• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 coming to Europe

wiibomb

To Romania, actually, still in EU.
If you log in, you can see if it can be shipped to where you live or not, as well as what the total price is including delivery.

Yeah, just ordered it and everything went perfect so I hope it all comes well, thanks a lot for your help

NateDog

Christ Gamestop are scumbags.

I've ben saving for the last two months for a MGS V PS4, MGS V headset, MGS V hardcover guide, MGS V Collectors Edition and the 20th Anniversary controller.

Lot of leftovers for lunch these last six weeks.

I was tempted by the headset myself but I think the steelbook and console are enough for me, but I miscalculated my expected wages too for the next 2 weeks so I've no idea where I'll stand, although I already paid for the Shopto order so it's a bit off of my shoulders. How long do Gamestop hold onto pre-orders for? I think they told me it was one day after release when I ordered, it's pathetic.

prateeko

Hmm, I can see the preorder link though.

Capture6.png

It is still available at Amazon.fr so I ordered it from there (to the US). I would HIHGLY recommend everyone use them since due to country export fees the breakdown is like this right now.

Amazon.fr --> US: EUR 358 (no VAT charged and no import fees so far, although that may happen when it arrives here ,right?)
Amazon.es --> US: EUR 427 (it is 365 before import deposit, and I'm not sure if it's refundable).

This is what I found from Amazon.com about import fees, which I assume would apply to Amazon.es.

As it stands the boxes look the same on the site and I figured I'd ask to see anyone from the States (or importing in Europe as far as box design goes) about how to proceed.
1) Has anyone ordered a more expensive/electronic item from Amazon France to the US and did you have to pay the import fees at a certain point since they don't take a deposit like Amazon Spain? (I found the website dutuycalculator.com told me from France and Spain, aka the EU, there should be no duty to the US).

2) If anyone has ordered from an Amazon country/site that took the import deposit, was the difference refunded to you later if the actual import cost was less?

3) Is there a box difference between the LE PS4 in Amazon France and Amazon Spain?

crimilde

Banned
It is still available at Amazon.fr so I ordered it from there (to the US). I would HIHGLY recommend everyone use them since due to country export fees the breakdown is like this right now.

Amazon.fr --> US: EUR 358 (no VAT charged and no import fees so far, although that may happen when it arrives here ,right?)
Amazon.es --> US: EUR 427 (it is 365 before import deposit, and I'm not sure if it's refundable).

This is what I found from Amazon.com about import fees, which I assume would apply to Amazon.es.

As it stands the boxes look the same on the site and I figured I'd ask to see anyone from the States (or importing in Europe as far as box design goes) about how to proceed.
1) Has anyone ordered a more expensive/electronic item from Amazon France to the US and did you have to pay the import fees at a certain point since they don't take a deposit like Amazon Spain? (I found the website dutuycalculator.com told me from France and Spain, aka the EU, there should be no duty to the US).

2) If anyone has ordered from an Amazon country/site that took the import deposit, was the difference refunded to you later if the actual import cost was less?

3) Is there a box difference between the LE PS4 in Amazon France and Amazon Spain?

From what I see on Amazon.fr:

Lorsque vous commandez des produits sur Amazon pour être livrés en dehors de l'Union Européenne, vous pouvez être soumis à des obligations et des taxes sur l'importation, qui sont perçues lorsque le colis arrive à destination.
Tous frais supplémentaires de dédouanement seront à votre charge ; nous n'avons aucun contrôle sur ces frais. Les politiques douanières varient fortement d'un pays à l'autre, vous devez donc contacter le service local des douanes pour plus d'informations.

When you order products on Amazon to be delivered outside the EU, you may be subject to import taxes when the parcel arrives at the destination.
You will have to take charge of any extra fee which might need to be payed, we do not have any control over these taxes. The customs policies may vary from one country to another, so you need to contact the local customs office for more information.

From what I see on the Internet, if the value exceeds 100$ you may have to pay an import tax. Better to check at the post office.

wiibomb

I just wonder if someone here on gaf has bough a PS4 or a console from europe to US, and if everything went ok..

I saw on the spanish page that they add a IVA fee that is kinda forced in spain, so I don't even know if that money goes towards the taxes for US or more like taxes to be paid in spain

Email received from GAME stating that all MGSV preorders will be charged on Monday 24th August (but not sent early). I imagine this includes orders for the LE PS4 (it isn't stated in the mail, only mentions all versions of the game), so be mindful of having appropriate funds ready for that date if you have an order with them.

prateeko

I just wonder if someone here on gaf has bough a PS4 or a console from europe to US, and if everything went ok..

I saw on the spanish page that they add a IVA fee that is kinda forced in spain, so I don't even know if that money goes towards the taxes for US or more like taxes to be paid in spain

That's what I'm wondering because the duty calculating website stated no additional fees for the PS4 and I was able to select it from their websites drop down so personal experiences would be helpful.

wiibomb

That's what I'm wondering because the duty calculating website stated no additional fees for the PS4 and I was able to select it from their websites drop down so personal experiences would be helpful.

If there are no aditional fees/taxes then I would be more calm, because the amazon page always says those fees messages to warn the consumer in case of X country which has fees for the item, in my country those fees are extremely high so amazon warns before hand.

