• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 coming to Europe

Hela

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Going in-store to pre-order it later on today. Would do it online but not paying extra for post and they'll probably ask for the full payment now on their site too. Thanks for the heads up!

You can pre-order it online with an in-store pickup.
They charge a 5 euro deposit, but still a good way of making sure you'll get it day one.

I am still confused - is the MGS5 bundle using the CUH-1200 series hardware or not?

The official post on PlayStation Blog has pictures where the hardware is marked as CUH-1116A. And that is the old manufacture code as far as I know. I don't want to buy the old model, even when it comes with a snazzy color scheme.

Guys?

Its using the new system

those pictures came out before sony officially announced the new spec system

also kojima confirmed that the mgs v bundle will have the new spec as well

Hela

Its using the new system

those pictures came out before sony officially announced the new spec system

also kojima confirmed that the mgs v bundle will have the new spec as well

So it won't have the glossy plastics shown when Kojima revealed the console then?
That's great to hear, because that bit didn't look great.

edit:

I wonder how this console will turn out in the end, because the colour on the box/promotional images and the colour of the sample console they've been showing off is completely different:
metal-gear-solid-v-thavrj3.jpg

b_vmiljuuaactph7goza.jpg

And I'd prefer the former.

Hela

Oh wow. That makes me no longer want it. Eesh.

Well, it's making me reconsider at the moment. Was expecting what's one the box.

Hopefully some gets their hands on the console before the 1st and we can see what the retail version looks like before I go to pick up my pre-order.

dealer-

Found that on Hotukdeals, guy said Kojima posted it a few days ago.

Gone with Gamestop too, £280 compared to £365 from Game.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_OmIeaKDTg yeah it's glossy :( Damn.

Ha, that was me. I also tweeted Kojima asking whether it will be all matte. He won't reply though. The colour looks a lot nicer in that pic than others I've seen. You'd think it would be matte considering it's the revised model but maybe they've kept the gloss due to it being a limited edition

NateDog

Free delivery for me in the UK at least. Paid via PayPal no payment taken, website says 5 days before dispatch.

Ah I didn't know. I ran into my closest store anyway and pre-ordered it there. Been waiting too long for it so I wasn't going to give myself any chance to miss out on it. Plus I think I prefer just walking into a store and picking up a console and being able to pay off it as I go. Hate dealing with Gamestop but makes things so much easier having a store here have it, and so much cheaper than Amazon France's two differing prices. Not to mention we don't have to wait until like a week after release for the game!

Also yeah I think the glossy finish makes it look like crap, but honestly at this stage I don't really care. It's MGS related, it's the new model, it's a limited edition version and it has a beautiful controller. Made perfect sense for me to get it, if it's for someone already with a PS4 that wants a newer model or a better looking one then yeah maybe the Destiny one is best since it looks amazing, but I'm still chuffed to be getting this. The console box is awesome too.

Ordered the 20th Anniversary Dualshock 4 too. So set up this September, my GF is going to literally want to kill me.

L.O.R.D

This is reveal of console:

b_vmiljuuaactph7goza.jpg

Kojima confirming it's the new model:

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/613611677032976384

My Japanese understanding is non existant, so via google translate:

CIP8j9NVAAAi2Pz.jpg

Found that on Hotukdeals, guy said Kojima posted it a few days ago.

Gone with Gamestop too, £280 compared to £365 from Game.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_OmIeaKDTg yeah it's glossy :( Damn.
So, which one is the real?
I like the darker red more

Sakujou

Banned
In germany the pre order price was at first on 449€,but it went down to 429€.since everyone is expecting a good offer during or after gamescom, i hope i can get a lower price. I suppose there won't be a price cut, since the ps4 sells shitcakes right?

Gun Animal

The Destiny system just came out recently, and Destiny is way more popular than MGS.
God, between Watch_Dogs and Destiny both banking despite their inherent faults, I'm starting to feel like this isn't the sub-culture for me anymore... I was about to type "maybe I'm just getting old" but then I remembered that I'm about four years younger than the high target demo for those games. :/

NateDog

I have the price screenshotted, and a receipt (at 400 euro) so I'm hoping they'll honour it even if the price goes up.

Prices normally never go up if you buy online with Gamestop, in-store is different. I probably should have ordered online for that but was worried that if I chucked in another pre-order they would wait until the other item is available to send it, plus I just wanted to make sure I got the pre-order down and could pay off it since it's easier. The store employee said it's unlikely it'll go up before it comes out as it's a flat price and usually LE systems stay at that price before release and on release until a few days later when it'll go up as it's a "special price" for it. Still, I'll do the same just in case.

Wait... for how much did you pre-order yours in the UK? I thought it was supposed to be cheaper at amazon.fr?

I pre-ordered from GAME in store. They are currently charging £365.00. The staff in store mentioned something about it may or less go down around £20 or so on launch as apparently a similar thing happened with the batman LE ps4. (So he says)

And yes Amazon.fr is cheaper but I wanted to pick it up from a store day one. Don't want to risk any shipping damage or poor courier handling.
And mainly because all my consoles have been bought in store on day one and I miss that feeling.

Hobohodo

Hey Ninja Boy, the batman did drop in price like the day for release so it could happen.

Was tempted before, knowing that it's the 1200 model, well.

The transaction isn't on the pending page of my paypal anymore, I've never pre-ordered with paypal before, where can I find the transaction?
Gamestop shows the order as confirmed.

Top Bottom