• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 coming to Europe

Finally confirmation!

g6xL1vM.png

dealer-

Gumtree, got 250 for it after it being on there for a couple of weeks and Reposting it every so often. However, it was in a like new condition.

Nice, I'd like to get the same. Mine is white and mint condition too but I hate waiting around for stuff to sell so I usually price it too low. At least i should get £220 then, which is what I had in mind.

Nice, I'd like to get the same. Mine is white and mint condition too but I hate waiting around for stuff to sell so I usually price it too low. At least i should get £220 then, which is what I had in mind.

A whole week without a PS4? I don't think I could cope.

Yeah, I wasn't in a rush to sell it so I listed it at that price since it was only 2 months old.Also, I'm replaying MGS' 2,3&4 which are only on PS3 and I got to play the COD beta which was the only thing I'd miss out on if I sold it early :D.
They've just confirmed in the comments on the video that it's the 1200 model. Feel much better about preordering this now!

Finally confirmation!

g6xL1vM.png

Thanks!Happy days.

prateeko

For those of you who preordered from Amazon Spain to import it, the console is back up at Amazon France (albeit with only more expensive shipping options for me) which was cheaper since they didn't pre-charge an import tax (which I'm not sure this would be subject to).

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00ZFD3RI4/

wiibomb

Gamestop actually has the game and the console in stock ready to go, it was torture seeing it :(

I suppose all other outlets have it as well, I hope that's the case.

in any case folks, Game and other outlets are canceling-delaying the PS4 CE, watch out for the PS4 bundle in case of any delays, one never knows..

So... Do Gamestop pull a GAME(For collectors editions) and ask the delivery company to only deliver on release or will it be here tomorrow :D?

SRV

It could well do, Monday is a bank holiday so they could send the games/consoles out for tomorrow and Friday. I've had it happen before when a game launches the day after a bank holiday!

Anybody preordered from Nin-Nin? I just got an email requesting for ID and address documents. That seems kinda weird to me, I've never been requested for such information.

wiibomb

It could well do, Monday is a bank holiday so they could send the games/consoles out for tomorrow and Friday. I've had it happen before when a game launches the day after a bank holiday!

is that in all Europe? because well, amazon.fr hasn't shipped :(

NateDog

Went into my GameStop, guy was a bit if a knob and said there was no chance of getting it dropped down to €400 and pointed at a sign saying "consoles can fluctuate in price". But what really pissed me off was that they still have up an advertisement in the store saying pre-order it now for €399.99 which is really misleading. Onto the national consumers agency to see if they think I have a case and a chance of pushing it through.

wiibomb

if someone has the PS4 from EU shipped I would appreciate if you could tell here, I need to check my order as soon as they start the process to check everything goes well

specially with those with order on amazon.fr, I would appreciate it a lot

nemisis0

Whats the status with preorder for those in Japan? I'd like to pick up one of these since Im leaving for Japan tomorrow.

I went to japan a few months ago and in every store I set foot in they only had black or white ps4 systems, I was lucky to find a ff type 0 ps4 console that I bought, your better of using Amazon.jp to grab one when you are there.

NateDog

Try with a different staff member on the day, if your polite and stuff, no reason you shouldn't get it.
What did you actually say to the guy who served you when you went in and what did they say? Considering the way the guy was I feel like not being very friendly but I don't know what to do, I'll see what the CCPC (new name for NCA) say.

@Japan: Heard it's very hard to find in Japan itself, not sure I'd bank on walking into a store and getting one on the day there.

What did you actually say to the guy who served you when you went in and what did they say? Considering the way the guy was I feel like not being very friendly but I don't know what to do, I'll see what the CCPC (new name for NCA) say.

@Japan: Heard it's very hard to find in Japan itself, not sure I'd bank on walking into a store and getting one on the day there.

I went in and asked them what the story is with the price on the MGS console, cos I pre ordered it for 400 but the price has gone up online even though the store is advertising it for 400, and they said it should be 400 on the day and don't worry about it cos thats all you'll be charged. Then I paid off the 400 quid, and they said I was all squared away and ready to go.