And that would confirm me that spain has a kind of internal tax for that purchase. I'll go and cancel that order.

Not sure if it's been brought up already, but North America's Gamestop seems to have the Phantom Pain Collector's Edition for both PS4 and Xbox One, (games) back in stock. Not sure if it was thread worthy or if there was already a thread floating around about it. It's still sold out on Amazon and Best Buy, though.

PS4 http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition/120844#productDetails

Xbox One http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition/120845

wiibomb

Not sure if it's been brought up already, but North America's Gamestop seems to have the Phantom Pain Collector's Edition for both PS4 and Xbox One, (games) back in stock. Not sure if it was thread worthy or if there was already a thread floating around about it. It's still sold out on Amazon and Best Buy, though.

PS4 http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition/120844#productDetails

Xbox One http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition/120845

Probably the last ones, Amazon had a relisting of the same some weeks ago, may be they are remnants of the canceled orders since they sold out on March

NateDog

https://twitter.com/PlayStationFR/status/624146027071832064

FUCK! WHYYYY ARGH, there was so much time to add the new one!!!

Wait so now it's apparently the old model? The fuck. Kojima himself said it was the newer one though so despite him normally bullshitting about certain things, I presume he knows better about this and that Playstation France might have just checked on what the box says and gone by that. At least this is what I hope.

Mergesort

I heard the EU is getting the old version while Japan is getting the new one. That might be the reason why Kojima said it would be the new one. Maybe he ment the japanese version.

wiibomb

I heard the EU is getting the old version while Japan is getting the new one. That might be the reason why Kojima said it would be the new one. Maybe he ment the japanese version.

Ooooh that makes sense... sad that if we are getting the old version..

prateeko

If there are no aditional fees/taxes then I would be more calm, because the amazon page always says those fees messages to warn the consumer in case of X country which has fees for the item, in my country those fees are extremely high so amazon warns before hand.

And that would confirm me that spain has a kind of internal tax for that purchase. I'll go and cancel that order.

That website also listed no import tax if the item is coming from Spain, so I'm not really sure what to think. Either way I'm also going to cancel my order from Amazon Spain and stick with Amazon France.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationFR/status/624146027071832064

FUCK! WHYYYY ARGH, there was so much time to add the new one!!!

Sorry to be ignorant but I still have a launch PS four. What are the benefits of the newer model (which the limited-edition shall not be)?

Amazon Spain (I think?) updated their packshots for both the Limited and regular MGSV bundles, they both say CUH-1216A on them. Don't worry about that PS France tweet.

EDIT: Beaten =(

leng jai

I'm going to end up having 2 PS4s in the same room. My old white one will be within arm's reach of me next to the couch and be my disc machine. The MGS one will be on the shelf next to the TV and be the machine for my games on hard drive.

Completely not overkill.

Hey guys can you help me out.
So if i want to import one of these limited edition ps4s to the US. which site should i use that is trust worthy? Any suggestions?

wiibomb

Hey guys can you help me out.
So if i want to import one of these limited edition ps4s to the US. which site should i use that is trust worthy? Any suggestions?

Amazon from europe all the way...

They are extre.ely trusty with everything, and in fact I don't know if other sites ship to US...

If you can, you should preorder from amazon.fr, if there are no more left there, then the only other option is amazon.es..

Regarding specifics about this PS4 you should check the last pages on this thread

Amazon from europe all the way...

They are extre.ely trusty with everything, and in fact I don't know if other sites ship to US...

If you can, you should preorder from amazon.fr, if there are no more left there, then the only other option is amazon.es..

Regarding specifics about this PS4 you should check the last pages on this thread

ok cool thanks. do you have the link for them at all? Any still available?

prateeko

Probably like every other Amazon they charge when they ship. Some places place a temp hold to verify they can charge your card so I always use a credit card for this type of thing (plus the one I used doesn't charge conversion fees).

So I really wanted this PS4 over the Destiny TK one but I wonder about having to get a special plug converter for my outlet and the power problem. Could I just use a regular us power adapter on this system or would I have to always need a converter?

Resilient

As always, throughly Google and research you country's power supply, the devices power supply and the necessary steps you need to ensure the device works correctly. It's unique.

wiibomb

I believe the PS4 accepts any voltage, so you can use a US lead on it.

Yup, a quick google search I made on monday said that the only difference is the plug cable, which is very easy to find (the ps3 even had the same plug), because the voltage goes from 110-220v so they accept all

crimilde

Banned
I just saw this LE come up on a local retailer's site, priced at 420 Euro. I'm thinking about selling my PS4 and getting this... :D

I also posted a question asking which model it is, but they have yet to reply. If it's still CUH-11xx I might pass on it.

Ein Bear

Can you do system transfers on the PS4 like you could the PS3? Am wondering what the best way to move all the stuff over from my old system is. I'd be sad to lose PT.

Hela

I have a pre-order from Gamestop IE with an in-store pickup on the 1st, but if it's not the latest model, then I'll pass on it and get the same itself since I already have a perfectly working PS4.

Top Bottom