• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PS4 coming to Europe

If this only releases in the UK, if I import it to the U.S., will it work here in the U.S.? Or will I have to get something to make it work?

If this only releases in the UK, if I import it to the U.S., will it work here in the U.S.? Or will I have to get something to make it work?

Yes, it will work, there's no issues, you'll just need to have the right power adaptor due to the US and UK using different adaptors. You won't need anything else though (your existing PS4's adaptor would be fine)

They could have at least made this the 1TB version like the upcoming Xbone LE editions.

It is 1TB according to the PS EU blog.

The Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront PS4 Bundle will include a custom 1TB limited edition PS4 system and DualShock 4 wireless controller inspired by Darth Vader. The fully customized PS4 features an image of Darth Vader, as well as a repeated Star Wars logo etching across the top of the system. The Darth Vader edition DualShock 4 is inspired by Darth Vader’s suit and features the repeated Star Wars logo on the DualShock 4’s touchpad.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/16/limited-edition-darth-vader-inspired-ps4-available-this-november/

Pre-ordered my limited edition bundle today and wondering whether to sell my launch PS4 or really pee off my girlfriend and hook it up to the TV in my room.

Ashler

Pre-ordered my limited edition bundle today and wondering whether to sell my launch PS4 or really pee off my girlfriend and hook it up to the TV in my room.

200_s.gif

wiibomb

If anyone for some reason don't want his/her order of this PS4 and could ship it to US then please PM me, I could buy it off from you since in US this is not available and I'm pretty much hopeless I could get a store with this to ship it to US

Any reasonable ways to import this? I've seen a few ebay listings and other stuff but they all seem to be in the $700 dollar range.

NateDog

Every time this thread gets bumped I fear someone will tell me Gamestop upped their price again. Apparently the 20th Anniversary DS4 is getting released the same day now and there's no way I can afford this console, my Shopto copy of MGSV (for the steelbook) and the controller all on one day.

Every time this thread gets bumped I fear someone will tell me Gamestop upped their price again. Apparently the 20th Anniversary DS4 is getting released the same day now and there's no way I can afford this console, my Shopto copy of MGSV (for the steelbook) and the controller all on one day.

Gamestop in swords told me the price is now fixed, might be shite though :) sell the copy of MGS that comes in the bundle?

ruxtpin

Banned
Screw it. Canceling my Destiny PS4 pre-order and ordered this one from Amazon Spain. So from what everyone in this thread is saying, all I need is my old power cable? I'll still be able to play all my old games and Bly-Rays?

prateeko

Screw it. Canceling my Destiny PS4 pre-order and ordered this one from Amazon Spain. So from what everyone in this thread is saying, all I need is my old power cable? I'll still be able to play all my old games and Bly-Rays?

I'm with you. It's annoying the US isn't getting it and it looks like shipping to the US is only EUR 10.

Is this the cheapest way to get it from a reliable source?

Blu-ray may be an issue, but I believe the majority of them are region free. If there's any that are region locked, they won't play.

prateeko

Wait... do they ship to US???

Yes. And I saw Amazon.fr HAD this in stock (I tried to add it to my cart and it wouldn't let me). When I added the Destiny bundle on Amazon France and all but checked out I noticed they weren't charging me an import tax. Can anyone who ordered this from Amazon France to the US confirm what the total is and/or if Amzon Fr charges an import fee to the US?

wiibomb

Yes. And I saw Amazon.fr HAD this in stock (I tried to add it to my cart and it wouldn't let me). When I added the Destiny bundle on Amazon France and all but checked out I noticed they weren't charging me an import tax. Can anyone who ordered this from Amazon France to the US confirm what the total is and/or if Amzon Fr charges an import fee to the US?

I just ordered from amazon spain and it costs me about $505, which seems very nice, however if amazon france costs less then I might change my order.

BTW, does anyone here knows if I need something extra for this europe PS4 to work in US? I mean, I read there was something related with the power adaptor, but I don't know well

Christ Gamestop are scumbags.

