• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Thanks for the replies.

I kept getting "sold out" on my screen for Vita version

So I closed the tab and reopened it and tried again and sure enough, was able to buy a copy.

So.. i guess when the next set of this batch goes live, you might try that if you get Sold Out.

Try closing your browser, or using a different browser. Still showing a sliver left for me.

Tried that multiple times. No dice.

Hobbun

Thanks for the replies.

I kept getting "sold out" on my screen for Vita version

So I closed the tab and reopened it and tried again and sure enough, was able to buy a copy.

So.. i guess when the next set of this batch goes live, you might try that if you get Sold Out.

Please tell me you will have a lot more than 5,000 for CSH!

Tapejara

Also, for those interested, I already have a couple PS4 protective case that I bought from these guys and they are pretty good! It's a plastic case, but does its job and looks nice as well. I'm sure the vita cases are the same quality.

Funny enough when I went to order it said the Vita cases were all sold out lol.

Hobbun

Uh, I was annoyed enough that I didn't manage to grab a Vita copy after getting the PS4 one, but now it appears I may not even had bought that one! Nothing's showing on my account order history. I am going to royally pissed if I missed both of them.

Did you get a confirmation email from LRG? If so, then you are ok.

PS4 still in stock but Vita was available less than `1 min as I was refreshing the entire time. I'm all for Limited Releases but if I can't get a copy when I'm on the site, logged in, refreshing the entire time not sure I'm going to bother with future releases.

Tried that multiple times. No dice.

I've done everything as possible as well and could not order the Vita version. I was able to order the PS4 version no problem.

This is really frustrating and I hope I don't have this problem if I try to get the Vita version for the second batch.

I haven't missed one release yet but they really need to figure out what is causing these issues. :(

dgco86

You mean refreshing the page? No. Ctrl +f5 just opens file for me.

Ah rats I think it's sold out now... It allows me to add to cart but can't go any further after pressing checkout saying it's out of stock.

Anyway if you're still having trouble during the restock later try Ctrl+R. Not sure which browser you're using but sounds like Internet Explorer from the Ctrl+F5 behavior.

Storm360

They really need to work out the ordering process for future releases

Grabbed a PS4, if I get a Vita in the second batch is it possible to combine shipping?

Ventara

I've done everything as possible as well and could not order the Vita version. I was able to order the PS4 version no problem.

This is really frustrating and I hope I don't have this problem if I try to get the Vita version for the second batch.

I haven't missed one release yet but they really need to figure out what is causing these issues. :(

Yeah, PS4 version went to cart just fine, though sadly I don't want that version.

LRG, is there any work around to this? Like, can I order the PS4 version if it happens again and just make a note that I want the Vita version. I really don't want to be stuck like this again.

Ah rats I think it's sold out now... It allows me to add to cart but can't go any further after pressing checkout saying it's out of stock.

Anyway if you're still having trouble during the restock later try Ctrl+R. Not sure which browser you're using but sounds like Internet Explorer from the Ctrl+F5 behavior.

Firefox

I really hope everyone that missed out on the Vita version gets one in the second batch. That sucks.

Thing is, I have an appointment at 6EST, so I was really counting on making it here. Now, I have to cancel an appointment to have another shot. And who knows if it glitches on me again.

Well I can report trying to order Vita from Mobile Chrome was broken.

Got a PS4 order in. Guess Limited Runbhas made it to Mondo levels of insanity.

shinkai

Hopefully I can snag a Vita copy during the 2nd batch. I seriously hope some folks didn't order more then one for each platform :(

Yep, not had a problem until today and I've gotten all of their previous releases. I actually love Limited Releases but if you are selling out in under a min it's basically luck of the draw on who gets it.

Hopefully I can snag a Vita copy during the 2nd batch. I seriously hope some folks didn't order more then one for each platform :(

I hope they did so LRG can cancel those orders and put more up for sale.

LRG, is there any work around to this? Like, can I order the PS4 version if it happens again and just make a note that I want the Vita version. I really don't want to be stuck like this again.

That's because the PS4 version still hasn't sold out yet, which wouldn't really solve anything :p

LiK

If they did, it'll be canceled per the site warnings.

PS4 was a PS+ game so I'm guessing people want the Vita more cuz of that.

Wereroku

Seemed to be a bit more stable this time. Good going LRG.

Edit: Reading through the thread maybe not as stable as it seemed to me. I gave up on the vita side I am just going to ps4 copies from now on.

For whatever reason I thought this would be up at 6PM BST. Missed Vita version so ordered PS4. Will try the second batch for Vita instead...hopefully I'm on time.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Part of the reason Vita sold out so quick is because...

