• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition Uncharted 4 PS4 Bundle Announced

1tb version for UK

http://www.game.co.uk/en/limited-ed...=737200&pageNumber=2&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC

481249_ps4_a.png

That packaging is way cooler than NA! Lucky UK

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
They were smart to announce it now. Tax return season has just started. I sense a lot of impulse buys.

The only thing Sony have to worry about is the fact this bundle could cannibalise PS4 sales for the months leading up to the release of the game. Hopefully the Black Ops 3 Bundle holds its ground.

The only thing Sony have to worry about is the fact this bundle could cannibalise PS4 sales for the months leading up to the release of the game. Hopefully the Black Ops 3 Bundle holds its ground.

I don't think it will hurt sales much. Call Of Duty is popular enough that it is still a better deal for most people to get the Blacks III OP bundle and buy Uncharted 4 separately than spend $400 for limited edition bundle.

Pinkish Phoenix

Neo Member
And another boring uninspired LE console by Sony. Seriously they need to take a look at how MS does LE consoles. When I hear about these things from MS I know it's going to be good because the get creative with it and they do quirky shit like ad startup sounds and stuff, it seems like they had fun designing it. Why is it that all Sony can do is say "Welp, heres your generic run of the mill looking LE console, we threw a peice of boring promo art on it as well as the logo in case you forgot the name of the game." At this rate I'm going to have to import the MGSV PS4.

Max_Po

Banned
And another boring uninspired LE console by Sony. Seriously they need to take a look at how MS does LE consoles. When I hear about these things from MS I know it's going to be good because the get creative with it and they do quirky shit like ad startup sounds and stuff, it seems like they had fun designing it. Why is it that all Sony can do is say "Welp, heres your generic run of the mill looking LE console, we threw a peice of boring promo art on it as well as the logo in case you forgot the name of the game." At this rate I'm going to have to import the MGSV PS4.

Thanks for your input Major.

Elandyll

Banned
Gotta be a parody post I think...

Didn't one of the themes come with the original start up sound? And that was part of the limited edition grey Classic Ps4 I believe. Sony did some very nice LE already, and I'm sure many will love this one, some people want Drake on their console.

Let's not accuse anyone of something like parody post or whatever. Something like this is pretty subjective. I also don't like console designs that are too "overtly" promoting the image of the game characters. I like much more subtle, unassuming designs like the MGSV PS4 or Destiny PS4, where the reference to what the design means are more subtle. I don't like character arts on consoles.

I really realy like the colour scheme of this UC4 bundle, but I would had preferred a map-design being its print image than Drake. Something like this. =P

CadRX8ZVAAMK-TF.jpg

Friend, the FFXV design is basically done, and I'm sorry to say that Destiny and MGS5 reign supreme. It isn't very good. Maybe you'll get something better next time with the Kingdom of the Hearts.

We in Nathaniel Drake's time now. The bestest of times. Bless this murderer.
you crushed my hopes :/ or you have got bad taste :)

Shenmue

Banned
Friend, the FFXV design is basically done, and I'm sorry to say that Destiny and MGS5 reign supreme. It isn't very good. Maybe you'll get something better next time with the Kingdom of the Hearts.

We in Nathaniel Drake's time now. The bestest of times. Bless this murderer.

Is it at least as good as the lightning ff13 ps3s?

I want to get hyped for this since I'd like to pick up another PS4... But DAYUM this thing is fugly. Oh well. Edit: To clarify, I actually like the color choice a lot. But dislike the character art. I much prefer the idea shown above of a map etched into the surface. Just slapping Drake onto the top is tacky and cheesy.

Side Note: Being 500GB instead of 1TB is a slight negative as well. 2016 should be the year both current gen consoles standardize on 1TB and eliminate the 500GB SKUs.

CD'S BAR

Going to get that controller but c'mon don't price that shit at 64.99 just for a color change.

Anyway it'll go on sale soon enough just like the anniversary and other controller.s

jjonez18

I don't think it will hurt sales much. Call Of Duty is popular enough that it is still a better deal for most people to get the Blacks III OP bundle and buy Uncharted 4 separately than spend $400 for limited edition bundle.

Yup. Not to mention April is'nt exactly the best month for console sales. February and March are strong hardware movers and will most likely be >April despite Uncharted and the LE Bundle. I'm not expecting a complete vacuum pre-Uncharted, then an explosion like we saw with Destiny or Batman (Both positioned in prime spaces where buildup could be maximized). I think we are looking at a maintained momentum type situation here. Hefty numbers for Feb-March (>300k) then a better than usual hold in April.

*NPD of course.

I'll probably wait on the controller and just pick up the gold headset for the time being.

I really do love the color but would've preferred Drake not being on the console, but rather something like the map mockup that someone posted earlier in the thread.

Love the US box, it's not often you see a render of an in-game background as the boxart, it's usually something tame like character art (EU).

Do you guys think this will be limited and hard to get if not bought within release day?

I can buy it around a month after release other wise i have to sell some games and consoles to buy it now.

This could be the last game edition ps4 for a long time.

Or maybe a ff 15 or kingdom hearts 3 ps4 are in the works?!!

Memento

Do you guys think this will be limited and hard to get if not bought within release day?

I can buy it around a month after release other wise i have to sell some games and consoles to buy it now.

A FF15 Limited Edition is definitely coming. I am also positive about Persona 5, but this one would probably be Japan only.

There are definitely going to be FF15 and KH3 PS4's

sense

A FF15 Limited Edition is definitely coming. I am also positive about Persona 5, but this one would probably be Japan only.
I don't know if we will get either of those limited edition ps4 in US. They are guaranteed for Japan. Plus, I dont think Sony has the marketin deal for ffxv atleast for US. Maybe another mgs5 situation

Top Bottom