I've ben saving for the last two months for a MGS V PS4, MGS V headset, MGS V hardcover guide, MGS V Collectors Edition and the 20th Anniversary controller.

Lot of leftovers for lunch these last six weeks.

Christ Gamestop are scumbags.

I've ben saving for the last two months for a MGS V PS4, MGS V headset, MGS V hardcover guide, MGS V Collectors Edition and the 20th Anniversary controller.

Lot of leftovers for lunch these last six weeks.

270 value for a PS4 isn't bad. Specially since you can get a new one in argos with a couple of games for only 80 quid more.

I was gonna sell my PS4 privately, but I might just trade it into gamestop now and save the hassle.

Still so jealous this isn't coming to the states.

Really wish that box art for the console was the box art for the game. Never understand why they switched to having in game models on the cover instead of the actual art work.

Occam

Word of advice for Americans considering to import from Europe: North America has a different Blu Ray region code. Many discs have no region lock, but some do.

Please feel free to contact the congressman of your choice and ask for a ban on region locking.

ruxtpin

Banned
I placed an order on Amazon Spain and then cancelled it. I could afford this, but as a NA consumer if I get a Spanish copy of the game and get the Spanish downloads that go along with the day one edition then I have to keep doing Spanish downloads going forward. I could sell the game and get an NA copy, but at that point I feel like I'm just flushing money away. Could get the Forza 6 XboxOne to go with my Destiny PS4 instead.

Edit: And I don't want to deal with the Blu-Ray issue mentioned above either.

crimilde

Banned
I just ordered from amazon spain and it costs me about $505, which seems very nice, however if amazon france costs less then I might change my order.

BTW, does anyone here knows if I need something extra for this europe PS4 to work in US? I mean, I read there was something related with the power adaptor, but I don't know well

It's 420 euro on Amazon FR, that should be around 460 USD I think:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00ZFD3RI4/

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
wpid-wp-1439910865917.jpeg

Sony Mobile Japan will release a limited edition version of the Xperia J1 Compact based around the iconic Metal Gear game series. The Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Edition of the Xperia J1 Compact will feature an “Outer Heaven” graphic on the rear along with custom ringtones and wallpaper from the game. Preorders for the MGSV: TPP Xperia J1 Compact start from today at a price point of 59,800 yen + tax with the phone expected to release on 2 September 2015 in limited quantities. Sony Japan will also release Metal Gear versions of the NW-ZX2 and NW-A16 Walkman players. Further information can be found at the source link below.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/08/1...-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-edition/

Not sure if thread worthy.

crimilde

Banned
Heh, thanks, it JUST came up again, I was wondering though if this will arrive with everything in french or are all these Europe SKUs the same across all europe and include only the english version?

I got my Vita from Amazon fr. From what I remember, printed stuff like user's guide etc was multi-language.

The system itself can be set to any of the available languages supported by the PS4 worldwide. When you first boot into it, it will ask you to choose a language.

I also ordered a lot of games from Amazon fr and they all had English available. The case itself was printed in French though.

wiibomb

I got my Vita from Amazon fr. From what I remember, printed stuff like user's guide etc was multi-language.

The system itself can be set to any of the available languages supported by the PS4 worldwide. When you first boot into it, it will ask you to choose a language.

I also ordered a lot of games from Amazon fr and they all had English available. The case itself was printed in French though.

Then I guess I'll just cancel my amazon.es order and get this one, at less than €400 I'm in the far superior option.

And you got your vita and your games shipped to US? I'm kinda nervous they pull me a "sorry! This can't be shipped" when the order is being processed

crimilde

Banned
Then I guess I'll just cancel my amazon.es order and get this one, at less than €400 I'm in the far superior option.

And you got your vita and your games shipped to US? I'm kinda nervous they pull me a "sorry! This can't be shipped" when the order is being processed

To Romania, actually, still in EU.
If you log in, you can see if it can be shipped to where you live or not, as well as what the total price is including delivery.

Top Bottom