For one, they split the total copies up into two batches.

And the Vita version has half as many as the PS4 version.

So the Vita version is getting 2500 copies worldwide, which means only 1250 were available this morning.

Also I tend to think the Vita install base, while small, is very active and buys lots of games. So while Vita versions of whatever may not sell "a lot!" compared to big platforms, when there's niche releases the Vita platform tends to do pretty darn well.

Lokbob

Just a general question, sorry if it has been answered before.

Why do these games have to be so limited if they sell out all the time? Why not produce more? Are they scared they would sit on unsold copies?

NDPsycho

Well I can report trying to order Vita from Mobile Chrome was broken.

Got a PS4 order in. Guess Limited Runbhas made it to Mondo levels of insanity.

I ordered through mobile chrome with no issues when it all went live. I don't think it is specific to a browser.

Shizuka

Hopefully this yields more Vita games and similar print runs to the PS4 games from now on.

I think LRG should strive for parity since it's clear that when in small numbers (under 5000), both PS4 and Vita can pull off those numbers.

So the Vita version is getting 2500 copies worldwide, which means only 1250 were available this morning.

Also I tend to think the Vita install base, while small, is very active and buys lots of games. So while Vita versions of whatever may not sell "a lot!" compared to big platforms, when there's niche releases the Vita platform tends to do pretty darn well.

Which is why CSH will have at least 5000 copies for the Vita, right?

NotMSRP

Got both, even when I had to reenter info for some reason that delayed finishing my order. Went a lot better for me than the clusterfuck Saturday Morning RPG was. Still sad missing out on the CDs. =(

They could easily take it out of the second or third batches. Seems pretty obvious.

I mean, I know it's frustrating (is for me too!) but this seems like a bizarre solution. And they're going to have to go through every single PS4 order to check to see whether people were actually ordering a Vita version.

They're already a small company and this is a pretty large undertaking as it is. They need to improve/move their website but sometimes demand is demand, and there's clearly loads there for this particular game on Vita.

Ventara

I mean, I know it's frustrating (is for me too!) but this seems like a bizarre solution. And they're going to have to go through every single PS4 order to check to see whether people were actually ordering a Vita version.

They're already a small company and this is a pretty large undertaking as it is. They need to improve/move their website but sometimes demand is demand, and there's clearly loads there for this particular game on Vita.

Uh, they do read the extra messages you put on the orders. They don't have to go through every PS4 order. Don't know why you'd think that.

And a bizarre solution is better than no solution, though why do you think it's bizarre?

blazeuk

There's always going to be issues with this sort of thing, not saying there's no way to improve the website but when you've got thousands of people refreshing pages, adding stock to baskets within seconds of each other it's not unusual for even large websites to struggle.

The lower print probably also makes it the more sought after one this time, I bet. Last time, with SMRPG, Vita version seemed to take a tiny bit longer to sell out especially in the second batch, so it was reactionary caution I guess.

Best to err on the optimistic side for both versions imo. They could have made another little chunk of cash money today.

And a bizarre solution is better than no solution, though why do you think it's bizarre?

Because they'll have an order on their system showing for PS4 which they'll have to cancel and then put back onto the site for someone else to get, and then take one from the Vita stock which will take one order away from someone else.

The idea of having a second batch wasn't really for if you missed it first time you'd get a second chance (although that's certainly part of it); it was that people from all over the world order these games and for some of them it's not practically possible to order it at a specific time. And if they sold out of all 2,500 copies because everyone who hadn't gotten a Vita version had ordered a PS4 version with a note on, then there'd be no stock left over for a second batch.

And they would have to check through every order to see if it had a note on if they implemented it. Why wouldn't they? If they were allowing people to do that then they'd have to check.

It's a logistical nightmare, I don't know why you think it'd be practical for a 2-man team to do at all.

But at the end of the day, it's not up to me, it's up to the guys from LRG.

Ventara

Anyways, guess I'll be missing out on this. Not gonna cancel an appointment just for the site to glitch on me again. Sucks that I won't have a full Vita collection anymore.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Which is why CSH will have at least 5000 copies for the Vita, right?

I dunno but the Vita is a platform where JRPG/JRPG-styled games thrive so having a decent Vita print is a good idea.

The lower print probably also makes it the more sought after one this time, I bet. Last time, with SMRPG, Vita version seemed to take a tiny bit longer to sell out especially in the second batch, so it was reactionary caution I guess.

Best to err on the optimistic side for both versions imo.

Yeah, the diff platforms have different markets for certain game types. Definitely expect the more japanese-related or RPG leaning stuff to be more popular on the Vita than something that isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom