• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limitless |OT| Cooper's Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now hate this show

U3Ahw7cl.jpg

saunderez

I'm liking this episode a lot more than the pilot, and I thought the pilot was pretty great.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot more too, I felt like it took itself a bit too seriously at first which is a huge mistake considering this is a series about a guy who gets paid by the FBI to do drugs. Brian being a smartass is perfect.

DJ_Lae

Really enjoyed the second episode - I'm loving the tone of the show, makes it a lot more fun to watch.

Forsythia

I liked these 2 episodes, but they have such unlimited potential, and they turn it into another fucking cop show. Same with Minority Report (although that makes a bit more sense). I'm so freaking tired of cop shows with one random dude doing something special.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was Bradley Cooper also a dick in the movie?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Yeah it was.

This show is actually quite awesome, in my opinion. It has the perfect amount of humor.
Yeah I'm really liking this show. It's just a fresh take on the procedural cop drama. I don't know if this premise will work month after month, but I'm willing to give it a shot and see.

Toothless

I thought it was weird that the last episode didn't pick up on what the main character would say to his father. Wonder if this week's will acknowledge it.

DaveH

The appeal of Limitless is that he's actually quite limited... hemmed in by the FBI and his benefactor and time limit.

They've already flubbed on the hyper-intelligence a few times but it's forgivable as long as they keep the human drama up and he keeps having fun with his savant powers... the moment they're more of a curse than a delight the show better have a serious dramatic hook to keep me because the joy of the powers is what distinguishes this hyper-competent consultant from all the other bitterly-cursed-hyper-competent-consultant shows.

Toothless

I enjoy this because it seems like the procedural parts are the afterthought, compared to a lot of other similar high concept procedurals I've seen, where the arc takes a backseat to the more boring aspects.

Plus, the lead is super charismatic.

Kin5290

For a cheap ripoff of a mediocre Bradley Cooper vehicle with a very poor understanding of how brains work, this show is actually one of the better shows this freshman season.

Having a personality (and leads who have personality) certainly help.

Welp, that ending. It was obvious he wouldn't be able to keep it to himself.

----

This show really is great, and has a lot potential. I hope enough people are watching so that it doesn't get cancelled.

Bandit1

This show keeps getting darker as it goes along. I think Brian is about to get in over his head. I guess he kind of already is.

I loved last week's episode where the guy in interrogation says he never meant to be a spy and described how things snowballed, which directly applied to Brian, and Brian missed out on it because he was stealing government information.

Sober

wow both deb and her boyfriend cop on this show.
Yeah the casting here is interesting. The actress who played Shauna (the ex-gf from earlier) is actually Annaleigh Tipton who was McDorman's costar last year on Manhattan Love Story.

Desmond Harrington looks more gaunt each time I see him though, jesus fucking christ, I hope he's okay.

RedAssedApe

Banned
caught the first two episodes and they were pretty good. sounds like its maintaining the quality so i'll probably check out some more eps

hbkdx12

Think i might drop Minority Report and start watching this.

Minority report is so bland outside of all the cool tech futurey stuff.

I wasn't thrilled about Meagan good as being the lead but i knew it was pretty much game over when wilmer showed up.

Sober

I didn't get the point of those videos. I get that he doesn't have an amazing intellectual capacity off NZT but wouldn't he at least be able to remember those basic messages?
It's much more like "NZT Brian is smarter than regular Brian, therefore he has the voice of authority", and basically even though it's the same person, "regular" Brian is the one who has to overcome those tendencies/thoughts/etc. It's smart really to tie more of the emotional weight to regular Brian and not just turn the show into fulltime NZT Brian is the best and to show he's more than what the drug can make him do. The point that he fails to keep the brother from getting killed even while on NZT pretty much reinforces this.

hbkdx12

The show seems to have potential.

The only thing i really loathe is the police procedural aspect of it.

I also (unexpectedly) warmed up to the show a lot more now that deb and quinn are a "thing" again. Especially since their roles on this show and dexter are so similar.

This show should turn into Dexter on NZT and give us ultimate dexter send off that we never got!

I can already see how it could work...

Brian starts to have a psychological break from all the NZT where the brian on NZT has no knowledge or recolation of whats happening when he's not on NZT and vice versa (it almost seems like it's headed in that direction now that they're leaving tapes for each other) and then Brian on NZT falls into being a serial killer while believing he's untouchable because of all his hyper awareness and such all the while trying to stay one step ahead of the feds.

Admittedly, that sounds terrible

I just want dexter back :(

TheOddOne

- Deadline: ‘Limitless’ Receives Full-Season Order From CBS.
The three strongest new dramas this season now all have received full-season orders, with CBS’ Limitless joining NBC’s Blindspot and ABC’s Quantico. CBS just gave its first Back 9 order for the season to the series follow-up to the movie starring Bradley Cooper.
Based on the 2011 feature, Limitless is this season’s #2 new series among total viewers with an average of 11.43 million. In adults 18-49, it is averaging a 2.4, up +9% from last year’s time period. The freshman drama has won its Tuesday 10 PM time period in viewers every week since its premiere. Also, it’s one of CBS’s top series in multi-platform viewing, including a series premiere that saw its audience increase +79% and its adults 18-49 rating jump +132% from its live plus same day average.

I have nothing new to add other than to chime in and say I am loving this show. The lead is great and the humor is balanced really well.

Is it me or is the English guy a dead ringer for a black Sean Bean?

I've been watching this each week, good show that has extended the movie elements to episodic content quite well. I'm hoping for more Moora elements intertwining over FBI elements after that last episode. It worked quite well and added the twist away from yet another cop show aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom