uh... They usually discount the games to $10 if they're $14.99...

Grieves

Wow, I'm new here. Does everything usually blow up like this for using a dollar sign in a name?

I wish I had been about when Gabe Newall was being outspoken about the PS3.

Grieves said:
Wow, I'm new here. Does everything usually blow up like this for using a dollar sign in a name?

I wish I had been about when Gabe Newall was being outspoken about the PS3.

OUTRAGEOUS. You misspelled his name ON PURPOSE, are you an EA community manager?

Grieves

Phonomezer said:
OUTRAGEOUS. You misspelled his name ON PURPOSE, are you an EA community manager?

Lol

I usually refer to him as *** Gabe because I can never remember how to spell his surname.

I thought that might be inappropriate in this thread.

That's it! I'm forever going to be known as a fanboy.

Let the hate commence!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

NeXuSDK

This was bound to happen. PlayDead had a pretty sweet exclusivity deal with Microsoft, where the time-period dependent on the success of the game in the marketplace; the better sales, the longer exclusivity time. As the sales would eventually wind down, the opportunity to port and release on other platforms, and once again create sales, would arise.

It's basically a win-win situation...

ULTROS!

Ostinatto said:
the game isnt available on psn yet?

i want it today plsssss

It's coming out today.

ULTROS!

Nivert

Any price or extra content announced yet?

My favourite downloadable game from last year. I'll double dip if they've added more stuff to it.

Carl

Nivert said:
Any price or extra content announced yet?

My favourite downloadable game from last year. I'll double dip if they've added more stuff to it.

No price announced yet but confirmed PS+ discount on day one (at least for Europe)

Petrichor

The first half of the game easily delivers the most expertly realised sense of isolation and despair that I've experienced in a game. The second half loses that, but remains a fun platformer regardless. Good news that more people will be able to play it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd love to know an exact date :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yoshichan said:
I'd love to know an exact date :(

Check the PSN thread. ;) edit - Looks like you just did.

I think I'll just wait for the Steam version, since I'm assuming it's 720p on consoles.

Yoshichan

Snuggler said:
Check the PSN thread. ;) edit - Looks like you just did.
Yeah I failed miserable ._. !

Top Bottom