Update for GAME preorder:

Email and SMS received from GAME stating the console will be delivered on Tuesday 1st Sept, DPD will notify with a delivery window of an hour. Looked on the DPD tracker, it set off from the depot a couple of hours ago, about 60 miles down the road. Will doubtless sit in the local depot for the whole weekend, tried to 'upgrade' the delivery to an earlier day but nothing doing.

I wonder if it's possible to collect from the local depot, say, tomorrow...

Got my text too. Going to call the depot when it gets there and ask if collection is possible.
Post an update, I might do this.
Anybody had their shopto Steelbook Edition posted?
EDIT - nevermind, got dispatch email.
EDIT 2- wasn't a dispatch email -_-, purchase confirmation.

NateDog

I went in and asked them what the story is with the price on the MGS console, cos I pre ordered it for 400 but the price has gone up online even though the store is advertising it for 400, and they said it should be 400 on the day and don't worry about it cos thats all you'll be charged. Then I paid off the 400 quid, and they said I was all squared away and ready to go.

Huh but they didn't say it definitely will be €400 on the day? It sounds like usual Gamestop BS to me to be honest, they'll hope someone else will have to deal with it on the day, I hope it will only be €400 for you anyway too. The CCPC said they're looking into my query, which is odd because with every other query on their page they wrote out a detailed reply about it so it makes me think they're contacting Gamestop about it themselves.

They confirmed with me that they are not going out till tomorrow, thus us from shopto :(
I rang them a hour or two ago and the guy said it would be dispatched today, there was an issue with my payment via PayPal for some reason so I used the pay in advance thing and the guy pushed it to processing for me.
Edited previous post was just a late purchase confirmation -_-

Just checked the tracking for the PS4 (ordered from Gamestop.ie), it says it's been exported so that's something. I wonder if there's any chance of it arriving before the 1st? Has anyone had any experience with Nightline-delivers before? I've never heard of them before this.

Huh but they didn't say it definitely will be €400 on the day? It sounds like usual Gamestop BS to me to be honest, they'll hope someone else will have to deal with it on the day, I hope it will only be €400 for you anyway too. The CCPC said they're looking into my query, which is odd because with every other query on their page they wrote out a detailed reply about it so it makes me think they're contacting Gamestop about it themselves.

Well I hope so. Kinda bullshit that every store is still advertising it for 400.

Post an update, I might do this.
Anybody had their shopto Steelbook Edition posted?
EDIT - nevermind, got dispatch email.
EDIT 2- wasn't a dispatch email -_-, purchase confirmation.

Still not at the depot. In meetings from 2pm, so hopefully the status updates before then.

...and there's a helpful depot in Manchester City Centre.

Mergesort

What will happen if amazon can't charge my CC because it would exceed my limit? Do they ask for a different payment method or card or whatever.

nemisis0

Just checked the tracking for the PS4 (ordered from Gamestop.ie), it says it's been exported so that's something. I wonder if there's any chance of it arriving before the 1st? Has anyone had any experience with Nightline-delivers before? I've never heard of them before this.

They post your order to uk mail, uk mail have picked it up from them today and they are scheduled to deliver the ps4 on the 1st.

They post your order to uk mail, uk mail have picked it up from them today and they are scheduled to deliver the ps4 on the 1st.
Yeah I was just reading on another site, you can use your nightline customer reference number to track the package on UK mails website. Seems gamestop asked them to hold back with the delivery =/.

wiibomb

What will happen if amazon can't charge my CC because it would exceed my limit? Do they ask for a different payment method or card or whatever.

it once happened to me that my Debit Card was somehow changed at my bank and that made a preorder I had from amazon to not be fulfilled, they will ask to change payment, but they will give about 24 hours to do so before canceling

Mergesort

it once happened to me that my Debit Card was somehow changed at my bank and that made a preorder I had from amazon to not be fulfilled, they will ask to change payment, but they will give about 24 hours to do so before canceling

Thanks, that is enough time to change the payment method.

Top Bottom